It's Baseball (Movie) Season

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love sports movies and among my favorites are baseball movies even though I can't sit there and watch the sport in real time. My attention span will not allow it.

And I get seasonal about my movies and since the season is officially underway, so is baseball movie season.

So, what's your favorite? Even though it's one of the few not based on fact, "The Natural" still rules even though "Eight Men Out", "61*" and "Major League" run a close second.

If you haven't seen it, "The Final Season" with Sean Astin and Powers Boothe is really good based on a true story and if you want a great movie to watch with your youngsters interested in baseball, I highly recommend "The Perfect Game", one of the best family movies I've ever seen.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The Sandlot (loved it as a kid)
I still say this word in a joking way
giphy.gif

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad News Bears ... I loved it as a kid because I played baseball and every league had their "Yankees" team :D

For the Love of the Game ... I didn't care for the love story aspect of it, but I enjoyed the evolution of the player's career story

The Rookie ... because it was somewhat based on a true story

Major League ... because it was the 80s

Hardline

Reaction score
Eight Men Out is my favorite baseball movie because it's based on the 1919 Black Sox scandal where they threw the World Series.

The Natural with Robert Redford
Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck
A League of their Own about women's baseball during WWII while the men were fighting the war..

Bull Durham

And one of the all time best documentary ever.... Baseball by Ken Burns.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eight Men Out is my favorite baseball movie because it's based on the 1919 Black Sox scandal where they threw the World Series.

The Natural with Robert Redford
Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck
A League of their Own about women's baseball during WWII while the men were fighting the war..

Bull Durham

And one of the all time best documentary ever.... Baseball by Ken Burns.
I forgot about Bull Durham :D

I really like that one as well!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
A League of their Own
The Natural
Major League
The Sandlot

I have a soft spot for Rookie of the Year and Little Big League even though they're objectively not so great.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A League of their Own
The Natural
Major League
The Sandlot

I have a soft spot for Rookie of the Year and Little Big League even though they're objectively not so great.
That's the beauty of sports films, they do not have to be great to be great to you.

bb721

Reaction score
Long Gone.... This was an HBO film from back in the 80’s that many may not have seen. It starred William Petersen, Virginia Madsen and Dermot Mulroney.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched Major League last night, still a really funny baseball movie but then I made the mistake of watching ML2 and with almost the same cast and the same director/writer, it was a poor imitation. I remember doing this last time too. Unfortunately, I remembered that too late.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
8 Men Out was good. There a few others but do not recall their names because it has been so long since watching them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 Men Out was good. There a few others but do not recall their names because it has been so long since watching them.
Watched that last night and followed with 61*. This afternoon it's The Perfect Game and tonight, The Natural.

timb2

Reaction score
I had my son and he played Little League Baseball and it was almost a ritual every spring of these 3 movies for him as a must see.He loved these 3 and I enjoyed watching him enjoy these movies.

The Sandlot
Rookie of the Year
Angels in the Outfield

BillyBates

Reaction score
Man o Man baseball season\summer :thumbdown:, I swear I could assume the fetal position. no football, heat, boaters, bugs, grass growing.:mad: