Its clear to me now... Owens has to go after season

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
StarKist;2482827 said:
TO will be lined up wearing the Star at the new stadium for the opening game in 2009. Jerry wouldn't have it any other way... bank it.

This is pretty much a fact and the thought of it has been a major boost to sales of Haterade.

davey999

Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.

I agree with you.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482782 said:
If Owens stays, you can bet Jerry will get rid of players and/or coaches just to appease him. Who knows...he trades Romo for a mere 2nd rounder, he trades Bradie James and lets a key UFA walk as well.

Remember the Niners fired Mooch just to appease TO. They hired Dennis Erickson LARGELY b/c he told Niners management, "I'm going to get TO the ball alot". Heck-Mooch was making strides with that team.

Not even remotely true.

Mariucci was fired because he pissed off Donahue, Walsh, and York when he asked for more personnel power and later wanted to interview for the Notre Dame job.

jmause3

Reaction score
StarKist;2482827 said:
P.S. TO will be lined up wearing the Star at the new stadium for the opening game in 2009. Jerry wouldn't have it any other way... bank it.

Yup. There is no way that the new stadium opens up without him being on the roster.

And for those people who think the offense will better off without TO, maybe we aren't seeing the same thing. Defenses will do the same thing to Roy that they did to TO when he was the only big play threat. We don't have a number 2 receiver if he's not here whether you want to belive it or not.

Austin
Crayton
Hurd

Please!

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Name ONE other wide receiver in the league like him...

1. An anemic 50% completion rate
2. So many balls thrown his way
3. Who can talk profusely out of his vaginaaa?
4. Gets paid $10 million to distract and destroy his own team

That's some serious talent.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2482896 said:
Name ONE other wide receiver in the league like him...

1. An anemic 50% completion rate
2. So many balls thrown his way
3. Who can talk profusely out of his vaginaaa?
4. Gets paid $10 million to distract and destroy his own team

That's some serious talent.

Steve Smith gets tons of balls throw his way, as does Randy Moss(I thought Brady force-fed him a bit too much down the stretch last year).

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.

and he draws double coverage most every down... who on our WR does that...

I see your point, but it would hurt us bad to cut him loose...

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
I would trade Witten... YES I SAID IT! WITTEN! 1 He is worth more. 2 We have Bennett.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2483077 said:
I would trade Witten... YES I SAID IT! WITTEN! 1 He is worth more. 2 We have Bennett.

We could get 2 #1's and 2 #2's for him. Not bad.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
At this point, I am pretty neutral toward TO despite my username. I still think that his ego is causing a problem, but he has so much talent for catching passes I can almost forgive it. If we got rid of TO, it might be like the NYG from last year. After Shockey got hurt, Eli stopped feeling like he was obligated to get him the ball so many times per game, and just started hitting players like Boss when they were open. Unless something terrible happens, I would want TO back next year. I dont like him, but with Ginger as OC, we absolutely need him.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
DO IT...NOW! You couldn't be more right and here's why. When it starts to go downhill for great athletes it's a hard pillow to swallow. They will deny it and swear they haven't lost...THAT step. He's lost a little bit but it will only get worse.

With Owens, he just doesn't take himself out...he brings the locker room with him. He will never fall on his sword, he'll take casualities.

Am I glad he is a Cowboy...yes. Has he been productive yes. Has he helped the team win..yes. However, I have never respected any Cowboy fan who has ever bought a TO jersey because they don't get it and if you disagree...sorry you still just don't get it.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483094 said:
At this point, I am pretty neutral toward TO despite my username. I still think that his ego is causing a problem, but he has so much talent for catching passes I can almost forgive it. If we got rid of TO, it might be like the NYG from last year. After Shockey got hurt, Eli stopped feeling like he was obligated to get him the ball so many times per game, and just started hitting players like Boss when they were open. Unless something terrible happens, I would want TO back next year. I dont like him, but with Ginger as OC, we absolutely need him.
I don't know if you realize it or not but most of Tony's turnovers come when forcing the ball to Witten not Owens. I seem to remember Witten and Romo saying the loss was their fault and that is true! Owens has a right to be mad! These guys blew a sure win because Romo forces the ball to Witten. You have a great rookie TE 2 amazing WR's and what might be the best #3 WR in the league and you target an injured TE every time the ball is snaped you WILL lose games.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2483100 said:
DO IT...NOW! You couldn't be more right and here's why. When it starts to go downhill for great athletes it's a hard pillow to swallow. They will deny it and swear they haven't lost...THAT step. He's lost a little bit but it will only get worse.
Players that have lost a step dont get 200 yard recieving games. He is still an elite wide receiver.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2483100 said:

With Owens, he just doesn't take himself out...he brings the locker room with him. He will never fall on his sword, he'll take casualities.

Am I glad he is a Cowboy...yes. Has he been productive yes. Has he helped the team win..yes. However, I have never respected any Cowboy fan who has ever bought a TO jersey because they don't get it and if you disagree...sorry you still just don't get it.
Lost a step? Really? Wow could have fooled me... I mean when he gets the ball his numbers are amazing but your right we should have more guys like Terry Glenn and Joe Horn... LOL!

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2483105 said:
I don't know if you realize it or not but most of Tony's turnovers come when forcing the ball to Witten not Owens. I seem to remember Witten and Romo saying the loss was their fault and that is true! Owens has a right to be mad! These guys blew a sure win because Romo forces the ball to Witten. You have a great rookie TE 2 amazing WR's and what might be the best #3 WR in the league and you target an injured TE every time the ball is snaped you WILL lose games.

He still goes to TO if TO is open or not. Hell, you blame the 4th quarter turnover on Romo keying on Witten, when it was his first quarter INT where he through to TO, triple coverage be damned. A play where TO diddnt even try to break the pass up.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483094 said:

Shockey also ran alot of undisciplined routes-it was as if he had no clue how to run them. In the Minny game last year-2 of Eli's picks were b/c on blitzes, Shockey ran the wrong route. Eli made the proper reads and throws to spots, but Shockey didn't do his job. Ultimately, it was Eli who got the grunt of all the criticism.

Shockey also never showed up to the team's minicamps, and Eli had a tough time getting together to work with him in the offseason. It was no surprise they had little chemistry together.

The Panch

Reaction score
T.O.'s a cancer without a doubt. But even at this point in T.O.'s career, there's very few receivers in this league capable of doing what he can do. If you can get a receiver nearly as good as him, who's younger and proven to not cause drama, I say go for it. Even if you have to throw in a high draft pick. But unless it's Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings, Roddy White, etc., you cant get back your worth.