News: ITS: DE Robert Quinn Apparently Made His Free Agency Decision Via Coin Flip

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE Robert Quinn Apparently Made His Free Agency Decision Via Coin Flip

bmartin_dallas-cowboys_de-robert-quinn-on-pace-to-have-a-career-high-in-qb-sacks.jpg

April 5, 2020 - Robert Quinn was one of the Cowboys' most high profile free agents this Spring. No, he wasn't Dak Prescott or Amari Cooper star level, but he was the

Read Full Story

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This part proves Quinn was intent to leave the Cowboys for more money elsewhere...

"What we do know now, however, is that Robert Quinn couldn’t fully make up his mind either. According to Patrick Finley of The Sun Times, Quinn told Chicago media he “flipped a coin” when deciding whether to join the Bears or Atlanta Falcons."

We shouldn't care for 1 year mercenaries. Good luck and good riddance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This part proves Quinn was intent to leave the Cowboys for more money elsewhere...

"What we do know now, however, is that Robert Quinn couldn’t fully make up his mind either. According to Patrick Finley of The Sun Times, Quinn told Chicago media he “flipped a coin” when deciding whether to join the Bears or Atlanta Falcons."

We shouldn't care for 1 year mercenaries. Good luck and good riddance.
I think he knew he wasn’t getting those type of contracts from anyone. I’m not even sure he thought he’d get that deal from anyone.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's getting paid. After starting a new career and finally getting paid what I am worth I understand. Wish we had him, glad we don't.
I agree.

So we traded Quinn for Smith at half the cost.

I bet they take a DE in the draft early early like at 2.

First the CB then the DL Don't need a Oieja Board to figure this draft out.

Safety in 3 and C at 4.

TE at 5 and LBer at 6.

The order may move around depending..

but I think that's the draft for us.

Save some cap and shop some more after the draft when some cuts hit the pavement.

ultron

Reaction score
Sounds like he’s really in love with football.

Nothing about this is surprising, he was ‘contract hunting’ the whole season and was terrible against the run and screens b/c he would take huge 12 yard stupid looping “moves” to try to get to the QB every play. He played ~650 snaps and had ~11 sacks, other than that this guy was completely and utterly useless & hung the rest of this defense out to dry.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Living in Chicago or Atlanta???

Lol ATL is a happening town... wow

Paradox

Reaction score
Sounds like he’s really in love with football.

Nothing about this is surprising, he was ‘contract hunting’ the whole season and was terrible against the run and screens b/c he would take huge 12 yard stupid looping “moves” to try to get to the QB every play. He played ~650 snaps and had ~11 sacks, other than that this guy was completely and utterly useless & hung the rest of this defense out to dry.

Exactly! Quinn was a nightmare. The only help he offered was when he actually landed a sack. And then he'd do the big loop again and the other team got 20 yards by way of a screen or flat route in his direction on the very next play. He's a selfish bonehead and there is nothing worse in a team sport.

I was saying this to a Bears fan friend of mine and he said it doesn't matter because they just need someone to pressure the QB on the other side of Mack. But I don't think my friend fully understands the defensive collapses he's in for.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Exactly! Quinn was a nightmare. The only help he offered was when he actually landed a sack. And then he'd do the big loop again and the other team got 20 yards by way of a screen or flat route in his direction on the very next play. He's a selfish bonehead and there is nothing worse in a team sport.

I was saying this to a Bears fan friend of mine and he said it doesn't matter because they just need someone to pressure the QB on the other side of Mack. But I don't think my friend fully understands the defensive collapses he's in for.

Tell your friend the rubber is about ready to meet the road.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can put a LB out there and cut him loose on the QB with no containment responsibilities and you'll get the same results.

BYE

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Indoors in Dec vs playing in outdoors in Chicago.
seems crazy..right? Quinn has never played in that cold on a regular basis...

1. SC High school
2. NC college
3. LA Rams and Miami
4. Dallas

5 Chicago? https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQNALu5HzRUojjzcREazRsLiWWIGiuaG0pqgY0PBuVlPsFhufhv&usqp=CAU

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
Quinn was a good exercise in a value contract for Dallas and a nice comp pick after a year. We would do well to find similar deals going forward. Much better than the concept of trading a high pick for a huge contract (Cooper, the potential Adams nonsense).