It's official: Brady will test free agency

DFWJC

Reaction score
Probably just a formality to allow Brady a choice IF he actually wants one.

He'd fit in pretty well on the Chargers roster though. Or maybe the Titans Or maybe Elway wants to try for magic again....but Denver's D is not as dominant now.

It seems really far-fetched though.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ill translate this out for you. Go test the free agent market and lets see what people are willing to give a 42 year old QB. After they let us know what they are willing to give you, come back to us and lets negotiate.

Problem with this scenario for Brady is I dont really think anyone is really thinking Brady is actually going to leave the Pats, so the offers he get will not be serious IMO, thus they will be low and thus the Pats get a break.

If im the Dolphins, I offer him 40 freaking million per year, just to screw the Pats over.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Zero chance of him coming here. Zero. Not sure why some even think it's possible.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sign Tom Brady. Lee wants to play another year. Get Witten to stay. Allow Dez to comeback. We could field the all-geriatric team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Brady would go to San Francisco if they decided to go after him but IDK.
Can they afford him at 30M and 27.5 for his backup? And who's trading for Garoppolo unless they have the cap and get another player in the deal? The Niners could give the QB and DL in a deal just to get Garoppolo off the books. They're not going to keep all of those DL anyway.

Brady to the Niners sounds like the completion of life. He returns home to play for his idol's team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Probably just a formality to allow Brady a choice IF he actually wants one.

He'd fit in pretty well on the Chargers roster though. Or maybe the Titans Or maybe Elway wants to try for magic again....but Denver's D is not as dominant now.

It seems really far-fetched though.
This is the most likely case, but it could turn dramatic. Will be a very interesting non Cowboys story to follow leading up to FA

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Can they afford him at 30M and 27.5 for his backup? And who's trading for Garoppolo unless they have the cap and get another player in the deal? The Niners could give the QB and DL in a deal just to get Garoppolo off the books. They're not going to keep all of those DL anyway.

Brady to the Niners sounds like the completion of life. He returns home to play for his idol's team.

They can easily get out of Garappolo's contract, if they wish to. So the question really is, do they want to? I mean, we were 8-8 so are we really that close? 9ers lost in the 4th quarter to KC. Do they look at their team and say, we were really close there. Brady is the difference. They could easily say that and convince themselves of it and I just don't think that Brady is going to whomever the high bidder might be. He's going to pick where he wants to go and San Francisco would be the place that I believe he picks. JMO.

starfan1

Reaction score
But is it?!

The front office is going throw down 30 mill on a QB. Why not Brady?

Jerry's a business man too. There's probably not many players in the league who can do for sales and marketing what Brady could
ones 25 and on the rise the other is 42 and on the way down if not already there. Easy math equation

I was listening on the fan today about hypothetical' s and someone brought up the bears trading for Dak. They would give us 2 2nds and next years 1st (Because they dont have a first this year Khalil Mack). Im on board with keeping dak but the thought of that and grabbing Brady for 1 year or 2 seemed plausible.

Again Im on board with keeping dak but it was interesting.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Brady/Rivers & Dez can go join Garrett. Take Witten with.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Two reasons. Brady can teach the Cowboys how to prepare and take care of business during the regular season. I.e., get priorities in order.

Then he can teach them how to compete in the playoffs with the goal of winning championships.

Charles Haley helped the 1992 Cowboys prepare, practice, and play like champions since he already experienced 2 SB victories previously.

Brady has been to 9 SBs with 6 victories. Both more than the Dallas Cowboys have ever accomplished.

All of that is true. Why not bring in Joe Montana? Brady is done or VERY, VERY close to it. He's had an incredible career but I'd have no interest in holding the bag when the music stops and he is Peyton Manning in 2015. We all know this team doesn't have the defense for that.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Not sure age is any advantage...

Winning QBs
25 or younger: 5 Super Bowls
26-30 years old: 24 Super Bowls
31-35 years old: 16 Super Bowls
36 or older: 7 Super Bowls

This was compiled last year before Brady won at 41.
And Mahomes this year at 24.
The average age is 30.71 years.

What’s amazing about this statistic is that the 36 and older crowd has almost doubled their total the last few years. Three of the last four Super Bowl winners have been among the oldest to ever win the game with Tom Brady taking two Lombardi Trophies at 37 and 39 respectively and Manning’s victory with the Broncos. These numbers line up with what we’re seeing around the NFL with quarterbacks being more and more protected by the changes taking place in the game. With more elite quarterbacks like Brees and Brady playing to 40 and beyond it certainly increases their chances of winning a championship in the latter stages of their career. In case you’re wondering, the other 35+ year-old quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl were Johnny Unitas, Jim Plunkett, and John Elway twice.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
No way he comes to Dallas. If there is a lesson here, its that the QB market isn't nearly as dry as people make it out to be. I think the Patriots know that so they realize they can get him for a reasonable amount of money once he figures out that his options aren't that great. Virtually all of the spots are filled.

Maybe Jerry should take a lesson from this and realize he has more leverage with Dak than Dak's agent wants him to believe.

pentatwirl

Reaction score
The Cowboys would never sign Brady; they overvalue and overpay their own talent, and they’ll do the same with Dak.
Once someone tells Jerry he can have Brady retire a Cowboy and then induct him into the Ring of Honor as an extra jab at Jimmy, all that's left is to blow dry the ink.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
They were just talking about this on Highly Questionable, They pretty much said it would be stupid to get rid of Dak for Tom Brady at his age