It's official: Brady will test free agency

morat1959

Reaction score
Jerry will do whatever keeps us firmly planted into mediocrity.

I’d be shocked if whoever acquires Brady doesn’t have a deep playoff run while we’re watching it and making excuses about our defense or something.
You can bet if won’t be Dak’s fault!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
IF, that huge word, IF Brady signs with another team it will be with a team that he thinks has all of the pieces to win a Super Bowl. He'll look at Dallas and say there are enough questions on defense for him to pass on the Cowboys. Not to mention that last week Stephen said the Cowboys didn't even give Brady any thought when it was first reported that Brady might sign with another team. Lastly many people believe that all this talk of Brady signing elsewhere is just a ploy by Brady.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm down with Brady for one-two years under McCarthy, handing the ball to Zeke and throwing to Cooper and Gallup. Yes, that works for me.

Sign Brady trade Dak let Witten go (but only after Jerry convinces Gronk to come back and play for the Cowboys)!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't even hate Dak. I hate the fact that we are gonna make an average QB the highest paid player in the NFL. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Actually I'm complementing him in a way. A average QB that went in the fourth round for a top 5 pick..That's a pretty good return for Dak.
Oh, so its the team you hate. You like Dak because why? You don't think he can get the team to the Super Bowl which jives well with your hate for the team.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
And even if you did do that, you would have to hope for a good QB prospect to draft because Tom at best only has a couple years left in him if that.

Either way I doubt you would have both on your roster at the same time.

This is the best NFL Draft class for quarterbacks in the history of the league. Not hyperbole, it really is. They need to get their guy and take advantage of that rookie contract to get to the Super Bowl, with or without Tom Terrific.

ESisback

Reaction score
Why are conspiracy theorists waaaaaaay more concerned with "Dallas hate" than the actual players?

Why do such “enlightened” realists seem waaaaaaay too obsessed with discrediting “conspiracy theorists”?

willia451

Reaction score
Going for Brady is the ultimate wildcat move. You're hoping he has enough left in the tank for 2 years and maybe a SB run. And at the same time praying you find his replacement in the draft quick enough before he becomes worthless.

If you're not sold on Dak being the guy for 5 years or more, it's something I could see Jerry doing.

The media circus alone would be epic.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I'm down with Brady for one-two years under McCarthy, handing the ball to Zeke and throwing to Cooper and Gallup. Yes, that works for me.

Brady said he hates Dallas more than any other team, having grown up a 49er fan. Won't happen.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Brady said he hates Dallas more than any other team, having grown up a 49er fan. Won't happen.

$30 million has a way of changing hearts, minds, and souls! In more pathetic cases $30 million makes you taller and less homely, like so damn ugly you're cute, but don't take my word for it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Going for Brady is the ultimate wildcat move. You're hoping he has enough left in the tank for 2 years and maybe a SB run. And at the same time praying you find his replacement in the draft quick enough before he becomes worthless.

If you're not sold on Dak being the guy for 5 years or more, it's something I could see Jerry doing.

The media circus alone would be epic.
It’s not a bad idea you can just pay Brady 30 mill 2 years tag Jones. And still draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd and just draft heavy on defense after that. Wait nvm we don’t have a 1st. Well still in the 2nd, they say Hurts may fall to the 2nd.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cause Brady isn't better than Dak at this point in their careers. Maybe 3-5 years ago but right now Dak at 34 million is better than Brady at 30 plus.
Dak is more mobile and durable, but those are probably the only advantages he has over Brady.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the best NFL Draft class for quarterbacks in the history of the league. Not hyperbole, it really is. They need to get their guy and take advantage of that rookie contract to get to the Super Bowl, with or without Tom Terrific.

I don't think so. I don't think it will even be close to the 83 draft

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Oh, so its the team you hate. You like Dak because why? You don't think he can get the team to the Super Bowl which jives well with your hate for the team.

Wait..what? This is beyond illogical.

He stated the fact that he hates the theory of paying a top 15 player the highest contract for his position..so he hates the team?

You must now be in love with a 40+ million dollar per year deal with a QB to love the team?

Some of y'all have lost y'alls ever loving minds.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If you brought in Brady, I don't think it would be for backup duty.
I imagine Brady might have enough left in the tank with good offensive line and weapons.

HOWEVER...that means you lose Dak.

You can't trade him unless you sign and trade or do the tag situation and someone agrees to terms.

And even if you did do that, you would have to hope for a good QB prospect to draft because Tom at best only has a couple years left in him if that.

Either way I doubt you would have both on your roster at the same time.

Where is the problem ?