Its time to move Tyler inside

visionary

Reaction score
Can Tyler Smith play center? Seriously. Biadasz gets no push. Got shoved back into his own backfield frequently by D. Lawrence today.

the Giants probably are top 1-2 in DT play

he’s been ok

NotForLong

Reaction score
He is an idiot, i agree. But hes right on this one.

even duke manyweather agrees

I have been saying this since we drafted Him . . We all know this . . . But things change and His ability to transition without any work in the preseason has been a God Send

As long as the Cowboys have someone that is better then Tyler at LT He should be at LG . . . Right now . . . Early in His career . . . He will Dominate inside . . . And after a few seasons under His belt . . . The boys could move Him outside if need be and He will dominate there as well . . . If He stays healthy this will be at a 10 year career of All Pro Play.

I would prefer Tyron playing injusry free for the next 3 years, leaving Tyler at LG . . . but we all know that ain't gonna happen. . . at least this year we got 2 old dogs to play LT. . . as they both become fit Tyler moving inside is a foregone conclusion

When you make your name talking you have to keep it fresh . . . But in no way are these guys prophetic or are they so keen that they can see the obvious

This was always the plan

Either way I am happy

:oldcouple:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Knee jerk reactions to a bad game. Dude was probably a little under the weather. If his poor play continues then it's an issue. But I'm not making a switch after one game.
It was a combination of the short week and blitzing style . . . also the Giants played the Boys already this year, so I am sure The coaches had a little something extra planned for Him.

This game is in no way a factor determining if and when Tyler slips inside. .

These internet warriors are jumping at the opportunity to be the 1st to tell you so

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think a lot of you forget that TyLER is a rookie. He struggled today but has been pretty damn good this year.

He had a bad game.
It's arguably the absolute worst time to move him inside, and it could be taken as a judgment by the team against him at LT, and could lead to poor self judgment as well.
Might be better to give him a game to right the ship before moving him to LG. Not good to end his time at LT this season on a clunker of a performance.

Gaede

Reaction score
Rough game for the rookie. I'd wait till Tyron comes back to move him though. The OL works right now, as a whole, and we shouldn't make any drastic changes

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Tyler had some boneheaded penalties but he still had a decent game. He's the RT of the future. he's not moving to the inside until Tyron Smith comes back.
Hi I could be wrong but I believe Jerry Jones has already said Tyrone Smith gets his job back and Tyler goes to left guard. Tyler Tyler is experiencing growing pains he’s a terrific left tackle rookie year

Einstein

Reaction score
Really bad day for the kid yesterday... let's see how he responds

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Tyron is nearing his return and Tyler almost sabotaged this game with his poor play. Put him there next week vs Colts and give Peters the start at LT until Tyron comes back

I dont think they have the confidence in Peters right now to do that, but Tyron should be very close.

I do expect Tyler to be back at LT in 2023 though. He's a pro's pro and I think you will see a very big improvement from him next year

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
time doesn't stop for anyone. I know when I played basketball it took longer and longer to get back into playing shape.
I think he was signed more as depth and as a mentor.

Im surprised he is still playing. He has made alot of money in his career and he only made around the vet min in 2021 and this year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think he was signed more as depth and as a mentor.

Im surprised he is still playing. He has made alot of money in his career and he only made around the vet min in 2021 and this year.
yep, I agree, he's signed as a stopgap for when the starters return. I doubt he will be in good enough shape to play a full half this year.

pitt33

Reaction score
Not sure we'll see vintage Tyron we he gets back. A lot of miles on those wheels and starting to get non contact injuries.
And penalties. Hate to say it but he is notorious for a drive crippling penalty in many instances.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tyler had some boneheaded penalties but he still had a decent game. He's the RT of the future. he's not moving to the inside until Tyron Smith comes back.
bone headed penalties negate the good play...that was his card in college, very penalty prone. its carried to the NFL

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Overreaction on that OLine caused problems last year. Stay with what we have. The TV pointed out the consistency these guys have had all year. Everyone except for McGovern had 98% or higher snaps together. That’s not common. Every lineman can come back from a bad game, and not to excuse it, but you expect it from rookies and difficult Dlines.

Penalties are the main thing I’d like to see them reduce but the whole team is guilty of that.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Overreaction on that OLine caused problems last year. Stay with what we have. The TV pointed out the consistency these guys have had all year. Everyone except for McGovern had 98% or higher snaps together. That’s not common. Every lineman can come back from a bad game, and not to excuse it, but you expect it from rookies and difficult Dlines.

Penalties are the main thing I’d like to see them reduce but the whole team is guilty of that.

Playing better players will help you.
Tyron and even Peters at this point are better Tackles. Tyler Smith is demonstrably a better guard than Mcgovern. You're getting 2016 elite level line play with either start.

Your stars playing bad last year against San Fran is why we got booted out the playoffs. I'd argue we could have still won if not for 14 penalties.