It's time to shut down Zeke for the year

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously, he has mentally checked out. There's nothing worse for injury risk than a player going through the motions, completely disinterested in what he's doing. Not only that, he could get someone else hurt. We can't get rid of him, so the best course of action at this point is to just shut him down, save some tread on the tires, and hope he comes back strong next year.
Too late, he already got Martin hurt.

plymkr

Reaction score
In my opinion, Zeke cares more about parties and drugs than football.
I guess we are stuck with him for at least through 2021. Hopefully, next year will be his last here. Might have to wait until after 2022 to dump him. Unless he does something stupid off the field and the guaranteed money is voided.
Yeah so what is his contract looking like and when can we get out of it or get some relief. Are we definitely saddled with this loser this year and next year? How much dead weight will he be on the cap in 2022?

Darkhound

Reaction score
Zeke is a loooser and I hope we cut him.
He is a pathetic attempt of a wannabe leader.

He is as reflexion of what we are as a team... just sparks, marketing and no substance.

jay94

Reaction score
zeke is still elite....the blocking just isn't there. Honestly, I cant think of a back in the nfl Id rather have. Henry doesn't catch the ball as well out of the backfield as zeke. Mccaffrey? Eh...whats he done? The closest back to zeke may be kamara, but kamara can't be a 25+ carry back like
zeke can be.
In fact, there arent that many players in the nfl period I would take over zeke- mahomes, jackson, probably aaron donald...who else?

No Zeke has never been elite, when he began his career he had elite blocking.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I can’t believe the hate for Zeke on this forum. Ezekiel Elliot isn’t having his best season but he’s the reason this team has had any success the past four years.

His ability and his determination won us a lot of games. He got a big contract that he deserved.

find me a guy that gives you 1300 yards 12 touchdowns and 30-50 plus catches on a consistent basis in the nfl. Is also as durable as they come. That’s what Zeke does.

he didn’t even play bad today. 12 for 50 behind a terrible oline and with a backup qb.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Obviously, he has mentally checked out. There's nothing worse for injury risk than a player going through the motions, completely disinterested in what he's doing. Not only that, he could get someone else hurt. We can't get rid of him, so the best course of action at this point is to just shut him down, save some tread on the tires, and hope he comes back strong next year.

So as punishment for Zeke's poor play, we should pay him massive amounts of money to have a paid vacation for the rest of the year. Just think about the logical of that for a moment.

Not that we are out of the usual delusional Dallas fan Dimension. The real answer is you run his worn-down self into the ground. Make him earn every over-inflated penny he whined about, then let him go.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the O-line could open some holes and if the QBs were a threat, Zeke would be fine. He has made mistakes because he's pressing. He needs to stop fumbling, but he didn't do that today. The look on his face tells me he cares and is dumbfounded about what this season has become. He can be part of the solution, but so much more needs to be fixed.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yeah so what is his contract looking like and when can we get out of it or get some relief. Are we definitely saddled with this loser this year and next year? How much dead weight will he be on the cap in 2022?

Just played around in spotrac a little. Not sure how it all works. Maybe have to eat $14M on the cap to get rid of him. Might help if it can be designated a June 1st cut. With the cap most likely dropping to $175M next year, I would guess too difficult unless either Dak leaves or Dak signs a team friendly deal. Since Dak and Zeke are best friends, I doubt Dak signs a friendly deal only so the Cowboys cut Zeke. Looks like a package deal with Dak and Zeke. They both go or both stay. I say let both go.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He can still be integral part of the overall offense but the days of giving him 25-30 touches on offense should be over.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

The servers and staff here at Cabo love him. Beeg tipper, good jokes about hees stupid boss.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeke is still elite....the blocking just isn't there. Honestly, I cant think of a back in the nfl Id rather have. Henry doesn't catch the ball as well out of the backfield as zeke. Mccaffrey? Eh...whats he done? The closest back to zeke may be kamara, but kamara can't be a 25+ carry back like
zeke can be.
In fact, there arent that many players in the nfl period I would take over zeke- mahomes, jackson, probably aaron donald...who else?

You must have missed the Dalvin Cook show yesterday.

He took over the game and basically single-handedly beat the Packers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't dude me man....please that kinda talk is for your fellow Dak-Trolls who you desire to love you!

Dude. Your the anti-Dak troll dude. Quit being a dude and you'll quit getting called dude. Ok dude.