It's time to trade Zeke

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can this dumb thread be closed?

aint no RB pass block like Zeke in NFL....and Zeke has obvious more burst this year...plus Zeke and Pollard are Thunder and Lightening.....dont mess with it....we can run and pass effectively

i am just a bit leery of Philly interior D line...Cox and Hargrave....are getting good push up middle...but cant be as tough as Bucs interior D....i think Martin can help there....plus Dak is getting

rid of the ball much faster this year compared to years past....remember he use to hold ball way too long?...he has corrected that....he has improved especially since 2019 in both footwork

and throwing mechanics....Dak top 5 QB NFL or close to it at least top 7.....this is new year ...Go - Cowboys....2-1 after 3 games come Monday night

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
aint no RB pass block like Zeke in NFL....and Zeke has obvious more burst this year...plus Zeke and Pollard are Thunder and Lightening.....dont mess with it....we can run and pass effectively

i am just a bit leery of Philly interior D line...Cox and Hargrave....are getting good push up middle...but cant be as tough as Bucs interior D....i think Martin can help there....plus Dak is getting

rid of the ball much faster this year compared to years past....remember he use to hold ball way too long?...he has corrected that....he has improved especially since 2019 in both footwork

and throwing mechanics....Dak top 5 QB NFL or close to it at least top 7.....this is new year ...Go - Cowboys....2-1 after 3 games come Monday night

SSoup

Reaction score
Nobody wants him at this price, especially not now that he's spent a good chunk of actual games running worse than his generic, cheap, mid-round backup.

The time to trade him was before his backup was running better than him. Before his yards per carry dipped to a mediocre level and before he had a butterfingers fumble-prone season. And before you handed him a massive long-term deal no running back is worth in today's NFL. The time to trade him was in his contract year, basically. Of course, we wouldn't have recovered what we invested in him with a top 5 pick (which wasn't just an abstract concept of a pick, it was a great cornerback sitting there).

We just need to accept that we handled the RB position incorrectly and learn our lesson from it so we don't do it again. It's kind of insane that we made the mistake in the first place, honestly.

Remember when Washington traded Champ Bailey to Denver for Clinton Portis, and everybody with any brain cells immediately laughed at how backwards and stupid they were for trading a great cornerback for a great running back, since RBs grow on trees and since cornerbacks are impossibly difficult to find? Yeah, that was 2004. Running backs have only gotten less valuable and even easier to find since then. The passing game as only become more important and harder to stop, making cornerback an even harder position to fill. It's honestly as if our war room woke up that day and decided to cosplay as if they'd time-traveled back to the '70s or '80s. Like a bunch of idiots at a Civil War reenactment or a renaissance fair. A great cornerback prospect was sitting there for us and we decided we'd rather have a RB. Yikes.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.
what do you do about the cap issue
Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.

what do YOU do about the cap issue?

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.

He's lost his speed, can't break tackles, and has an overpaid contract, and you think that turns into a high draft pick? Dallas would have to give the team they traded him to a high draft pick. Similar to what the Rams did with Detroit for taking Goff.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Pollard has always had more "burst" than Elliott. That is the comical thing about most of these posts. I am not weakening Pollard in the least, I am just saying that many of these "woke" posts, are lame. Zeke will continue to prove the naysayers wrong, just as Dak has done time and time again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Pollard has always had more "burst" than Elliott. That is the comical thing about most of these posts. I am not weakening Pollard in the least, I am just saying that many of these "woke" posts, are lame. Zeke will continue to prove the naysayers wrong, just as Dak has done time and time again.
Pollard has never had the burst 2016 Zeke had.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He's lost his speed, can't break tackles, and has an overpaid contract, and you think that turns into a high draft pick? Dallas would have to give the team they traded him to a high draft pick. Similar to what the Rams did with Detroit for taking Goff.

Thus the reason they need to trade him now. The more film they see about him the more likely he ain't worth it.

Jerry needs to use his sales skills and get it done.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The question will still come down to whom, after 2022 season, do you choose if you have to pay one of them? Indeed we may learn a lesson and release both :omg:...... draft another 4th rounder next year and work them into our powerful Offense in 2022.

Zeke now has excellent skills for a fullback. Jones may need to take a hard line approach and tell Zeke, "I just can't afford to pay you elite RB money for 2023, i'm going to have to cut you unless we make a deal.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard would not have gotten the TD up the middle.

Please...jutst stop wit his nonsense...you THINK makes you look so cool and in the know. Don't cover up your stupid nonsense with the "but the money".

Sit back and enjoy a great rb duo.

Or at least PRETEND to. (sheeesh)

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The question will still come down to whom, after 2022 season, do you choose if you have to pay one of them? Indeed we may learn a lesson and release both :omg:...... draft another 4th rounder next year and work them into our powerful Offense in 2022.

Zeke now has excellent skills for a fullback. Jones may need to take a hard line approach and tell Zeke, "I just can't afford to pay you elite RB money for 2023, i'm going to have to cut you unless we make a deal.

The talk of Zeke as a fullback is foolish. He is a running back. A good one at that.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Most we could get for Zeke is maybe a 4th rounder… from a team that feels like they’re only a RB away from competing….his contract isn’t tradable for the most part.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Why would another team make such a trade if what you said about him is true? They can watch film and see the same things.

Flamma

Reaction score
Thus the reason they need to trade him now. The more film they see about him the more likely he ain't worth it.

Jerry needs to use his sales skills and get it done.

Dude, I agree with you. I just don't think anyone would want him. And I'm not big on the idea of giving away a premium pick to unload Zeke. Lets just cross our fingers and hope he kicks some butt.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The talk of Zeke as a fullback is foolish. He is a running back. A good one at that.

Zeke's skill set, with our line-up, is best set in short yardage physical north/south carries and pass rush-blocking, if you don't want to call him a fullback,fine, maybe we'll call him a RB2.

I'll agree that he's a good(ish) RB, the problem is that his worth is restricted to gaps created by our guards. If we'll have to choose between Zeke or Pollard in 2023, which is probable reality of the situation. it would be wise to go with Pollard ....if only for the age difference (and less wear and tear) which does have an effect on RB's.