I've never been more depressed to be a Cowboys fan

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Im pretty down myself, only thing I got goin right now is the slim hope that maybe just maybe, for symmetry's sake.....we too can win a SB after hosting the draft like Philthy just did......We had the epic Drew Pearson rant at their draft, which now looks silly.....they will surely use every opportunity to pound their chests at finally winnin a SB this year at our place for the draft.......so maybe we can put somethin together and get #6? other than that I dunno.....

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Im pretty down myself, only thing I got goin right now is the slim hope that maybe just maybe, for symmetry's sake.....we too can win a SB after hosting the draft like Philthy just did......We had the epic Drew Pearson rant at their draft, which now looks silly.....they will surely use every opportunity to pound their chests at finally winnin a SB this year at our place for the draft.......so maybe we can put somethin together and get #6? other than that I dunno.....

It's not going to happen.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Last year was a great year to be a cowboys fan. Didn't expect much and they won 13 games. It was nice.

Last year could have been great, but the second the front office decided to stick with Dak instead of putting Romo back in as the starter, I knew the season was over.

We've really only had a few fun years in the last 20 or so years... 2007, 2009, 2014...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Last year could have been great, but the second the front office decided to stick with Dak instead of putting Romo back in as the starter, I knew the season was over.

We've really only had a few fun years in the last 20 or so years... 2007, 2009, 2014...

Add 2016 and I agree. That's why I enjoyed last year so much.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It just feels your in a hamster wheel with mediocre results...

Doomed to never stop

At least had we fired Garrett as we should have done every year since 2008 we would have some semblance of hope and the installment of a new culture.

The team takes on the head coaches personality and this is what Garrett is....

J817

Reaction score
Last year was a great year to be a cowboys fan. Didn't expect much and they won 13 games. It was nice.

What made that season even better was the contributions from the rookies that made up one the greatest drafts in Cowboy history :( The good news is the Cowboys appear to do well in getting good contributions from their rookies tbh. Getting great contributions beyond the rookie years appears to be the problem.

School

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had the 5th most wins in the league since 2007, which is when Garrett came on board as OC.

Only the Colts, Steelers, Packers, and Pats have more. Obviously we haven't had the postseason success to match, and that deserves ciritcism, but all this doom and gloom gets ridiculous sometimes.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I've never been depressed to be a Cowboys fan. Do I get disappointed in a game or season's outcome, sure, but never depressed. The Cowboys are my lifelong action drama and I can't wait for the next paragraph, page or chapter. Lately it hasn't been the best of reads but I can never see myself putting the book down. A few more weeks to beat up on Jerry and Jason then it's on to talent evaluation and the draft. I'm actually experiencing more anxiety than depression. Let's go Cowboys:thumbup:

jay94

Reaction score
In 2014, I wrote a post about Garrett being the teflon don and here we are 4 years later and he is replacing his offensive coaching staff yet again...

What is it going to have to take here? The last three years here have been just awful to be a Cowboys fan.

I hope you have been just a fan for 5 years, we were dreadful for many years past the 95 season. We had no qb and it showed, instead of prolonging Aikman's career with a guy who had the best combine ever, we let him go to waste. I still remember his day he threw for 450 yards against the Vikings, guess how much his receivers helped him!!!??? It's like Dak this year, anyways that game his receivers had TEN drops.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2014, I wrote a post about Garrett being the teflon don and here we are 4 years later and he is replacing his offensive coaching staff yet again...

What is it going to have to take here? The last three years here have been just awful to be a Cowboys fan.

I think your spinning this the wrong way. Try this on for size......... The Garret coaching tree continues to bear fruit. Its like a feeding trough of talent for teams at all levels of competition. :lmao2:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

I was dumb to give the guy another chance during the 16 season. I had egg on my face 5 minutes into the GB game....I will never make that mistake again. I feel the same way pretty numb over all with the current status of this organization. I'm just glad I am one of the older fans who actually witnessed the greatness of this organization.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Being a Cowboys fan these days is like being a singing talent show contestant who has been cut 7 straight years, and plans on singing the same song for the 8th straight year, yet expecting to make the cut.
Nice statement could not agree more. They need to replace the star with a teeter totter.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think your spinning this the wrong way. Try this on for size......... The Garret coaching tree continues to bear fruit. Its like a feeding trough of talent for teams at all levels of competition. :lmao2:

Does that tree have any degree of success?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I hope you have been just a fan for 5 years, we were dreadful for many years past the 95 season. We had no qb and it showed, instead of prolonging Aikman's career with a guy who had the best combine ever, we let him go to waste. I still remember his day he threw for 450 yards against the Vikings, guess how much his receivers helped him!!!??? It's like Dak this year, anyways that game his receivers had TEN drops.

I remember it all, but I had hope before...