J. Clowney - why are the Texans not resigning?

MaaS

Reaction score
Curious here...

We have cap room and some coming (Cutting Lee (~7mn), Irving, etc;) - could afford both Lawrence and Clowney. Wouldn't be easy, but damn, Clowney hitting the open market is a big surprise.

Is this speculation or did the Texans say they aren't resigning him?

Young edge players of his caliber don't often hit FA. I can't recall it ever happening. I think the bidding war would get ridiculous. But, it's a heck of a dream. I think he's been played out of position in a 3-4. A team like the Colts with huge cap space could give him whatever it takes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have Gregory, Armstrong and Taco.
No need for Clowney.
:D

Plus we need to pay Tank, can't pay them both.

garyv

Reaction score
Offensively add OL in the Draft than sign Humphries and let Beasley walk than add a TE like Cameron Brate. Defensively
they need to get bigger and stronger at DT.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some team will money whip him if he is still available at the start of FA.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I really do not see the love for clowney. Really he is a good complimentary piece but his numbers should be better considering they have watt and he garners the most attention. To me he is the equivalent of RG, good player OK stats but is not a war daddy.

MaaS

Reaction score
I really do not see the love for clowney. Really he is a good complimentary piece but his numbers should be better considering they have watt and he garners the most attention. To me he is the equivalent of RG, good player OK stats but is not a war daddy.

A lot of Clowney's production doesn't show up in the sack column. For example, he's 3rd in tackles for loss in the last 3 seasons. Just 5 behind Aaron Donald.

He would definitely be overpaid in FA, but he's still pretty dang good.