Jabril Cox already showing his value

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I can only imagine what might have happened if Jaylon Smith had been there, instead of Jabril Cox.

Jaylon might have hesitated just long enough to ensure Dan Jones getting the Giants a touchdown.

He would have hit Jones in the back after Jones had dived in for the TD

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Cox is a coverage lb and he can fly

he showed great instincts because with Jones thats a td usually
It's a bonus to getting him involved more on the D. The kid can play, so lets see what he can do, each week. The draft class has been amazing so far.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It appears to be a great draft class. The 1975 class was "pretty good" too:)
i said ONE OF, not The best

we have yet to see KJ -still curious about him and may take time but even if he simply solid contributor at CB next season that about 5 players that will stick form 7 round draft..not bad

look at Gholston, OSA the uzi, Cox , & Parsons so far all are contributing far above where we thought they would..

Gholston was in on that tackle with cox to knock out Danny i gave you change for dime..hes only played 2 games now was shelved all offseason and this season and starting to flash in only two games..

al defense also very encouraging young and hungry keeps coming up but this is the mirror image of 2016 its the defensive draft picks flashings all over and making names for themselves

31RoyW31

Reaction score
i said ONE OF, not The best

we have yet to see KJ -still curious about him and may take time but even if he simply solid contributor at CB next season that about 5 players that will stick form 7 round draft..not bad

look at Gholston, OSA the uzi, Cox , & Parsons so far all are contributing far above where we thought they would..

Gholston was in on that tackle with cox to knock out Danny i gave you change for dime..hes only played 2 games now was shelved all offseason and this season and starting to flash in only two games..

al defense also very encouraging young and hungry keeps coming up but this is the mirror image of 2016 its the defensive draft picks flashings all over and making names for themselves

I'm not arguing, this draft class is off to an amazing start and the second round pick hasn't even been active yet. '89 was another good draft year with Aikman, Moose, Stepnoski, and Tolbert. Of course they had the first pick of the draft which helps!

Golston is playing very well and there is hardly room to talk about him with everyone else playing so well.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Yes, the 75 class was great....for the future seasons mostly.

During their rookie seasons there was only one starter, Burton Lawless at LG. Many contributed in backup roles and on special teams. Randy White didn't do much, he was mostly struggling with his conversion from DT to MLB, which they later abandoned.

Henderson, Bruenig, and Hegman backed up linebackers Edwards, Jordan and D.D. Lewis. Donovan and Scott backed up O-linemen Neely and Nye. FB Scott Laidlaw backed up Robert Newhouse.

This current class of rookies are contributing to the team's success far more than the 75 or the 2005 classes. In 2005 only Ware and Spears started 15 games and 10 games respectively. Spears, Canty, Ratliff and Burnett combined for a total 6 sacks. Barber rushed for 538 yards a 5 TD's.

We don't know yet what the final contributions will be for this rookie class but it's looking much better on the D-line thanks to about 4 players drafted this season.

True, but back in '75 they usually made players watch their first year, and barely play their second year. 6 pre-season games back then too, the NFL was very focus on making sure everyone was ready to play back then.