News: Jabril Cox shares first impression of Micah Parsons

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jabril knows he's not really competing with Micah for time on the field. They fill different roles in the LB position. Jabril is a coverage guy while Parsons is a blitz threat. So these two have to complement each other as players. They will be teammates for a long time, hopefully.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It seems like in this age of political correctness that correcting is seen as offensive unless it falls into certain categories. I understand that a lot of errors are due to auto-correct, typing too fast and posting without editing (which I'm sometimes guilty of), but I really don't understand why some get offended over being corrected.

I would never try to belittle someone for not knowing the correct word or possibly just making a mistake, but I do think it's OK to actually put what is right. ... And that's the last I'll say about that because I don't want to hijack this thread.

Has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with simple human pride. Been around since the days of questioning one's paper map-navigating skills and beyond. PC is the popular "blame it all on ..." catch-all that's not always accurate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...U-Tigers-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions--165718627/

ADMIN EDIT:

"Definitely very mature," Cox said. "He's ready to work. He's not scared of competition and I think we're going to make each other better — him pushing me and me pushing him. So I can't wait to get things rolling and he's one of those guys that he's really going to be great for a long time."

He also revealed which linebacker positions they were lining up at. Parsons and Cox join a linebacking core of Leighton Vander-Esch, Jaylon Smith, and Keanu Neal.

"Right now, they have him at the Mike and me and the Will, but we're able to interchange and play multiple positions — the Mike, Will and Sam," Cox said. "It's really interchangeable, so we're learning all three. But right now, he's at the Mike and I'm at the Will."

Really glad they went for defense and need in this draft instead of getting caught up in the "FANCY STAT" TE's and WR's that were tempting.

After all, fancy stats mean nothing if you aren't winning right? Where have I heard that before?

I think you are going to wind up liking the fancy stats that these two guys put up over the years. I know your not big on defense, but its every bit as important as offense if not more so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I really think Jaylon is going to play much closer to his Pro Bowl form than what we saw last year. I think what we have at linebacker is going to allow Quinn to play him to his strengths.

There was NEVER a pro bowl form with Jaylon. I know he made it, but it was still surprising. Must have been lots of injuries that year or they were all in the Superbowl.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm sorry what strengths? He doesn't do anything well except run fast in a straight line.

He doesnt even run fast in a straight line anymore. But I do love when he tries to look like he is really hustling after the ball carrier when we all know he is loafing. Great actor. Its like he is flopping out on the field, but he is moving forward.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Allow me to translate for Jabril........
gFgMbDs.png

I love this post.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He was quite good in 2018 when he and LVE were both healthy and playing next to each other. He fell off in 2019, and was completely lost last year. However, some act as if he was never good, which is false. Can he get back there? I have no clue, but I think there were reasons the last couple of years for his decline in play.

He had ONE good year and that was it. LOL

Acting like this is some great linebacker is a joke. I think we were all shocked the year both him AND LVE made the pro bowl.

But what does it really matter what he was like 3 years ago? The guy is clearly toast now. Any linebacker will look better with better players in front of him. But the gig is up, he has been completely exposed. There is no coming back from this now. He is only getting older and the writing is on the wall.

Hardline

Reaction score
Really glad they went for defense and need in this draft instead of getting caught up in the "FANCY STAT" TE's and WR's that were tempting.

After all, fancy stats mean nothing if you aren't winning right? Where have I heard that before?

I think you are going to wind up liking the fancy stats that these two guys put up over the years. I know your not big on defense, but its every bit as important as offense if not more so.
I'm huge on defense .
Parsons was BPA at 12 .
My liking Pitts or Chase was if they dropped to 10 or a small trade up for Pitts. That would've been justified.
There is another bad *** true TE from Texas A&M in the 2022 draft you will be hearing me talk a lot about soon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm huge on defense .
Parsons was BPA at 12 .
My liking Pitts or Chase was if they dropped to 10 or a small trade up for Pitts. That would've been justified.

LOL...........your huge on defense yet you dont seem to mind giving up 40 points a game? When I talked about taking Parsons with our first pick you cried like a little girl about it.

You were all high on your horse about trading up for "fancy stat" Pitts.

Fact of the matter is all you are doing now is softening up the blow knowing full well that Parsons is going to make you look silly. Dont act like you ever wanted Parsons because you didnt.

You compared taking Parson to the Taco and Gregg Ellis picks.

stiletto

Reaction score
You compared taking Parson to the Taco and Gregg Ellis picks.

That made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.. I really hope that doesn't happen.... Parsons being on the level of those guys, that is.. Would be terrible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.. I really hope that doesn't happen.... Parsons being on the level of those guys, that is.. Would be terrible.

Anyone that studied a little could see that Parsons is a complete stud. NOTHING like either of those guys. He is EXACTLY what the Cowboys are their defense needed. Not a TE.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He had ONE good year and that was it. LOL

Acting like this is some great linebacker is a joke. I think we were all shocked the year both him AND LVE made the pro bowl.

But what does it really matter what he was like 3 years ago? The guy is clearly toast now. Any linebacker will look better with better players in front of him. But the gig is up, he has been completely exposed. There is no coming back from this now. He is only getting older and the writing is on the wall.

We'll see.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think because of his horrific injury, the best he could ever hope for was 75-80%. Then you add being used wrong, and you’ve got a mess. IMHO, Quinn will help him have a bounce back year. Not Pro Bowl, but at least a contributor to the rotation in 2021.