Jace Sternburner TE Texas A&M

timb2

Reaction score
I believe he is going to be the pick. Our TEs were bad last year and that is why we brought back Jason Witten. I believe Witten is here for 1 year to groom his replacement and Sternburner reminds me of Witten. We are picking at #58 almost the 3rd round. Don't risk that Sternburner is going to be there in the 3rd round. Just grab him at #58. Good size,great hands,good speed,willing blocker,team player.good character.The type of player that stays in the NFL for atleast a decade and starting.

Mr_437

Reaction score
First off, Witten ain't the grooming type, he's gonna be trying to get his position back or playing time solidified, not coaching up rooks.

Strenberger may be my favorite TE, but I don't think the position is direct enough to use 58 on it. Although, he's probably gone by 90. Again, I really like his explosion of the ball, RAC...seam monster.

After watching the last 5 games of the season I found myself liking Jarwin n Shultz. It got me to thinking a TE by committee would be alright for this team, especially, with all these WRs and Zeke getting touches. Plug in a mid-round TE and go from there.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
witten should be starting at the bottom of the TE group and work his way up. He retired last year and left us out to dry, wasn't it on draft day? We ended up with no plan. And no TE during the season. i believe we are a dynamic TE away from a top 5 offense. A play-making TE is a QB, especially young QB best friend.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sternberger is serious candidate for 58 IMO. Unless they love a DE that falls like Polite or Ferguson, then I think its a Safety or Sternberger. Dont be surprised if they go Sternberger at 58, thinking they can get a quality Safety at 90

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we didn’t bring Witten back I’d love him as a target. Witten isn’t coming off the field though so he’d ride pine.

I’m not looking at TE until the 4th at earliest.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I don't trust this team to draft a TE in second round.

And Sternbernberger isn't worthy of that pick. I like what he brings as a receiver, but TE's in this offense need to be able to block. Running is our identity.

pacboyX

Reaction score
I really don’t see us staying at 58. With Taco interest and 2 4th round picks they better not let all the safeties go.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Sternberger is serious candidate for 58 IMO. Unless they love a DE that falls like Polite or Ferguson, then I think its a Safety or Sternberger. Dont be surprised if they go Sternberger at 58, thinking they can get a quality Safety at 90
All quality safeties will be gone by 55. Book it.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
First off, Witten ain't the grooming type, he's gonna be trying to get his position back or playing time solidified, not coaching up rooks.

Strenberger may be my favorite TE, but I don't think the position is direct enough to use 58 on it. Although, he's probably gone by 90. Again, I really like his explosion of the ball, RAC...seam monster.

After watching the last 5 games of the season I found myself liking Jarwin n Shultz. It got me to thinking a TE by committee would be alright for this team, especially, with all these WRs and Zeke getting touches. Plug in a mid-round TE and go from there.

The Cowboys dont have a prime #82. Sternberger looks like he has more go up and get a ball skills so i like the pick. Hes better than #82 in the red zone now. And we got a committee of practice squad level guys. They should draft 2-3 tes cuz we got zeros. The 4td a year committee that got 1 td in the first 15 games

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Sternberger has great potential IDK why so much hate. He would instantly be the most explosive TE on the team if we drafted him with his ability to get YAC, and go up and get the ball.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
That’s what I think too but I didn’t see Aj Brown or Metcalf lasting. If they’re there at 58 you have to at least consider.