CFZ Jacksonville - A different perspective

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m bummed about the loss, but for all intents and purposes, the loss is probably of little relevance in the playoff picture. Maybe something good will come if it. It’s easy to gloss over deficiencies when we win, but much harder when we lose.

Having made that disclaimer here are my observations about the Jacksonville game and the Cowboys in general:

1. Dak sucks as a game manager. I don’t care that he led us to 30 plus points. His decision making at critical points in the game are his undoing. It’s not just the interceptions, it’s the low percentage passes on third down, poor situational awareness, and the hero mentality.

It’s going to be hard to win a SB if Dak can’t fix those things. I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get us over the hump in close games.

2. Kellen Moore is right there with Dak. Dak May be making Kellen Moore look worse or vice versa, but their decision making sucks.

3. DQ has done a pretty good job with the next man up but Joseph is the exception to the rule. What a wasted pick!!!!

4. DQ is going to have to regroup this defense. Way too porous to go anywhere. He must adapt on the fly or this team is one and done in the playoffs.

Reaction score
True, the win-loss record isn't as big a deal as how the team is losing. It's bad enough that Dak is unreliable and streaky but what is really killing this team is that he doesn't have a defense to take some pressure off. The defense has been overrated this year but they were still improved,,, at least until they lost 2 starting CBs. Now they're every bit as soft as they were last year. There are no indications that Quinn can fix this either.

CWR

Reaction score
Daks M.O used to be how cool he was under pressure. That's all out the window now, as soon as we fall behind he starts panicking and his mechanics go out the window along with his decision making.

It's literally a week after he drove 98 yards from behind, to win the game. This week he put the ball in Noah Browns chest. I'm fine being critical of the qb, but my perspective won't go there with you.

CWR

Reaction score
True, the win-loss record isn't as big a deal as how the team is losing. It's bad enough that Dak is unreliable and streaky but what is really killing this team is that he doesn't have a defense to take some pressure off. The defense has been overrated this year but they were still improved,,, at least until they lost 2 starting CBs. Now they're every bit as soft as they were last year. There are no indications that Quinn can fix this either.

Hes gonna have to start Cox at LB if LVE is out. Barr is a good for running downs, except we need Coxs speed sideline to sideline.

Hopefully he believes Bland can take KJs spot. Joseph is a problem.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yeah, no matter how you slice it, this loss is not on Dak. There have been so many contributing factors, with the total collapse of the defense being the biggest.

But that's even worse. The utter inconsistency this team shows no matter how many wins they racked up. I mean once again they were off to a strong start, even racking up the wins with our back up QB. And now once again, have we been figured out? With Moore and DQ not able to adapt?

THAT is why this loss is so devastating. The L itself won't do much harm, true. But how they ran into it, just wants you to smash your head into a wall. Or better, their heads. Damnit.

Some losses just leave you a little bit sad, others can be just brushed off. But this one made me furious.

But cudos to that young Jacksonville unit. They played it cool, didn't break under pressure and followed their ice cold QB to the win. They have something going there.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Nothing good will come of this loss. It only proves that, players aside, we simply don't have competent enough coaching.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
You would think that 34 points in regulation should be enough to beat Jacksonville even in their own park. Buy yesterday it was not enough for the Cowboy D; they failed badly.

Jack got the ball first in OT and the D did hold them to a 3 and out that time. Cowboy's ball then; time for the O to go and win the game....crunch time. But instead the O went and lost the game.

Summary is simple. Cowboy issues exists and it is now late in the season and time is getting short to work on so many issues.

Verdict

Reaction score
You could point to several issues with the team and you could ask, is that why we lost and the answer would be yes to each one of them. Dak was one of those issues yesterday.

Dak is being paid to be a top tier QB. There is usually one trait in top tier QBs that they share:

They are the “X Factor” that elevates their team to win, in close games and they are very seldom the reason their team loses”.

Dak’s play is a direct cause of many of our losses and we should have lost several others because of Dak’s play. The team has carried Dak this year.

This isn’t a thread to bash Dak, but we are never going to win a SB (absent catching lightning in a bottle) unless Dak eliminates being the weak link, and starts elevating the team when he needs to carry the team.

I hope Dak can turn it around. But I don’t think he will. Dak’s decision making skills in crunch time really suck.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m bummed about the loss, but for all intents and purposes, the loss is probably of little relevance in the playoff picture. Maybe something good will come if it. It’s easy to gloss over deficiencies when we win, but much harder when we lose.

Having made that disclaimer here are my observations about the Jacksonville game and the Cowboys in general:

1. Dak sucks as a game manager. I don’t care that he led us to 30 plus points. His decision making at critical points in the game are his undoing. It’s not just the interceptions, it’s the low percentage passes on third down, poor situational awareness, and the hero mentality.

It’s going to be hard to win a SB if Dak can’t fix those things. I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get us over the hump in close games.

2. Kellen Moore is right there with Dak. Dak May be making Kellen Moore look worse or vice versa, but their decision making sucks.

3. DQ has done a pretty good job with the next man up but Joseph is the exception to the rule. What a wasted pick!!!!

4. DQ is going to have to regroup this defense. Way too porous to go anywhere. He must adapt on the fly or this team is one and done in the playoffs.
so thats a different perspective? Na you can just put with the other 50 Dak sucks thread

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: "I dont care that Dak lead us to 34 points and 3 TD's early for a 21-7 lead because that doesnt fit my narrative":lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Some of you trolls really make a guy laugh after a loss.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol seriously.

“I don’t care that Dak led us to 30+ points” is basically saying I don’t care what Dak does and why we lose but I’m going to blame it on him.

I dont care that Dak did a great job, Im going to blame him anyway!!! WAAAAAAAAA :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Cant make this stuff up!! A true clown show!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The injuries are stacking up. I think there comes a point where there is not much more you can do with replacement level talent in the secondary. I actually think the main problem here is that teams have figured out they can throw all over Dallas without Jourdan Lewis and Anthony Brown in the lineup. The fact the DBs are getting beaten so quickly is negating the pass rush, which is this teams standout trait.

Having Hankins and LVE out also really did not help the run defense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Great observations.
Agree them all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You could point to several issues with the team and you could ask, is that why we lost and the answer would be yes to each one of them. Dak was one of those issues yesterday.

Dak is being paid to be a top tier QB. There is usually one trait in top tier QBs that they share:

They are the “X Factor” that elevates their team to win, in close games and they are very seldom the reason their team loses”.

Dak’s play is a direct cause of many of our losses and we should have lost several others because of Dak’s play. The team has carried Dak this year.

This isn’t a thread to bash Dak, but we are never going to win a SB (absent catching lightning in a bottle) unless Dak eliminates being the weak link, and starts elevating the team when he needs to carry the team.

I hope Dak can turn it around. But I don’t think he will. Dak’s decision making skills in crunch time really suck.

Does the Texans game qualify as crunch time when he drove them 98 yards for the game winning TD?

Poor guy. You WISH Dak wasnt a top 10 QB. But sadly for you he is.

You WISH the Cowboys werent 10-4 but sadly we are!

You WISH the Cowboys werent making the playoffs two years in a row, but sadly we are

You WISH that Dak isnt leading the #1 scoring offense in football since his return, but sadly HE IS!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You can't fix injuries.
There are no quality street free agent corners.
We are screwed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

FYI............Romo sucked as a game manager. Dak has been a great manager in his career.

But dont let the facts get in the way. :muttley:

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol seriously.

“I don’t care that Dak led us to 30+ points” is basically saying I don’t care what Dak does and why we lose but I’m going to blame it on him.
said poster is a consistant dak critic so its not a different perspective

fivetwos

Reaction score

I do my best to stay out of the endless Dak debates, but he has certainly disappointed me lately with some of his decision making and general lack of awareness.

That actually hit me just yesterday. He plays like an unintelligent person, which he is not. It’s sloppy. His accuracy is somehow getting worse.