Jaguars to hire Leftwich

Motorola

Reaction score
Suddenly have a 2nd favorite team for the first time in 50+ years.

Go Herd! Go Jags!
I remember that college game when Leftwich broke fractured his shin. It happen in the 1st qtr.fre
After returning from the hospital, he re-entered the game in the 4th qtr.
His after every long play completed, his teammates carried him to the LOS.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That seems like a nice fit to work with a young QB with huge expectations. Of course, I thought Urban was a great hire too, so w+f do I know.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved him in College. Hope he does well as a coach.
I don't know how good of a coach he was with the Bucs as you have Tom Brady, Gronk, Evans and AB (before he left) probably playing the same offense that Tom Brady wanted. So I don't know how much that was on BL.

Carson

Reaction score
What makes them improved lol? Jags stink and It sucks this is the job Leftwich has to settle for as his first gig…
He’s royalty here. He’s like MJD, Fred, Jimmy and McCardell

The Natural

Reaction score
What makes them improved lol? Jags stink and It sucks this is the job Leftwich has to settle for as his first gig…
that is one team I believe will be much improved on the schedule for next year, better?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Good for him. Hope the jags give him nore than one season to turn it around
Of course they will. They were going to give Urban more than one year but his personality and off the field behavior was too much for the organization to handle.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Horrible. Highly overrated. Brady calls the plays. Will be fired in 2 years.
I think he is too conservative as play caller. He was like that in Arizona and that if it weren’t for Bruce calling him out, Winston wouldn’t have that 5,000 yard season and the 30 interceptions.

But he will be a hc, Jax loves him and he may be the best thing for Trevor because Leftwich will protect him the best way he can.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Seems like a natural hire for them as he is from them and he is a sharp minded guy instead of a clown like the previous coach.

Cmac

Reaction score
......probably will only be granted a year or 2 to fix the mess, before and during Urban Meyer fiasco. No surprise.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expected the job to be handed to Leftwich. He has a history with the organization and he is offensive minded former QB who now will be tied to the hip of Lawrence. How that plays out will determine his fate

_sturt_

Reaction score
It is a little scary, zooming out. I don't know if he'll be a great head coach or a piss poor one in the end. One of those things where he's going to a town where they already adore him, and not because he actually achieved anything significant there, but Byron's just one of those people who you can't help but love. Still, if he's unsuccessful, you hate to see that admiration dim.

I'll say this much for certain. He has the right temperance to be a head coach. You want a lot of things in a head coach. Some things you can't really judge until the guy gets his first gig. Other things... like "is this someone his players will run through the proverbial wall to win for?"... you can. He's always had that command of respect, going back to when he was at Marshall...