Jalen Hurts out Sunday

Qcard

Reaction score
He's not even in the Cowboys conference. Maybe it's time this conversation got moved to the NFL Zone if you want to talk about an AFC player.
Oh now the Dak Haters don't want to talk about the Gold Standard....Wentz. :muttley:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Actually Jalen Hurts put two ( 2 ) TD passes last minute of the game in the hands of Reagor a number # 1 pick after CEE DEE came off the board broke Egirls hearts….put 2 good throws any NFL receiver should have caught both were drops. If people think this Hurts guy is not it haven’t seen the poor play of the receivers like Reagor.

It’s a relevant thread as the Cowboys have locked up nothing and I appreciate the info . Frankly a Jets win over Philly and a Wash loss in Vegas today sets the Cowboys up with a 3 game lead with 5 to play. An NFC East title sets up one home playoff game correct? That’s crucial .

I see a scenario where the Egirls are long gone by the time the final season game in Philly happens and the Cooper Rush Corey ( ex Eagle ) Clement Luke Gifford Kelvin Joseph all get to start , rest the troops for PLAYOFF football !

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
umm that jinx take it back..:rolleyes::eek::facepalm:
Nah it's not that.

Our games are mostly division games, so either we take care of that business or it doesn't matter at all.

We've gotta win those games to get wins, so rooting for them to lose otherwise is irrelevant.

I'm way wore worried about us not getting the four, and GB not getting the one.

All winning teams catch breaks as well as being good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah it's not that.

Our games are mostly division games, so either we take care of that business or it doesn't matter at all.

We've gotta win those games to get wins, so rooting for them to lose otherwise is irrelevant.

I'm way wore worried about us not getting the four, and GB not getting the one.

All winning teams catch breaks as well as being good.
take it back LOL :eek:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why don't you start your own forum?

News about what affects the East affects the Cowboys.
Do you think you started this forum, child? Becoming a mod has really gone to your head. :p

Only the WFT has a chance to affect the Cowboy's chances to lock up this division so you are sadly mistaken about the other half of the NFCE, unless it's head to head. ;)

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually Jalen Hurts put two ( 2 ) TD passes last minute of the game in the hands of Reagor a number # 1 pick after CEE DEE came off the board broke Egirls hearts….put 2 good throws any NFL receiver should have caught both were drops. If people think this Hurts guy is not it haven’t seen the poor play of the receivers like Reagor.

It’s a relevant thread as the Cowboys have locked up nothing and I appreciate the info . Frankly a Jets win over Philly and a Wash loss in Vegas today sets the Cowboys up with a 3 game lead with 5 to play. An NFC East title sets up one home playoff game correct? That’s crucial .

I see a scenario where the Egirls are long gone by the time the final season game in Philly happens and the Cooper Rush Corey ( ex Eagle ) Clement Luke Gifford Kelvin Joseph all get to start , rest the troops for PLAYOFF football !
Hurts has been bad a lot this season. Not sure what you were saying in first paragraph as I think you left some words out, but Hurts isn't very good. He'll makes some big plays, but overall he stalls the O way too much. Minshew might be better.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Hurts has been bad a lot this season. Not sure what you were saying in first paragraph as I think you left some words out, but Hurts isn't very good. He'll makes some big plays, but overall he stalls the O way too much. Minshew might be better.

No didn’t leave any “ words “ out. Last game against Giants 2 passes last min of game at the goal like Reagor dropped them . Would have won the game then the Eagles Wash would be tied.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear I was saying Philly wanted Cee Dee in the draft , settled for Reagor and he’s terrible.

Flamma

Reaction score
Eagles are better w/ Minshew.

He's always been the better quarterback on that team from the day they traded for him. I am by no means praising Minshew, it's just that Jalen Hurts sucks. I'm going by what I've seen from Minshew on that crap Jags team. How's Trevor looking?

Who crowned Jalen? And it's not like the other QB is an old washed up vet, he too is still on his rookie contract. The Eagles seem to want to force Hurts to start because they drafted him. Even most of the Eagles fans still support Jalen as if he has proven something to them.

RonWashington

Reaction score
He's always been the better quarterback on that team from the day they traded for him. I am by no means praising Minshew, it's just that Jalen Hurts sucks. I'm going by what I've seen from Minshew on that crap Jags team. How's Trevor looking?

Who crowned Jalen? And it's not like the other QB is an old washed up vet, he too is still on his rookie contract. The Eagles seem to want to force Hurts to start because they drafted him. Even most of the Eagles fans still support Jalen as if he has proven something to them.

Siriani was in Indy when Philly bought in on Hurts. Doesn’t the Coach decide who starts Week to Week ? Or is Philly like Jones family owned operated counting the jocks and socks

RonWashington

Reaction score
Minshew is a little better then Mike White . Not the answer to the math quiz either.

Flamma

Reaction score
Siriani was in Indy when Philly bought in on Hurts. Doesn’t the Coach decide who starts Week to Week ? Or is Philly like Jones family owned operated counting the jocks and socks

I think he's playing it safe so as to not lose his job. I'll give you an example. It's 4th and 2 from your own 40 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. A coach that is insecure about his job will punt in that situation even if he knows his d can't stop them. Safer to lose that way.

Flamma

Reaction score
Minshew is a little better then Mike White . Not the answer to the math quiz either.

Probably not the answer. But he doesn't look terrible. I give him a better shot at becoming a qb similar to a Ryan Tannehill type than I do Hurts.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Probably not the answer. But he doesn't look terrible. I give him a better shot at becoming a qb similar to a Ryan Tannehill type than I do Hurts.

You could be right. The thing with Minshew is Philadelphia or any team going to give him the keys to the car over a complete season and see what happens. Bits and pieces don’t give you a complete picture.

In Jax I’m convinced Trevor Lawrence given the right pieces like a solid O line some targets and decent RB will star in the NFL . Not sure about the Jets pick , he’s been a little better since he came back from injury .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think he's playing it safe so as to not lose his job. I'll give you an example. It's 4th and 2 from your own 40 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. A coach that is insecure about his job will punt in that situation even if he knows his d can't stop them. Safer to lose that way.

Interesting you say that . Dan Campbell up with i believe with a 2 point lead midway through the 4th quarter against Vikings 4th & 1 on Lions side of the field like 40 yard line went for 1st down on a play action pass it failed and he was roasted for not punting. I don’t know Campbell showed some guts. Of course the Vikings did score a TD after taking over on downs but …With 11 picks next season in Philly watch out , even if Hurts is QB

Flamma

Reaction score
You could be right. The thing with Minshew is Philadelphia or any team going to give him the keys to the car over a complete season and see what happens. Bits and pieces don’t give you a complete picture.

In Jax I’m convinced Trevor Lawrence given the right pieces like a solid O line some targets and decent RB will star in the NFL . Not sure about the Jets pick , he’s been a little better since he came back from injury .

But why with Lawrence and not Minshew? Giving him the benefit of the doubt based on where he was drafted? Don't get me wrong, I get it. Tony Romo was undrafted. I'm not sure Trevor ever sniffs Romo's talent. Even Dak is out playing a lot of first round picks, and I was never in the camp to pay him. But I'll admit that now.

Sometimes we get too caught up in where the player was drafted. Right now Justin Fields and Trey Lance are not NFL quarterbacks, yet they were drafted pretty high. Especially Lance. These QBs suck. They may pan out in the future, but as of right now, I'm not impressed.

kskboys

Reaction score
But why with Lawrence and not Minshew? Giving him the benefit of the doubt based on where he was drafted? Don't get me wrong, I get it. Tony Romo was undrafted. I'm not sure Trevor ever sniffs Romo's talent. Even Dak is out playing a lot of first round picks, and I was never in the camp to pay him. But I'll admit that now.

Sometimes we get too caught up in where the player was drafted. Right now Justin Fields and Trey Lance are not NFL quarterbacks, yet they were drafted pretty high. Especially Lance. These QBs suck. They may pan out in the future, but as of right now, I'm not impressed.
Physical talent. Minshew = Colt McCoy = Case Keenum. Just too many limitations in his overall game to be more than a backup.