Jalen Ramsey’s Agent Has Requested a Trade

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My question is why is Jones the one who is likely not going to be paid. Is it because the cap will be too tight? Or if it because Jones isnt worth a top CB contract?

If the answer is #2, then I could see them having interest in Ramsey

But then, I don't think we can afford Ramsay if we have to extend him. If I had to pick between him and Minkah and I could only trade for one, it'd have to be Minkah for me. Largely because we'd have more time to build up the cap he would need to be resigned by us. Ramsay would merely be a rental for 2 years max.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want Ramsey on this team, not even in a flat trade for Taco, which I know is ridiculous. Yes, he’s a great talent, but unlike Deon, who was also a diva, Ramsey is not a team player. You cannot have a freakin’ CB who thinks he’s bigger than the team, questioning the coaches in a game, and poisoning other players to be like him. Again, not questioning his talent, but I don’t think he’s a guy you can win with unless you cater everything to make him happy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But then, I don't think we can afford Ramsay if we have to extend him. If I had to pick between him and Minkah and I could only trade for one, it'd have to be Minkah for me. Largely because we'd have more time to build up the cap he would need to be resigned by us. Ramsay would merely be a rental for 2 years max.
I think if Jalen was just a rental, I dont think the interest would be the at all. I dont know if the cap situation means we cant lock Jones up, or if they just dont value him enough as a player to give him what he commands.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Ramsey is a locker room cancer.

A malcontent, whiny baby who runs his mouth and then cries if he is unable to back it up.

Honestly, no thank you. I would rather re-sign Byron than trade for Ramsey.

Ramsey is better than Byron. But Byron has a much much much better personality.

Where does this come from that he is a locker room cancer. Anytime I hear him talk about his teammates he talks about them in a positive tone like they are all good. He doesn't get along with his coach, but that doesn't make him a negative teammate. A guy that doesn't get along with his coach sometimes just needs a new scene or new coach. Coach Richard would get him in line

davidariust24

Reaction score
Agreed, especially since they will likely play the Pats and need a top CB to compete. Ramsay would give them a great chance at competing with NE. Lest we forget that Ramsay helped the Jaguars defence BEAT Brady.

This guy would help any team. I love the fire he has that's what makes him a great CB. Minkah Fitzpatrick was traded the Steelers. I'd spend a 2020 first round pick for Jalen Ramsey. He is ELITE. If you add this guy to our defense we would be the best team in the NFC. Jerry got a guy by the name of Deion Sanders in the 90s to win his third trophy. Ramsey doesn't guarantee winning the SB but in my mind that is a SB appearance. I have confidence in coach Richard. I really feel he would get this guys head on straight . He is the type of CB we need a guy who fights for possession of the ball and not just knocking it down. He could pair with Jones and we could move Awuzie to safety if needed. He has a 5th year option so he would play through 2020. I feel like we'd win this season with him as long as Everyone stays healthy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No thanks. Loss of premium draft pick and almost certainly a massive contract on arrival. Great player for sure, but Dallas doesn't need to be in the business of giving away both picks and money to inherit someone else's problem. Either send a pick for a player with enough time on his rookie deal like the Steelers did, or wait until Free Agency to open the vault.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Not sure if he’s a locker room cancer as has been described, I’ve never heard of him getting on his teammates backs... He’s probably very frustrated playing for the Jags, they’re a bottom of the market team and have to play a home game in London to get a sellout.
He’d definitely improve our team but long term I’d doubt we could afford him... a short term rental on him though might be worth it, it worked for the 49ers when they had Deion for a season.