Jalen Ramsey - I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Joneses leave

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No, it's because the coaches wanted him and he thought he was coming here, but Jerry and company wanted Zeke according to him.

Then I think Ramsey is wrong. From what I recall the Cowboys had two targets at #4 in 2016- Zeke and Joey Bosa. Once Bosa was off the board the decision to go with Elliott was basically made.

They had a trade offer from Baltimore to jump down to #6, and at that point Dallas would have taken Leonard Floyd. I know they liked Ramsey, but maybe not as much as he thought they did.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
A lot of Cowboy fans felt we should have taken Ramsey instead of Zeke. I'll bet a few of them change their minds after reading this. Nobody likes a drama queen.

I kinda like my wife. She can be a drama queen. Still I expect men to be slightly less *****y. Ramsey be *****in and gonna love when he tackles Gronk or tries to.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder .. we do not allow political, protest, anthem, etc. posts on this site and that includes innuendos and indirect references attempting to circumvent this policy.

Warnings have been posted for over a year now so going forward, accounts will just be benched when this happens.

To be clear, it does not matter whether you are pro-protests or anti-protests!

It also does not matter whether you posted the first comment or replied to someone else's comment!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It feels like a of FAs like to use the possibility of going to dallas Dallas to try to leverage other teams into paying higher prices. Nobody should be fooled though, Jerry doesn't sign BIG free agents.

Somebody pointed out that the last "big" free agent signings by Dallas were Terrell Owens, Brandon Carr, and Greg Hardy.

Maybe...Owens was OK, but the other two didn't really do much to improve Dallas.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We weren't the only ones that passed on him, three others did. Stop crying.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never say never....money talks louder than any hurt feelings...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hey Jalen...no one cares. We live in Reality,unlike you do. This isn't one life to live..ITS FOOTBALL. Know your place and shut your trap. Go Cowboys!! :lmao2:
BronzeThoroughCrow-max-1mb.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
Then I think Ramsey is wrong. From what I recall the Cowboys had two targets at #4 in 2016- Zeke and Joey Bosa. Once Bosa was off the board the decision to go with Elliott was basically made.

They had a trade offer from Baltimore to jump down to #6, and at that point Dallas would have taken Leonard Floyd. I know they liked Ramsey, but maybe not as much as he thought they did.

And between all three of those players we couldn't have gone wrong with any!

links18

Reaction score
Why does this even come up in an interview. He is a Jacksonville Jaguar. This seems a tad unprofessional. So they skipped you in the draft, big deal. Suck it up and take it out on them on the field, if you are so great.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why does this even come up in an interview. He is a Jacksonville Jaguar. This seems a tad unprofessional. So they skipped you in the draft, big deal. Suck it up and take it out on them on the field, if you are so great.
he's butt hurt. Another sign he has issues as a man.

CWR

Reaction score
It absolutely does. I've heard similar comments through Todd Gurley's brother. A lot of these younger nfl players want nothing to do with Jerruh.

Meh, that wont last and doesn't apply to all anyways. Jerry is well known for how he takes care of his own.

waldoputty

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lay-for-the-cowboys-unless-the-joneses-leave/

Jalen Ramsey offered his opinion on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during an ESPN The Magazine interview, but Gronk wasn’t the only target of the Jaguars cornerback.

Ramsey also expressed his dissatisfaction with the Cowboys passing on him during the 2016 draft.

Dallas had the fourth overall choice and most mock drafts had the Cowboys taking either Ramsey or Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys chose Elliott, leaving Jacksonville to draft Ramsey.

Ramsey expected the Cowboys to take him and believes the team’s coaches wanted him, but owner Jerry Jones overruled them.

“I will never play for them,” Ramsey told the magazine, “unless the Joneses leave.”

First, the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. They own the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes magazine, and Jerry Jones already has earned enshrinement in Canton. So that means Ramsey apparently won’t ever entertain playing in Dallas, not that he would ever get that opportunity anyway with the Jaguars holding his rights for the foreseeable future.

Second, it’s hard to argue with the Cowboys’ selection of Elliott. He has as many All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods — one each — as Ramsey has. Elliott led the league in rushing as a rookie in 2016 with a six-game suspension in 2017 keeping him from a chance at a repeat.

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Recently, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.

:lmao:
go break a leg,... twice