Twitter: Jamaal Adams being rumored to the Cowboys yet again

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again, they can sign who they want, teams win with no cap space. cowboys being there is irrelevant, the point is teams win with little cap space.
Sure teams win with little cap space, and if the Cowboys win, they will win with little cap space. You keep pretending cap space is so different with the Cowboys, but because it doesn't suit your narrative you are willing to ignore that the Cowboys have very little cap space themselves.

But there are limits, and you are plan sticking your head in the sand if you think teams have an unlimited ability to sign who they want, when they want, without regard for length of contract, yearly cap space or overall and ongoing cap hit. That's nonsensical, but you pretend that's the case, again, to fit your narrative.

So, it does matter how the cap space is used. Again, that's why every team has players on all types of contracts. No team can fill it's roster with elite players getting paid at the top of their position for 4-5 years. That simply isn't possible under the structure of the NFL.

Dre11

Reaction score
Under Parcells you can blame Tony alone. Stop it you’re embarrassing yourself. And I don’t usually get rude but now you’re talking ridiculous

so you blaming Dez or Ref in 2014

Dre11

Reaction score
Sure teams win with little cap space, and if the Cowboys win, they will win with little cap space. You keep pretending cap space is so different with the Cowboys, but because it doesn't suit your narrative you are willing to ignore that the Cowboys have very little cap space themselves.

But there are limits, and you are plan sticking your head in the sand if you think teams have an unlimited ability to sign who they want, when they want, without regard for length of contract, yearly cap space or overall and ongoing cap hit. That's nonsensical, but you pretend that's the case, again, to fit your narrative.

So, it does matter how the cap space is used. Again, that's why every team has players on all types of contracts. No team can fill it's roster with elite players getting paid at the top of their position for 4-5 years. That simply isn't possible under the structure of the NFL.

no you're pretending the cap is different from the cowboys, you claim they need to save cap to win, that's ridiculous, Cap means nothing when you keep losing. the cap isn't the end all be all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no you're pretending the cap is different from the cowboys, you claim they need to save cap to win, that's ridiculous, Cap means nothing when you keep losing
No, I did not say they need to save cap space to win. I said they cannot tie up all their cap space under long term contracts and maintain a chance to win year in and year out. As with the salary cap, you are oversimplifying and missing the details.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I did not say they need to save cap space to win. I said they cannot tie up all their cap space under long term contracts and maintain a chance to win year in and year out. As with the salary cap, you are oversimplifying and missing

lol...you agree they don't need to save cap to win, then turnaround and say they can't win year I and year outo_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your quoting leaves something to be desired, but I'll work around that.

Again, you sent with a simplistic, and inaccurate interpretation of what I've said. I've said HOW a team uses up that cap space matters, and that a team cannot load up on high dollar long term contracts paid at top of the market prices and expect to maintain a competitive team in the long term.

But, because it suits your purposes, you have ignored the distinction of the high dollar, long term contracts paid at top of the market prices despite the fact I have specifically made that distinction. But I expect you are being intentionally obtuse because playing dumb fits your narrative better.

Is it really that hard for you to get that a 4 year, $15-20 million/year contract restricts what a team can do in the future more than shorter term contracts? Is it really that hard to understand that the more long term, high dollar contracts a team has, the less future flexibility it has to change what needs to be changed? Obviously some of those kinds of contracts have to be paid to get enough high quality players, but there is not an unlimited opportunity to do that in the salary cap era.

If you can't grasp that I might as well talk to a brick wall.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So before Haley got those 5 rings we could have argued he wasn't worth acquiring?

people here are talking projection.
No not the ones I’m responding to. They actually said he’s as good as Haley. There’s no speculation involved. In their statement

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Please understand, I'm not saying he's better than Haley. He'd be a major contributor on the defense and would make an impact similar to what Haley provided. AGAIN, not better than Haley!
I was responding to someone else actually word he said he’s as good as Haley. And that’s laughable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that's your opinion, so you think the players played to their potential. when they're the ones on the field playing fumbling, getting beat, throwing Ints, dropping passes. missing tackles? where's your integrity
Of course they didn’t play to their potential. But that’s on coaching a system not necessarily the players because it was all of them And everything you just stated is On coaching. fumble the ball you weren’t prepared.Drop passes, you’re not prepared. Make no mistake about that. Not every single time but if it becomes an issue You can bet your life it’s on position coaching head-coaching. Do you want to continue to blame the place that your ignorance

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak will be starting week 1. We didn't commit to Mike McCarthy and all the changes on the staff, new playbook on both sides of the ball, ONLY to start Andy Dalton. That's not the plan. People are inventing fake news. YES...the Dak thing has been a very public/harsh/intense negotiation, but in the end, SOMETHING will get done. BOOK IT.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak will be starting week 1. We didn't commit to Mike McCarthy and all the changes on the staff, new playbook on both sides of the ball, ONLY to start Andy Dalton. That's not the plan. People are inventing fake news. YES...the Dak thing has been a very public/harsh/intense negotiation, but in the end, SOMETHING will get done. BOOK IT.
Totally agree. Whatever it ends up being he’ll be there