Twitter: Jamaal Adams being rumored to the Cowboys yet again

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan, no hate towards him BUT for me... I'd rather have a big play safety QB leading the Defense rather than pay Dak the kind of money he is looking for...just my opinion.

But if this was prime Aikman/Romo, you'd say pay them.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Reshad Jones is still available is free agency..

Just as good a player, looking for a job, and don’t have to give up a draft pick, and would break the bank.

btw.. I like Adams, but his highlight reel includes TWO interceptions. Really.. most people opened the door for Byron to leave due to his lack of Ints, Yet want to trade a 1st rd for Adams?! C’mon.

Last edited:

marius

Reaction score
to make this happend, they need to say Dak goodbye, hasta la vista baby

star-ving

Reaction score
He wants $15M+ per season.

Good player, but is that really a position to devote such a high portion of the cap to?
He would be an instant upgrade in talent and also quarterbacking the secondary.
And remember when we gave Brandon Carr 10 million a year? I’d be Ok with 15 per for Adams.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It’s not Chris Simms. It’s Gary Myers. He has connections with both organizations

Unless he did a direct quote of anyone that can make this happen, it's just guessing and speculation. True sports stories quote someone involved with the story. When you see a source said this or that all it is, is speculation and they say a source so gullible people to believe it .

dwreck27

Reaction score
Jets would have to take a 4th round pick if were gonna pay this dude top safety money lol

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Said the poster with Michael Irvin in his profile pic...too dumb to see the conflict within.

Leave me alone Bro :lmao2:
Michael Irvin is a football player....... Lebron is a sissy basketball player that wouldn't be able to play a game or two in the NFL.

You replied to my comment, if you couldn't handle the heat perhaps you shouldn't jump in the fire

Verdict

Reaction score
Another dude looking to get paid, and it would cost a premium pick for the privilege of paying him.
I would rather have Clownwy or Griffin than Adams and save some cash.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
A 1st + $15M a season is doable for me. Sounds like it was for the Cowboys as well. The problem is the Jets didn't want a 1st, they wanted a 1st + 2nd + 2nd or they wanted Zack Martin. The first one is a no from me, the second is a hell no.

The Jets' asking price will go down as this situation drags out, but so will the value from the last cheap years of Adams' contract so IMO we don't really win by waiting. If the Jets are willing to take a 2021 1st for Adams, I'd do that deal right now, get him learning the defense ASAP.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A 1st + $15M a season is doable for me. Sounds like it was for the Cowboys as well. The problem is the Jets didn't want a 1st, they wanted a 1st + 2nd + 2nd or they wanted Zack Martin. The first one is a no from me, the second is a hell no.

The Jets' asking price will go down as this situation drags out, but so will the value from the last cheap years of Adams' contract so IMO we don't really win by waiting. If the Jets are willing to take a 2021 1st for Adams, I'd do that deal right now, get him learning the defense ASAP.

The asking price will also good down from last year because any potential suitor lost a year of control with Adams.

I strongly consider for a 1st rounder straight up because I think our pick will be in the late 20s. But any variation of multiple picks I’m not into.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
2-F4-D0-F7-A-7-C16-4-F3-F-B0-C5-A9-EB56599-D18.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He wants $15M+ per season.

Good player, but is that really a position to devote such a high portion of the cap to?
that isnt the problem , it is what the jets want to trade him, 2 1st round picks.
Jets will keep him and tag him unless they get the trade value they want.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This is like Earl Thomas all over again lol. If we didn't have to pay him right away maybe, but how can you assemble a competitive team when paying 6 players basically at the top of their position and not have holes elsewhere?

bdk76

Reaction score

Bad *** MOFO right there boys! You people comparing him and his 3 INT's to Byron Jones are absolutely clueless about the player he is. I don't give a crap about all this he doesn't play a "premium position" nonsense either, on defense give me the alpha males like Adams, sit back and watch the dude make plays...273 tackles, 28 TFL's, 12 sacks, 23 QB hits, 6 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recovered. He instantly make this D better