Jamaal Adams will not report to mandatory mini camp

garyo1954

Reaction score
They brought it on themselves. Trying to appease the guy they lined him up at S, CB, LB, let him rush the passer.
He's no longer calling himself a Safety. He's a "playmaker" and he wants to be paid as a playmaker.
He'd top out around $15M as a Safety but he wants to be in the $20M range because he's a "playmaker."

garyo1954

Reaction score
Here you go....

Adams doesn't view himself as just a safety. He has used the words "playmaker" or "defensive weapon" instead to describe himself. He certainly has a point based on where he lined up on the field defensively for the Seahawks. Out of Adams' 784 defensive snaps, 94 were on the defensive line, 351 were in the box, 173 were as a slot cornerback, 17 were as a wide corner and 149 were at free safety, according to Pro Football Focus. By more traditional position groupings, the breakdown was 94 on the defensive line coming off the edge, 237 at linebacker, 263 at safety and 190 at cornerback.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...sion-why-seahawks-and-all-pro-are-at-impasse/

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Seahawks excused Adams for this mandatory camp. Haven’t heard why other than personal reasons. Could be Seahawks trying to save face because Adams wants $20M per year and the Seahawks don’t want to air their dirty laundry.

Could be something else like his wife is having a baby or something. Don’t know.

Regardless of what is going on now with mandatory camp, Adams wants paid. And the Dak fans say ‘pay da man 20, 30, 40. Whatever. He is worth it.’

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol.. ..didnt they just sign this guy? Looks like him and Rodgers are hosting the Denny's Grand Slam breakfast intermezzo.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The guy is talented, but wow, is he a diva?! Reminds me of Zeke during his “contract dispute”.

I do not want that on my team. We have enough entitled, overpaid guys as is.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This sounds like Earl Thomas 2.0 situation. Get ready for months of trade for Adams trades, Adams spotted in Vegas, Adams would like to play for the Cowboys, etc. threads.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy is talented, but wow, is he a diva?! Reminds me of Zeke during his “contract dispute”.

I do not want that on my team. We have enough entitled, overpaid guys as is.

7eb66655-120d-4cf7-8320-f9bd66497ff9_text.gif

Motorola

Reaction score
Disgruntled player? Next stop, Arlington Texas.
CCan Adams agree to a "hometown discount" to sign with the Cowboys - since he was born and raised in Denton County and played HS football in the Metroplex?

Reaction score
This is the Amari Cooper situation on steroids.

The Cowboys had no choice but to sign Cooper because of the draft capital they gave up to get him. Cooper had all the leverage.

Now it's Adams with all the leverage. And he wants absolute top dollar. Cooper turned down more money from the Commanders to stay. That won't happen with Adams.

Seahawks are over a barrel on this one

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Disgruntled player? Next stop, Arlington Texas.

I seriously doubt Jerry or Stephen would pay him what he wants. Glad they did not put much effort into trying to land Adams, I know an offer was evidently made but not enough for the Jets to send him here. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that did not happen

Flamma

Reaction score
If Seattle intended on keeping him they should have worked out the deal last year. If they decide to do it now, all they have left to work with is the 5th year option before his extension kicks in. His cap hits will be a bit higher.

At what point does a player suffer mandatory fines for not showing up or holding out? That was in the new CBA, right?