Twitter: Jamal Adams: "I'd love to be a Cowboy, Michael Irvin is like my uncle"

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Didn’t ET want to also come here? He’s not coming. I think every player wants to secretly be a Cowboy. But they’re going to want to get paid.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is staggering that nobody in this thread remembers that one short year ago all the way to the draft, everybody was sure we were going to trade for Earl Thomas. And now people actually think this trade will get done?
"Will get done?"

The trade deadline was yesterday...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He didn’t want to be traded. He’d prefer being a Cowboy via free agency when he can pocket Jerry’s money

cern

Reaction score
I think what he meant is he'd like to play for the cowboys for the right amount of money.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Targeting Adams shows how much faith they have in Woods as FS because Adams is a definite in the box, blitzing SS. He is a liability in coverage, so you must turn him loose at the line to get your money’s worth.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is staggering that nobody in this thread remembers that one short year ago all the way to the draft, everybody was sure we were going to trade for Earl Thomas. And now people actually think this trade will get done?

I think people just like to have some hope that the team will fix a big problem it's had for a while now. Unless Wilson gets a chance and shows he's up for the job, we either need to trade for a safety or draft one high ... and neither will probably be what we get.

Verdict

Reaction score
I didn’t mean reach for a player

I mean my to trade for Adams now or use that pick to upgrade the position if you feel like a good player will be there when you pick.

I don’t want anymore 4th or 5th round bandaids...I want to spend a premium.

Yeah, I get what you are saying but you shouldn’t burn a premium pick on a Taco (at whatever position). The player has to be there that warrants the pick

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Targeting Adams shows how much faith they have in Woods as FS because Adams is a definite in the box, blitzing SS. He is a liability in coverage, so you must turn him loose at the line to get your money’s worth.
Targeting multiple safeties lol I think Adams would have been cornerstone of safety position for years to come tho. 24 years old. Et is way older

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

So they lied to him about not trading him...he told them he wanted to go to the Cowboys...he's mad they took calls on him...what's the story going to be tomorrow?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
one question how many draft choices is a superbowl trophy worth this player puts this defense over the top this year it makes them a elite defense
Could you absolutely guarantee a Super Bowl trophy this year if we got him, or that the loss of so many draft picks wouldn't set the Cowboys back several years? It's not as simple a decision as you make it out to be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, at that price, your giving up the future. Cowboys could have gotten a great young safety last year with the 2nd pick and they blew it.
Most everyone agreed we needed interior D-Line help as well as safety help, and now they are acting as if the D-Line help should have never been considered when we could have drafted a safety. The Cowboys may have made the wrong choice, but they did try and address a position of need.