Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

kskboys

Reaction score
yes...and so I just did a comp on what SF gave up to trade for Jimmy G from NE...correct me If Im wrong, didnt they trade 2 firsts? No matter, they gave up less for a very good starting QB.
I can't recall even one trade in NFL history where giving up multiple firsts for a player worked out. Maybe the Dorsett trade way back when? What did we give up for him?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree. I was willing to go a 1st to get him to Dallas. I think he is a very good player but not a player who is worth a 5 for 1 trade.

I don't think that was ever in any way realistic, just fantasy, to believe you can get a young, All-Pro player for a first. Seattle paid too much, but I could have lived with Dallas trading a first and a player, such as Connor Williams. The Jets purported desire for either Tyron Smith or Lael Collins and a pick was entirely too much. I wouldn't even give up either of those linemen straight up for Adams.

With Williams, the Jets would have gotten a young starter and still have an extra first to use. (I would have even thrown in a safety, giving them Xavier Woods since he's in the last year of his contract.) We would have been protected because we have a little surplus on the inside with McGovern, Biadasz and Knight, although it's possible we won't find two in that group worthy of starting at guard and center.

However, clearly that didn't match what Seattle was willing to do ... and I'm OK with that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think that was ever in any way realistic, just fantasy, to believe you can get a young, All-Pro player for a first. Seattle paid too much, but I could have lived with Dallas trading a first and a player, such as Connor Williams. The Jets purported desire for either Tyron Smith or Lael Collins and a pick was entirely too much. I wouldn't even give up either of those linemen straight up for Adams.

With Williams, the Jets would have gotten a young starter and still have an extra first to use. (I would have even thrown in a safety, giving them Xavier Woods since he's in the last year of his contract.) We would have been protected because we have a little surplus on the inside with McGovern, Biadasz and Knight, although it's possible we won't find two in that group worthy of starting at guard and center.

However, clearly that didn't match what Seattle was willing to do ... and I'm OK with that.

I think a 1st is realistic and a player, more than that a mistake. I really not concerned with what Seattle did after all that is their problem. Only reason why I commented on it was it appears a few seem to feel Dallas should have done this move and I think that would have been a very big mistake.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think a 1st is realistic and a player, more than that a mistake. I really not concerned with what Seattle did after all that is their problem. Only reason why I commented on it was it appears a few seem to feel Dallas should have done this move and I think that would have been a very big mistake.

I'm still hurting over trading two No. 1 picks for Joey Galloway.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't recall even one trade in NFL history where giving up multiple firsts for a player worked out. Maybe the Dorsett trade way back when? What did we give up for him?
Per Wikipedia …

Entering the 1977 NFL Draft, Dorsett wasn't seen as a sure thing, with many scouts considering that his small size would be a liability in the long term and affect his durability.[10] He had also informed the expansion Seattle Seahawks that he didn't want to play for them.[11]

The Dallas Cowboys selected him with the second overall choice, after trading their first pick (#14-Steve August) and three second-round choices (#30-Tom Lynch, #41-Terry Beeson, #54-Glenn Carano) to the Seahawks, in order to move up in the first round.[12] Dorsett signed a five-year contract for a reported $1.1 million, becoming the first player in franchise history to reach this amount, although it was the second largest contract signed for a rookie, with Ricky Bell beating Dorsett with a $1.2 million contract.[13]

Dre11

Reaction score
I think you will see a lot change in Dallas now Garrett is finally gone and MM is here.

Dallas has a lot of good football players also. As a team they have Been underachieving under Garrett.

what change? he's been considered to have the same issue folks here complained about Garrett, the biggest is time management issue, his offense not scheming players open.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
what change? he's been considered to have the same issue folks here complained about Garrett, the biggest is time management issue, his offense not scheming players open.

I think the season off and McCarthy going through years of his own coaching and according to him seeing the negatives and positives of the job he had done as looking to correct certain things:

According to King, McCarthy would often work with three other coaches, including former New Orleans Saints head coach Jim Haslett.

McCarthy and his staff would study everything, from reviewing "every offensive snap of the top 10 offenses last year," to dissecting formations and play calls, to reviewing quarterback footage.

McCarthy also designed what his football operations staff would look like, with a "14-person Football Technology Department, including a six-person video unit and an eight-person analytics team."

According to King, McCarthy spent a day at the Pro Football Focus offices in Cincinnati, learning more about data and how to incorporate analytics into his program. McCarthy told King that while he didn't agree with criticisms that his coaching with the Packers got "stale," he used the time away to "shed a light on it" and review how he could be more creative and innovative in his next job.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-mccarthy-studied-nfl-trends-hired-cowboys-job-2020-1

We will see how it works, right now I think he pretty much gets to run things as he sees fit during the honeymoon phase with Jerry. How this season plays out will either give him more freedom or less.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Reports are Adams wants to test the free agent market after he plays out this year lol...so potentially , Seattle can lose out totally! Gave up all those resources and could lose him in 2021. So they are renting him essentially. SHODDY MOVE by Seattle.

After using two first round picks, a third round pick and a starter to acquire Adams... if he leaves in free agency after this season, the riots in Seattle will dwarf those that they’ve already had.

The Seahawks front office would be the laughingstock of the league and it would be one of the worst moves that has ever been made. Even worse than their ill fated Percy Hardin trade... and that one was hard to beat.

There is no way Seattle can afford to let Adams get away after what they gave up to get him. No way. What that tells us is that not only will Adams have leverage in the upcoming negotiations, but he will have the team over the proverbial barrel more than I’ve ever seen with any player, I think.

That would be a PR nightmare for Seattle. Awful spot for the team.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I hope Jamal
After using two first round picks, a third round pick and a starter to acquire Adams... if he leaves in free agency after this season, the riots in Seattle will dwarf those that they’ve already had.

The Seahawks front office would be the laughingstock of the league and it would be one of the worst moves that has ever been made. Even worse than their ill fated Percy Hardin trade... and that one was hard to beat.

There is no way Seattle can afford to let Adams get away after what they gave up to get him. No way. What that tells us is that not only will Adams have leverage in the upcoming negotiations, but he will have the team over the proverbial barrel more than I’ve ever seen with any player, I think.

Exactly. If I was Jamal Adams I would be trying to get $20 million a year lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score

WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE

Rayman70

Reaction score

many have this idea that todays athlete has some loyalty to the team,HC and players. That just isn't true anymore. For the most part, players are worried about their own brand, with SOME exception. Dlaw the last 2 years, how he worried more about his merch and tweets and moniker,more than his performance. His loyalty lies with him. See how he basically held the team hostage when he refuse to have surgery until he got a new deal? Zeke basically did the same thing. Dak...and his idiot agent...same kinda thing. See the trend? Look what Adams just did. He got his wish. Now as a result, Seattle I feel, will get punked royally. ALL THOSE ASSETS given up for a guy that clearly wants to go to the highest bidder. Seattle will have tons of competition to keep him.