Jameis Winston suspended 3 games

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
My son warned me he was a end user.

But seems this has nothing to do with that.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
How can your notify if you didn't do anything wrong?

It only applies if he knew about the incident before it went public and didn't report it.

Whether this is true or not I don't know. What I find odd is this happened over two years ago. Similar to the Zeke case, I never heard of this incident. When did it go public? It seems to me that Goodell is looking for bad publicity and dragging it to the surface.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wait, no witchhunt that takes over a year and handed down a 6 game suspension?

Screw Goodell.

plasticman

Reaction score
How can your notify if you didn't do anything wrong?
Yeah, how does that work?....

"Hello Mr.Commissioner? Yes,this is Jamies....Jamies Winston.....QB for Tampa Bay?.....Yes sir, that's me.....well....anyway.....I've been a baaaaad boy!"

aria

Reaction score
It only applies if he knew about the incident before it went public and didn't report it.

Whether this is true or not I don't know. What I find odd is this happened over two years ago. Similar to the Zeke case, I never heard of this incident. When did it go public? It seems to me that Goodell is looking for bad publicity and dragging it to the surface.
It allegedly happened in March 2016 but didn’t become public until Nov 2017. As far as I know it’s another “he said, she said” with no proof. I guess other players do get suspended for potentially false allegations, imagine that.

I’m guessing the lighter suspension is because a) he allegedly grabbed her crotch so the NFL puts more emphasis on allegedly hitting a woman and b) it was an alleged one time incident. Just my thoughts obviously.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, how does that work?....

"Hello Mr.Commissioner? Yes,this is Jamies....Jamies Winston.....QB for Tampa Bay?.....Yes sir, that's me.....well....anyway.....I've been a baaaaad boy!"
He was notified by Uber that a formal complaint was filed against him. I guess the NFL has rules that if complaints are filed against a player by a company or for certain offenses then the player needs to notify the NFL. Really not that unheard of, I’m supposed to notify my employer if I even get a speeding ticket.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

:rolleyes: like that documentation of conduct unbecoming concercerning, OB junior,,,perhaps?:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

* an elected state/ federal official would have to dig deep in there back pocket to keep that negative blacklash of the 'press' Pushing /playing it like a drum, to keep there job,these days,,,this LEAGUE needs BUSTED UP thru the federal Ronnie Reagan R .I.C.O. act & have the "feds" start skimming a vast amount away from this little 'sweet gig' a rarified few Fandangled their casing-liners intoo_O

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The buccs arent contenders but that sucks for them.

Actually...I thought they were a real sleeper this season. If they can get that suspension down to 2 games...then they split W/L....then they can still compete...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Actually...I thought they were a real sleeper this season. If they can get that suspension down to 2 games...then they split W/L....then they can still compete...

I see them as the 4th best in their division let alone the rest of the nfc.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I see them as the 4th best in their division let alone the rest of the nfc.

Not w/ that D-line. I still think they are gonna make a couple of moves...rumors of Kenny Vacaro to beef up that secondary could really help them. Plus I love the Ronald Jones pick...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not w/ that D-line. I still think they are gonna make a couple of moves...rumors of Kenny Vacaro to beef up that secondary could really help them. Plus I love the Ronald Jones pick...

I dont see it but that's why the games are played. Hoping were better than expected also.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
So Saints, Eagles, and Steelers go against a 1-8 QB in Fitzpatrick to start the season? I shouldn’t take Mike Evans in fantasy within the first 3 rds?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
The league is walking down a slippery slope with these punishments where the real law is not even pressing charges. What is to stop a fan from a rival coming out and accusing a player to get the league to suspend a super star for a few games. I don’t want or need the NFL becoming a criminal court.