Jamie Dukes: This is my problem with Tony Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

newlander

Reaction score
Yeah, I know you guys hate him and I kind of do to.....but.....he has a point here.

He just said on NFL NEtwork that Romo is great BUT why doesn't he put up pts. and numbers in games like this? Philly's D' is horrible and this should have been easy pickings today. I know we didn't have Murray, but he has a valid pt. here guys.....I had to work today and will have to watch the replay on NFL network.

What did Philly do that would give TOny and our O' such headaches today? He went on to say that we should have scored more vs. Kansas City too and I DID watch that game. THeir D' is MUCH better than Philly and I don't believe that was Tony's fault. Thoughts?

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
a lot of penalties or uncalled penalties killed the drives, also that int was on tanner..

Gameover

Reaction score
Been wondering this for years, Jamie. His numbers don't translate to points.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
it's our scheme...Garrett and Callahan are always conservative on the road. we rarely attack the defense and all our throws are to the sidelines. it leads to a stagnant offense with no rhythm.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Like how they put up 31 on the Rams?

Dukes is just a troll and will take any nonsensical reason to bash Romo.

Stinger_Splash

Reaction score
Romo especially in the first half was running for his life. I thought he played very well despite 2 ints which one was on a HM and another was because of that idiot Tanner.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't want to blame the refs, but lots of questionable calls today that made the score closer. They even took an interception from Wilcox. Dez was mugged all day. Romo was hit late - no call. They finally dropped some flags on Philly in the second half. The offense wasn't great by any stretch, but Philly had some help.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Actually Dallas did have some wasted opps taking over in great field position.....and after up 17-3, took their boot off their throats, probably fearing Tony may throw a pick 6 and get philly back into it. But these are divisional games and Jamie Dukes has no idea that these are mostly always close suckers.

As for KC, that's history and forgotten.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The man has the talent.
If I was ridiculously rich with money to throw at anything that passed my fancy- I'd hire a pro to study every game he has ever played and maybe he could give me a clue as to if it was definitely him, his teammates, the play calls, or what.

It's an interesting subject since everyone can see his ability.
The guy can play, there's no question, but is he his own worst enemy, or is it a combination of factors?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't want to blame the refs, but lots of questionable calls today that made the score closer. They even took an interception from Wilcox. Dez was mugged all day. Romo was hit late - no call. They finally dropped some flags on Philly in the second half. The offense wasn't great by any stretch, but Philly had some help.

Dez was definitely man-handled constantly.

Props to him for handling it with maturity.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a variation on the 'Demarcus Ware's sacks don't come when we need them' argument. Until you look into it, and you find out that they actually do.

Tony is doing a fine job scoring points this season. Now that the red zone offensive problems have been addressed with personnel changes at positions other than QB, I don't see what there is to complain about.

Somebody hand Jamie Dukes another doughnut or cupcake and remind him he maybe should be a little more concerned with his own judgement, and less concerned with Tony Romo's.

FiveRings

Reaction score
We put up 48 against the Broncos, who's defense is probably better than Phillys. I chalk it up to it being a divisional game, they knew what we were bringing, and the O-Line struggled a little bit for the first time this season (gosh it's been so long since I've gotten to complain about O-Line play). But anyway, we got the win, and it's not like we won 3-0.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i noticed that receivers had a ton of drops, significant penalties and no confidence in blocking.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The HM int I don't put that on anyone. That happens on that type of play. You expect that as a possibility in an end of half situation. So that's a wash.

The second one...I don't know if that's Romo or Tanner. I know Tanner is taking the blame but I don't know. I will say this. Romo was off on Sunday. He wasn't nearly as accurate as he normally is.

Now that happens, of course, during an NFL season. Thankfully the defense shined big and bright on Sunday and was able to get this W when Romo was off.

Status
Not open for further replies.