Jan-Michael Vincent, Star of 'The Mechanic' and 'Airwolf,' Dies at 73

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/j...airwolf-dies-at-73/ar-BBUxwCE?ocid=spartanntp

Jan-Michael Vincent, who starred in such action fare as The Mechanic, White Line Fever and TV's Airwolf before a raft of personal problems and illness sent him on a downward spiral, has died. He was 73.

Vincent died Feb. 10 of cardiac arrest at Mission Hospital's Memorial Campus in Asheville, North Carolina, according to his death certificate obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.

Vincent had a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse and his career was already on the wane when he was drunk and involved in a 1996 car accident in Mission Viejo, California, that broke his neck and damaged his vocal cords.

Twelve years later, Vincent was in another car crash, then contracted an infection that led to two sections of his right leg being amputated. He spent his final years broke and living in the South.

So very sorry to hear this, loved him in Tribes, Hooper, the Mechanic and Defiance.
RIP JMV and thanks for the memories.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What a handsome man he once was. His personal demons got the best of him. He can now rest peacefully.

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
What a handsome man he once was. His personal demons got the best of him. He can now rest peacefully.

The guy was absolutely on top of the world during that time period, and those looks. My Lord as a young man growing up I have to admit I wanted to look like him.

timb2

Reaction score
Was a good actor,just was a train wreck in real life.