Jarvis Landry getting paid

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
That's not saying much though, especially with smoking Jay at the helm. Stills was just about phased out due to Cutler and his crap footwork/not willing to take a hit waiting for the play to develop deep. Parker still teases potential one game and then decides to be pushed around the next game by a small corner. Perfect Madden WR, but someone who I question his passion for the game and how far he is willing to push himself to be a #1 receiver.

Landry is a better route runner for sure though. Fiery dude who has taken dumb penalties and has let emotions get the best of him at times.

You are right about Parker but wrong on stills. He was never phased out, not with 800+ yards and 6 tds. That's identical to Dez stats and stills was their #3 wideout. If anythings stills got more involved because of parkers faults.

I am a fantasy football nut and can debate these players all day.

I believe Landry has a better season with dak last year than Dez last year just because Landrys fundamentals would give dak an easier target.

John813

Reaction score
You are right about Parker but wrong on stills. He was never phased out, not with 800+ yards and 6 tds. That's identical to Dez stats and stills was their #3 wideout. If anythings stills got more involved because of parkers faults.

I am a fantasy football nut and can debate these players all day.

I believe Landry has a better season with dak last year than Dez last year just because Landrys fundamentals would give dak an easier target.

I'm a Dolphins fan, as well. Fun year of football lol.

Phased out was incorrect terminology, but some games he just couldn't get the ball due to inaccurate QBs. Not really putting the blame on him, due to Cutler and Moore throwing the ball to the other team, especially when asked to throw anything past 10-15 yards.
Go look at his stats per game. Outside of a few games, notably the Tampa Bay game where he had about 22% of his yards in, and Denver(98 yards). He had 9 games under 50 yards. For a medium to deep threat, he was held in check most games due to his QB play.
Guess I just thought he could of been a bigger threat this year had we had a healthy T-Hill. Especially when you would see a replay of the down and see Stills in a prime position but the QB either misses him by a mile or doesn't even look his way. Stills could of easily cracked 1k yards had he gotten the ball more in December. It was maddening seeing Cutler force the ball to Parker in December 10+ targets a game and he would have a half *** effort for the ball if it wasn't thrown just right. Could of saved some picks had he tried to at least swat it away.

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'm a Dolphins fan, as well. Fun year of football lol.

Phased out was incorrect terminology, but some games he just couldn't get the ball due to inaccurate QBs. Not really putting the blame on him, due to Cutler and Moore throwing the ball to the other team, especially when asked to throw anything past 10-15 yards.
Go look at his stats per game. Outside of a few games, notably the Tampa Bay game where he had about 22% of his yards in, and Denver(98 yards). He had 9 games under 50 yards. For a medium to deep threat, he was held in check most games due to his QB play.
Guess I just thought he could of been a bigger threat this year had we had a healthy T-Hill. Especially when you would see a replay of the down and see Stills in a prime position but the QB either misses him by a mile or doesn't even look his way. Stills could of easily cracked 1k yards had he gotten the ball more in December. It was maddening seeing Cutler force the ball to Parker in December 10+ targets a game and he would have a half *** effort for the ball if it wasn't thrown just right. Could of saved some picks had he tried to at least swat it away.

Wonder how Parker and stills will do with extended playing time now. You see how stills got his opportunities when the great Parker layed an egg? I wish the cowboys did things like that instead of staying with *******es like twill all season. Who knows what butler would have done had he started games at number 2 spot.

John813

Reaction score
Wonder how Parker and stills will do with extended playing time now. You see how stills got his opportunities when the great Parker layed an egg? I wish the cowboys did things like that instead of staying with *******es like twill all season. Who knows what butler would have done had he started games at number 2 spot.

Going to be interesting that's for sure. Brought in Amendola and Wilson as their slot guys to replace Landry. Especially with Tannehill at QB who has really improved his deep ball accuracy since his first few years in the nfl
As for the Cowboys, never quite understood why Butler faded from getting more snaps even though he seemed effective with Dak.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Going to be interesting that's for sure. Brought in Amendola and Wilson as their slot guys to replace Landry. Especially with Tannehill at QB who has really improved his deep ball accuracy since his first few years in the nfl
As for the Cowboys, never quite understood why Butler faded from getting more snaps even though he seemed effective with Dak.

In Wilson you mean Albert wilson?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Yea.

Really hope they can get Jakeem Grant involved too. Super short but he can fly with or without the ball.

Yeah Wilson is a good wr, he just got jammed up in the cheifs wr rotation with conaly and Thomas.

That sucked because I played Wilson on a few fantasy rosters in favorale matchups last season only to have the other mostly conaly cut into his snaps.

The cheifs backend in fantasy is basicly a pick'em but Wilson is definitly better of that bunch.

And grant is nice too.