Jason Campbell

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redster;1769850 said:
Jason Campbell has a slightly better QB rating than Eli Manning. Haven't heard many of you calling Eli Manning a bust. Did you all watch the Philadelphia game? Campbell played an almost flawless game. He looked good against Green Bay in the FIRST HALF, till our O-Line got banged up. In the second half, because the O-line couldn't stop the pass rush, Campbell struggled. Can't blame him for that. Green Bay's defense is ranked 3 in terms of points allowed. I would say that he needs to play better when the clock is down to 2 minutes. Also, he fumbles the ball a bit too much. It can easily be corrected. Versus New England, pressure was coming from the right, which is where our O-line is decimated.
We ran the no-huddle 3 times last week. We scored twice, and the third drive came to a halt because of the Betts fumble. The third drive looked like it was gonna be another touchdown until the fumble.

It is quite possible that he will struggle against Dallas because of the 3-4 defense. However, Dallas has a terrible secondary compared to New England. He's young and learning. He'll get better.
Dig deeper. He's one of the least respected QBs on this forum.

kevin11

Reaction score
Hostile;1769859 said:
Dig deeper. He's one of the least respected QBs on this forum.
yea, seriously.

QB in NFCE

Romo
Mcnabb
Campbell
Eli

Eli is an average QB and hes lucky he has Plax. Dude bails Eli out of so many jams.

I did say I would take Mcnabb over romo but it doesnt mean I think romo is better. It coulld be because I hate romo and his smile. :mad:

I can stand looking at Mcnabb. Anyway

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kevin11;1769870 said:
yea, seriously.

QB in NFCE

Romo
Mcnabb
Campbell
Eli

Eli is an average QB and hes lucky he has Plax. Dude bails Eli out of so many jams.

I did say I would take Mcnabb over romo but it doesnt mean I think romo is better. It coulld be because I hate romo and his smile. :mad:

I can stand looking at Mcnabb. Anyway
I'd put Eli ahead of Campbell right now, but only because he has had the Giants in the playoffs every year and looks to be doing it again. I have to give him credit for that. Hard for me to put someone ahead of McNabb, but this year I'd say Romo is definitely ahead. I don't think McNabb's right at all this year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1769830 said:
I actually think that's a great thing. I do not like rainbows. They come floating down and allow the defense to close the gap.

His deep ball is the extreme opposite of Brady's.

You cant throw a 40-50 yard pass on a rope.. the defender has a good chance to deflect that pass

Too flat.... has to be perfect.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
redster;1769850 said:
Did you all watch the Philadelphia game? Campbell played an almost flawless game. He looked good against Green Bay in the FIRST HALF, till our O-Line got banged up.

Even a ******** squirrel finds a nut every now and again. You base your opinions on one good game??? ok

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He'll go deep on the first play to see if he can steal a quick six points.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MTRS-Jon;1769897 said:
Even a ******** squirrel finds a nut every now and again. You base your opinions on one good game??? ok

The important thing here is.....

Campbell couldnt hit the water if he jumped out of a boat

kevin11

Reaction score
YoMick;1769906 said:
The important thing here is.....

Campbell couldnt hit the water if he jumped out of a boat

okay. He has a 59.8 QB Completetion. Romo has a 65%....5 numbers better.

Maybe, you should actually watch a skins game and then talk. K, thank you.

Bizwah

Reaction score
redster;1769850 said:
However, Dallas has a terrible secondary compared to New England. He's young and learning. He'll get better.

Frankly, this is an ignorant statement.

So many look at our first game vs the Giants and say that our secondary is terrible.

Hardly.

We've been beat up. Our secondary hasn't played a full-game yet with all the players in the positions they were intended to play.

Newman missed the first two games entirely. As soon as he appeared to be ready to play full-time, Henry went down. We were missing Henry for four games.

Right now, we're finally looking to get fully healthy. We'll finally be able to play our defense as we originally intended.

Newman and Henry start. Newman locks his man down.
Hamlin patrols the deep middle...provides help to Henry when needed.
Williams plays close to the LOS....blows up run and blitzes. He hasn't been able to do this a whole lot this year.
Reeves comes in on the nickle D. Newman covers the slot. Nate Jones is not on the field.

Our special nickle package is going to be really good. Newman, Henry, Reeves, Hamlin, and Watkins....Williams playing as an extra LB.

Check the stats.....our pass defense is pretty sound. Considering they haven't been healthy all year, they've actually been impressive.

gbrittain

Reaction score
kevin11;1769910 said:

In fairness Campbell's completion rate percentage is among the worst of all starting QBs. I am not making that up it is just a fact.

Take into account that his completion per pass is among the lowest among all starting QBs as well and that is not a good sign.

Not saying Campbell will never be any good and has no upside, but that has to be concerning at a minimum.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
OK, since no one else wants to say it, I will. Jason Campbell's problem is that he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Saunders' 700 page playbook can't be implemented because Campbell's only done coloring the first three pages.

His accuracy really struggles because his mechanics are very inconsistent. People point to his completion percentage to claim that he is accurate but that's a fallacy. Given Washington's short passing attack, anything under 70% is an abject failure.

gbrittain

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1769927 said:
OK, since no one else wants to say it, I will. Jason Campbell's problem is that he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Saunders' 700 page playbook can't be implemented because Campbell's only done coloring the first three pages.

His accuracy really struggles because his mechanics are very inconsistent. People point to his completion percentage to claim that he is accurate but that's a fallacy. Given Washington's short passing attack, anything under 70% is an abject failure.

Yeah, that is what I just pointed out as well.

kevin11

Reaction score
Bizwah;1769918 said:
He has 5 200 yard games?

Really?

Bleh....It's funny. I remember when we'd go ga-ga when Carter/Hutchinson would throw for 200+ yards.

I don't think Romo's thrown for under 240 yards yet this year has he?
199 against the Miami

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score

:lmao:

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board.. Mad Props to Stanley....

kevin11

Reaction score
gbrittain;1769923 said:
In fairness Campbell's completion rate percentage is among the worst of all starting QBs. I am not making that up it is just a fact.

Take into account that his completion per pass is among the lowest among all starting QBs as well and that is not a good sign.

Not saying Campbell will never be any good and has no upside, but that has to be concerning at a minimum.
Hes 26 ot of 30.

It stops at 30.

Its bad.

Sorry, we dont have a high powered offense with Owens, Crayton, and Witten.

He have the most overrated WR in the NFCE. Moss, ARE, and Cooley. It isnt even close.

Campbell whether you guys like it or not is a solid QB that will be playing for us until his late 30s.

WHy we like him is because he gets better.

Also, Our offense is run-first. We dont throow for more than 30 passes/game.

kevin11

Reaction score

What do you know?

Or maybe its the face that Gibbs doesnt let his QBs throw deep?

He sends 2 people on a pass play and nobody is open so Campbell throws it away. THis happens every game on every 3rd down.

I really think you will all be impressed by how JC plays against you guys.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
kevin11;1769910 said:

Campbell has less throw attempts or that would be closer to 50%

He average yards per pass are lower... this guy throws 5 and 6 yard passes... if he ever threw the ball over the secondary his stats would be worse

Romo has a 103 rating
Campbell has an 80 rating

Romo has thrown 14 more TD's
Campbell has 9 fumbles - 5 of them lost