Twitter: Jason Garrett a finalist for Stanford job

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Best link I can provide. The other is a no no.

4xepTv.jpg

Reaction score
Garrett has a gift for the gab, so I actually see him as being a good recruiter. I easily see him at a kitchen table with the family of a prospect and persuading them in a positive direction. He can use his Princeton resume to impress parents of their kid going to Stanford. Tough competition though with Oregon, USC and UCLA getting most 4 and 5 star guys.

As for on the field? Different story. Not sure he can make Stanford relevant again

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I can't even fathom how garbage his staff would be if he got that job.

You'd probably have a few hold overs, and then some clown like Derek Dooley will be calling the offense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
For God's sake keep him away from another generation of talent. I don't want him on TV either but it's the lesser of two evils!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Garrett would be a fine choice…for their football team, moving forward, and well as moving forward for their football team.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Best friend played out there under Walsh and was their D coordinator many years. He still talks to a lot of people out there…Shaw was a teammate and knows many ex assistants…incredulous on this. Liked Troy Taylor at Sac State