News: Jason Garrett has more wins in the NFC over the last three seasons

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Htown-Cowboy, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Htown-Cowboy

Htown-Cowboy Well-Known Member

217 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    Some people might be surprised to learn that no other NFC coach has more wins than Jason Garrett over the last three seasons. If your measuring stick is winning football games, then Garrett rates pretty high in recent years with his 29 wins over the last three years.

Read More Here

Jake, Hostile and Melonfeud like this.
  2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

16,001 Messages
    29,528 Likes Received
  3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

10,146 Messages
    12,900 Likes Received
    Nice.

How many playoff wins?

4. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Well-Known Member

1,274 Messages
    2,161 Likes Received
    Not surprised. The only thing that's surprising is the lack of playoff success considering this fact. Since the 3rd year (this season) is not complete yet, perhaps the playoff success is right around the corner?

5. MikeT22

MikeT22 Well-Known Member

1,337 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Yes, we know we won the regular season in '16 and then went one and done in the playoffs.

DakPresgoat likes this.
  6. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

14,232 Messages
    8,836 Likes Received
    Garrett's issue is not winning enough in the regular season. Post season disappointment is the problem. Yes he and the team got totally screwed in 2014 but so have a lot of other teams over the years. I know he does not use that as an excuse but many fans and some in the media do.

Melonfeud likes this.
  7. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

1,159 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    So JG has more wins in the last 3 seasons after Romo got hurt and a 4th round rookie QB had to step in and lost the best RB in the NFL to a 6 game suspension ect ect ect and the GM did not replace the #1 WR spot....ect ect ect? Why have we not fired Jason yet? He obviously cant win unless everything is perfect.

Boyzmamacita, bandfan and Jstopper like this.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

31,445 Messages
    27,060 Likes Received
    Why all of a sudden we have threads comparing wins in the last 3 seasons to justify Garrett and / or Dak.

Give me playoffs wins, and that is "wins" to at least the NFCCG.

Other than that, it means nothing but some numbers.

9. Elusive6thRing

Elusive6thRing Well-Known Member

3,848 Messages
    3,181 Likes Received
    Garrett is a genius, Belichickesque.

10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

46,198 Messages
    40,513 Likes Received
    "Three seasons" huh? Man, it feels like Garrett's been here a lot longer than that...
    :huh:

HowardC, pjtoadie, Vandyr and 6 others like this.
  11. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

5,553 Messages
    16,847 Likes Received
    lol cherry picker

SlammedZero and stasheroo like this.
  12. Turkish-Cowboy

Turkish-Cowboy Well-Known Member

689 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    With whom? A qb we don't know of?

Let me write it before anyone does.

Dak sucks.

13. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

15,353 Messages
    25,221 Likes Received
    I'm kinda' picking up on that vibe,myself, BRO!
    These young guys on the team seems to have that " fire in the belly" & it's contagious:starspin:

14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

18,836 Messages
    10,457 Likes Received
    This is a stat the supports mediocrity. Garrett rarely has those 4-12 seasons, but he also doesn't have many playoff seasons and little playoff success.

8-8 or better seasons are built on beating a bunch of underachieving teams and a few good ones, like the Saints. Give him credit if you must for having teams good enough to beat the average to less-than-average teams. I'd rather have a coach who has the ability to put together the occasional run that at least puts his team in contention for a championship.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  15. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

15,353 Messages
    25,221 Likes Received
    Our Esteemed FELLOW FORUM MEMBER @T-RO has done beaten you on the 6 gun draw,there COWBOY! BY PROLLY 24 HOURS with this news.

16. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

7,328 Messages
    8,358 Likes Received
  17. robjay04

robjay04 Well-Known Member

5,484 Messages
    10,949 Likes Received
    I can say one thing. I don’t think we aren’t winning playoff games because of lack of preparation or our guys just underperforming.

His first playoff game was a win but shouldn’t have been as close(Lions) but still a win.

We both know the Packers games. Both came down to a freak play. If I recall, both games we came out flat but warmed up in the second half. Two crazy plays—and could’ve should’ve would’ve been two NFCCG appearances.

We need to be better. Everyone knows that but his playoff record isn’t as bad as Wade’s team being the best in the league and looking like gabbage again the Giants.

He doesn’t really have many excuses this year. No Rodgers and a defense that should be able to make a stop when we need it.

Also I’ll add...our “seal your own fate” games have been better the last few years.

Namely 2014, second against the Eagles and the colts.

2016....after the Giants game, we could’ve fell apart but we soundly beat the Lions and Bucs to seal our own fate.

18. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

450 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    Noooooooooooo! Not this thread again!

What has gotten into you people? Be gone with this participation trophy, moral victory bologna.

19. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    7,725 Likes Received
    Regular season glory. Wake me up when he wins a divisional round playoff game.

pjtoadie and 408Cowboy like this.
  20. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

4,252 Messages
    2,467 Likes Received

Lol.. this is what's funny about you people. All you hear is how bad a coach Garrett is, his offense is outdated, stale, and predictable, he's a horrible game manager. Yet he has more wins than any other NFC coach and more than any other coach except Belicheck. Now to add , in 1 of those years he had a rookie 4th rounder at Qb and a rookie Rb. Damn that's an amazing feat when you're thought of like that(sarcasm). So he doesn't have the playoff victories you'll want, although who knows how 2014 and 2016 ends up if, the refs don't screw up the Dez catch(2014) or if Jones and the defense makes 1 play vs Aaron Rodgers(2016). Time to at least give the man his due in this case, even without the playoff victories.