Jason Garrett Interviewing with Chargers

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because when you suck and your defense sucks you score more points. Their defense is good so the games were much closer and less garbage time.

So they intentionally scored fewer points now?

Just how far down this rabbit hole are you willing to go?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good, get him out of the NFC. One less revenge game coach we'll have to play.

After all it's not likely that Dallas will ever get to the SB again, and even if they do, that the Chargers will be the opposing team, just due to being 16 possible opponents.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Garrett is close to NY's front office. They probably encouraged that he go interview in hopes that he would move on to a head coaching job and they wouldn't have to fire him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So they intentionally scored fewer points now?

Just how far down this rabbit hole are you willing to go?
I never said they intentionally did anything. I told you the talent sucks.....what exactly did you expect a Daniel Jones led offense with no Saquon Barkley to do?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Good for him. I hope he gets the job.

of course he’ll get another shot to coach...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s always comforting to be on the right side of history.

It is perversely fun to watch the opinions change over time as the evidence accumulates.

Jason Garrett’s reputation in the league among the people who do the actual hiring was always good. The fact that he was out of work all of ~3 days before landing an OC gig last year and is getting HC interviews in the first real offseason where he’s an available HC candidate proves that.

Whether he gets the gig or not, the list of guys who just get interviews is very short. The fact that he’s getting calls proves what the GMs in the league really think. The biggest hurdle to hiring him for the top job now is that he’s a retread and, so, not very exciting. But he runs a team well and represents a franchise really well. He’ll get another shot sooner or later.

Proof

Reaction score
Yes, he averaged 9.33 wins in his last 6 seasons with Dallas. We were much better than that this season? Is this an episode of Twilight Zone? Am I losing my mind? Did we not lose 10 games? I don't even know what's going on anymore...

psst. It’s sarcasm

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It is perversely fun to watch the opinions change over time as the evidence accumulates.

Jason Garrett’s reputation in the league among the people who do the actual hiring was always good. The fact that he was out of work all of ~3 days before landing a HC gig last year and is getting HC interviews in the first real offseason where he’s an available HC candidate proves that.

Whether he gets the gig or not, the list of guys who just get interviews is very short. The fact that he’s getting calls proves what the GMs in the league really think. The biggest hurdle to hiring him for the top job now is that he’s a retread and, so, not very exciting. But he runs a team well and represents a franchise really well. He’ll get another shot sooner or later.

Landed a HC gig last year? Last time I checked, he was the OC, not the HC.

And you act like having a good reputation among the owners means you have talent. The NFL is all about hiring retreads who never accomplish anything. Happens every yeaer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said they intentionally did anything.

You tried some cockamamie excuse about the defense causing the offense to do worse. Sad.

I told you the talent sucks.....what exactly did you expect a Daniel Jones led offense with no Saquon Barkley to do?

Better than Garrett's pathetic 31st!

Shurmur had them playing better when the kid was a rookie!

Once again, players struggle under Garrett coaching and the blame for it goes to the players. It's ridiculous how many excuses continue to be made for this clown.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You tried some cockamamie excuse about the defense causing the offense to do worse. Sad.

Better than Garrett's pathetic 31st!

Shurmur had them playing better when the kid was a rookie!

Once again, players struggle under Garrett coaching and the blame for it goes to the players. It's ridiculous how many excuses continue to be made for this clown.
The same excuses are being made for McCarthy here lol...he didn’t have this...he didn’t have that...no offseason....and the players didn’t struggle under Garrett. You guys kills me on here when y’all hatred for a individual clouds any logic you have. It’s like the world is either black or white. I know it makes your blood boil the team got worse in coaching with McCarthy but that’s not Garrett’s fault blame Mike.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Landed a HC gig last year? Last time I checked, he was the OC, not the HC.

And you act like having a good reputation among the owners means you have talent. The NFL is all about hiring retreads who never accomplish anything. Happens every yeaer.

Typo. I meant OC, obviously.

And, yes, I act as though having a good reputation among owners after ten years coaching the Dallas Cowboys means you have talent. Because it does.

DMX690

Reaction score

Jason Garrett’s reputation in the league among the people who do the actual hiring was always good. The fact that he was out of work all of ~3 days before landing a HC gig last year and is getting HC interviews in the first real offseason where he’s an available HC candidate proves that.

Yeah if Garrett it's so highly regarded in the league by GM's as you said, you would think this lead to him having a coaching tree after ten years as a head coach in this league. Hell, even Marvin Lewis had a coaching tree in Jay Gruden.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same excuses are being made for McCarthy here lol...he didn’t have this...he didn’t have that...no offseason....and the players didn’t struggle under Garrett.

So you're trying to sell the 31st ranked offense as "not struggling" now? Dig that hole deeper.

You guys kills me on here when y’all hatred for a individual clouds any logic you have. It’s like the world is either black or white.

You're going to try to defend Garrett and his #31 offense and then question anyone else's "logic"? That's irony.

I know it makes your blood boil the team got worse in coaching with McCarthy but that’s not Garrett’s fault blame Mike.

You making another false claim doesn't make it true.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Stop disrespecting a Top-5 coach in Cowboys history. Garrett 4 Life :bow: