Twitter: Jason Garrett never started 1-3

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jason never won a Super Bowl, never won a Conference Champ game, not even a single Divisional round playoff game. His claim to fame was two wild card wins in 10 years.

I don’t care about Garrett’s regular season records, I care about post-season. Not that this 2020 Cowboys is looking to make noise in the playoffs, even if we squeak in, I feel more confident that MM isn’t going to soil his pants in high pressure games like Garrett is famous for.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I would hold off for a few more games. And see if this defensive scheme gets completely in the head of the players. And we will have some key players coming back from injuries. Randy Gregory getting on that defensive front will recharge this defensive front along with Aldon Smith.

Is so tiring to hear that Gregory is going to be this big boost to the defense. He wasn't a beast before his suspension and the is ZERO, ZILCH, ZIP, NADDA to suggest he's going to be now. I hope he can produce but to hold out any big hope that he's going to make some big difference now is foolishness.

1/4 of the season is over and how long do the Cowboys go before it's obvious to them that this defense with these players isn't working.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Is so tiring to hear that Gregory is going to be this big boost to the defense. He wasn't a beast before his suspension and the is ZERO, ZILCH, ZIP, NADDA to suggest he's going to be now. I hope he can produce but to hold out any big hope that he's going to make some big difference now is foolishness.

1/4 of the season is over and how long do the Cowboys go before it's obvious to them that this defense with these players isn't working.
I don't think Randy is going to be the savior of the defensive line, but I do believe he can help spark that defensive front. Even though he has historically proven to be unreliable due to weed and mental health issues we can't rule out that this possibly could be a turning point in his life and career. Who thought Aldon Smith out of football for 5 years due to a myriad of personal issues and suspensions could just about be as good as he left off when he was with the 9rs?

With some key defensive players coming back from injuries and the coaches persisting and more players hopefully resolving to master this scheme then this defense may become what it was projected to be. Is it taking longer than fans thought, obviously, but we can't expect the staff to just throw up their hands in the air and walk away from this transitional schematic challenge.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garret also inherited a disciplined team from Parcels loaded with pro bowl talent on both sides of the ball. MM not only needs to makeover the roster mess on defense the Garret era left behind, but he has to change the losing culture........during the height of the covid freakout this past spring, that was impossible. I expect a very different looking defense to take the field next season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don't think Randy is going to be the savior of the defensive line, but I do believe he can help spark that defensive front. Even though he has historically proven to be unreliable due to weed and mental health issues we can't rule out that this possibly could be a turning point in his life and career. Who thought Aldon Smith out of football for 5 years due to a myriad of personal issues and suspensions could just about be as good as he left off when he was with the 9rs?

With some key defensive players coming back from injuries and the coaches persisting and more players hopefully resolving to master this scheme then this defense may become what it was projected to be. Is it taking longer than fans thought, obviously, but we can't expect the staff to just throw up their hands in the air and walk away from this transitional schematic challenge.

Yes the team has to keep trying but this idea that Gregory who didn't do much when he played is going to be a spark now is just fooling yourself. Smith before his suspension was a beast and as you say is playing just about as good as he left off, Gregory was not.a beast so if he plays just about as good as he left off would make him even less of not being a beast. Now I hope he can make it but if he does he will again just be a rotational player.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He never had too.....he usually gets dogs his first few weeks. He too would've been 1-3 this year. Hell I take that back. He would've been 0-4.

Neither one of us is Dave Dameshek so your "what ifs" don't change no 1-3 starts. Look I'm not sorry Garrett is gone but I also don't think playing what if just to make him look even worse is right either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither one of us is Dave Dameshek so your "what ifs" don't change no 1-3 starts. Look I'm not sorry Garrett is gone but I also don't think playing what if just to make him look even worse is right either.
Ok so take the what if's out.

Garrett just last season started the season playing the Commanders, Giants and Dolphins. Three of the worst teams in the league.
2018 - Panthers, Seahawks, Lions and Giants....
2017 - Giants, Bronco's, Cardinals, Rams
2016- Giants, Commanders, Bears, 49ers

He starts his seasons off facing DOGS. Its not some credit to Garrett he's never started off 1-3. Its the credit to the schedule makers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so take the what if's out.

Garrett just last season started the season playing the Commanders, Giants and Dolphins. Three of the worst teams in the league.
2018 - Panthers, Seahawks, Lions and Giants....
2017 - Giants, Bronco's, Cardinals, Rams
2016- Giants, Commanders, Bears, 49ers

He starts his seasons off facing DOGS. Its not some credit to Garrett he's never started off 1-3. Its the credit to the schedule makers.

And Garrett's offense is what has the Giants at 0-4 currently, 32nd and dead last in points scored. Their defense, bereft of stars, is actually playing pretty well. In essence they're the complete opposite of what we are. A good defense and a pathetic offense, while we have a potent offense and a pathetic defense.

But none of the Garrett defenders want to talk about that fact, do they?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And Garrett's offense is what has the Giants at 0-4 currently, 32nd and dead last in points scored. Their defense, bereft of stars, is actually playing pretty well. In essence they're the complete opposite of what we are. A good defense and a pathetic offense, while we have a potent offense and a pathetic defense.

But none of the Garrett defenders want to talk about that fact, do they?
Yeah I mean his offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, offensive line sucks, running game sucks.......receivers are worst in the league.....he sure as hell isn't going to make a unit overachieve. That ain't his MO at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I mean his offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, offensive line sucks, running game sucks.......receivers are worst in the league.....he sure as hell isn't going to make a unit overachieve. That ain't his MO at all.

If he continues on his current trajectory, they will rightly run him out of New York on a rail after one year on the job. That said, a one week turnaround against our sorry defense wouldn't shock me either. Right now, we make everyone look good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

its called wishful thinking...there is more wrong with this defense than just one player being able to fix the problem.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How are NFL teams with new coaching staffs doing overall? Pretty terrible. I think most teams with new staffs are struggling the most because of not having a normal offseason and preseason to prepare. Let's see what happens over the next 4-6 weeks. The coaches are worth their salt will have these teams start to correct their problems and improve as players feel more comfortable in their new systems.

Car: 2-2
Was: 1-3
Dal: 1-3
NYG: 0-4
Cle: 3-1