Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by robjay04, Mar 12, 2019.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

23,558 Messages
    15,322 Likes Received
    https://thelandryhat.com/2014/03/10...ett-sabotaged-wade-phillips-tricked-everyone/

The claims of Garrett sabotaging Wade go back to offensive players and they also report how the offense and defense were divided based on this hierarchy.

As far as the ‘team improvement’ that year, Crayton basically attributed it to Jerry Jones and him becoming authoritative:

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cow.../patrick-crayton-pops-off-about-jason-garrett

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  2. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

13,533 Messages
    10,977 Likes Received
    1. More "read between the lines" - No, he outright admits he was a lousy HC and we weren't the first team he failed with. Moving on.

2. Doesn't explain the defense giving up on Wade - I'm not talking offense, I am talking defense which Wade had control over. Why did they give up on Wade if they disliked Garrett? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Garrett took away the playpen locker room atmosphere?

3. Wade's biography talked about a miscommunication they had on the play against the Redskins. This still doesn't address this team imploded after that game and we went 1-7 and then finished the season 6-10 after Wade was fired.

4. Really doesn't support Hatcher's claim and is irrelevant.

5. I never stated they were playing perfect - they, however, were getting more turnovers. We got 3 against manning, multiple against the Giants, we got a turnover against Vick when he was playing out of his mind, etc. Without the defense, we don't win the Colts or Giants game. And again, pretending we looked the same in those games than we did against the Jags and Packers is revising history - watch the games again, then come back.

Again, until there is more to this, it's just a stupid conspiracy theory. These players loved camp cupcake - making thousands to millions acting like knuckleheads. It was taken away from them - no surprise most of those players on the roster went on to do very little after.

3. khiladi

23,558 Messages
    15,322 Likes Received
    I personally think it’s a combination of Garrett being a politician and him being incompetent. He’s not smart enough in reality yo sabotage anybody and I’m part, like I said, the teams ‘turnaround’ that year was dramatically over-stated. Jerry became authoritative and the defense generated TOs that allowed the offense to score more against garbage teams.

The whole situation with Garrett has been a cluster F and wasted decade plus.

408Cowboy likes this.
  4. khiladi

23,558 Messages
    15,322 Likes Received
    Your quote of Wade admitting he was a lousy HC is also countered by multiple quotes of Wade saying he hasn’t gotten a fair shake and boasting about his record.

You are choosing to elevate one quote over multiple quotes of Wade saying the opposite, because of your feelings.

So what? Like I said, that’s Wade’s personality...

Again, you can talk about the play-pen all they want but the problems of penalties and lack of discipline and nonsense continued with Garrett, which again, you conveniently avoid. Garrett was stripped of play calling duties in 2014 and Jerry admitted he was a head coach in training and that they don’t want him anywhere near the offense now.

So in reality, all these situations are proving that it was Garrett all along, whether or not Hatcher’s interpretations are correct or not.

That is the point.. there is nothing conspiratorial about it.

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

2,279 Messages
    2,883 Likes Received

jerry's offseason moves from 2007 on were nothing less than horrendous. From the coaching choices to the RW trade, the amazing special teams draft, completely wasting Romo's prime years. Can't expect the coach and QB to correct something that the GM had no clue in correcting. Blaming that D on Wade is laughable. Setup to fail right out of the gate. That's what Jerry created. Parcell's left a team that needed a few smart decisions and jerry once again couldn't handle that. Par for the course. The GM was and still is a complete buffoon. Keeping Garrett for 13 years certainly reflects that.

6. khiladi

23,558 Messages
    15,322 Likes Received
    Wade basically said the final decisions were always Jerry’s, but he kind of defended it in a way when he was here by saying Jerry was a ‘good listener’.

Wade is ultimately too nice of a guy, pretty humble kind of like Romo was that happy go-lucky type of personality. Troy Aikman on the other hand would have never tolerated it.

Guys like Wade and Jerry will never flat out say Jerry is a buffoon as a football mind and GM or Garrett was simply a scrub, but you can tell in what they say, they feel that the set-up they were working with was a joke.

Big_D likes this.
  7. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

2,279 Messages
    2,883 Likes Received
    I didn’t like the wade or garrett hire. That setup was a joke destined for problems right away. Then compounded by a gm with no clue. Doesn’t matter at all if garret sabotaged wade because jerry did it for him. His intentions were very clear with garrett. Viewed as the long term solution while wade just kept the seat warm.

khiladi likes this.
  8. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

17,188 Messages
    10,622 Likes Received
    Zeke didn't do anything spectacular last year. I would say he had an average run blocking line this year. His TD's were waaaay down and he was not great on short yardage. We all know what happened on 4th and 1. Not many long runs either. He was a volume guy last year. Led the league in rushing on volume.

9. keysersoze

keysersoze Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    No. They only listen when it’s glowing positivities on Romo. The negatives must be false... LMAO.

408Cowboy, Streetwise and cern like this.
  10. 2288doubletrouble

2288doubletrouble Well-Known Member

396 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    He does things in the open field that Murray could only dream of. Murray was solid but doesn't have the skills Zeke does plain and simple.

11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

17,188 Messages
    10,622 Likes Received
    Ill take Zeke, but Murray was a great back. You don't run for 1800 yards if your not good.

And what exactly does Zeke do in the open field? He basically tries to run over guys.

Murray also doesn't cost 15 million to resign. I think 7 million was the number.

Give me Murray and a Kareem Hunt type as a one two punch for 10 million over Zeke for 15. Take that other 5 million, dump Hurns and sign Golden Tate. Better offense and your not tied to one horse.

12. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

553 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    A Pro Bowler, a Cowboys teammate, from the university of real men the G-Men, stood up against racism in Jena LA, and always performed well for the Cowboys when given the opportunity. He played out of position in 3-4 D but was a team player, and when switched to 4-3 DT he put up double digit sacks making the Pro Bowl.

So he is credible.

Again, if the truth hurts, you will be in pain. If the truth drives you crazy, you will be insane.

13. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    7,345 Likes Received
    I’m not saying Hatcher is, or isn’t, being fair with his comments, but having had a good season or two doesn’t necessarily mean he is credible.

pancakeman and TexasBoys2288 like this.
  14. keysersoze

keysersoze Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    But actually BEING ON THE TEAM certainly does.

15. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    7,345 Likes Received
    Not necessarily. Not everyone who was in a position to know something is since and fair minded in what they say, and even if Hatcher was sincere, different people on the same team can have different perceptions. Jason Witten was on the team and he undoubtedly has a different opinion about Romo. I’m sure others too. And, who knows - maybe a few that believe as Hatcher does. So who do you believe?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    pancakeman likes this.
  16. Fire407

Fire407 Active Member

253 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    The defense only quit on Wade in the Packers and Jags game, but the other games were lost by 7 or less. Contrary to the myth that is out there, the players have quit on Garrett many times during his tenure. The Colts game this past season being a good example.

khiladi likes this.
  17. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

2,875 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    Bet Romo would clean Daks clock on the golf course.

18. Cowboysfan917

Cowboysfan917 Well-Known Member

903 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Whether credible or not,what I find so funny is that this guy actually went to a division rival to get a pay day where as Romo spent his whole career with a star on his helmet and there are ‘fans’ who support the defect over the loyal player.

19. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

420 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I hate working with people like Hatch. They are constantly back stabbing whoever is in charge. They are just poison to the organization.

Romo was the leader. Shut up Hatch and follow.

20. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    7,345 Likes Received
    I obviously can’t say how accurate or sincere Hatcher is, but you do have to wonder about his motives. It comes across as sour grapes.

MizzouCowboy4 likes this.