Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

khiladi

Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2014/03/10...ett-sabotaged-wade-phillips-tricked-everyone/

The claims of Garrett sabotaging Wade go back to offensive players and they also report how the offense and defense were divided based on this hierarchy.

As far as the ‘team improvement’ that year, Crayton basically attributed it to Jerry Jones and him becoming authoritative:

“They responded, I believe, this past season because of the guy who signs the checks, Jerry Jones. He's a true players’ owner. But when he comes in in an authoritative way, you tend to listen."

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cow.../patrick-crayton-pops-off-about-jason-garrett

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1. Wade’s personality is like that. He also tweeted a few years back his record in contrast to Garrett as a point of sarcasm. Wade clearly doesn’t think he can’t HC and always felt he never got honest opportunities. He’s multiple times made his feelings known and quoted his overall HC record on support of that fact.

2. Patrick Crayton on 2010 said Wade has absolutely nothing to do with the offense. Hatcher basically said what Holley and Crayton said years ago that Garrett sabotaged Wade and they argued it was based on a ‘new play book’. Obviously if you look at it, they actually made a concerted effort to run the ball, which is what Wade was actually saying they needed to do, but was constantly ignored. People may argue they they ran the ball more because of Kitna, but in Kitna’s first game and that led to the firing of Wade they threw 30 times and the Dalla three back rushing attack only attempted 14 rushes the whole game for like 30 yards.

Also Hatcher is clearly re-writing a narrative in part, because even Crayton, Brooking and Newman all said Wade never cracked heads. So his claim Garrett sabotaged them based on harder practices is bogus. This idea they became tired Because of practices being much harder doesn’t jive with what players that were pro-Wade were saying in 2010.

Hatcher wouldn’t have known about the playbook, because he was part of the defense, so he’s clearly mixing up issues on his head.

3. Wade’s autobiography slams Garrett in reality and he speaks about how Wade to work under pressure of being fired, when he was 9-7 and also how Jerry wouldn’t offer him an extension when he went 33-15, won a play-off game and were coming off an 11-5 year.

4. He also brought up the fact that Jerry gave Garrett a raise during this time and was making more than him and even days flat out in his biography thatJerry himself said that Jerry told him after the 9-7 season maybe he should have let Garrett take the Ravens offer after the OFFENSE struggled, meaning Jerry knew their were problems with Garrett as an offensive coach. He even came out years later and said he was a “head coach in training”.

5. Wade brought up the Commanders game and Garrett’s incompetence while the defense didn’t allow a single TD. They even hit a ten yard holding penalty before the fumble on offense, meaning the offense was blowing games. And of course the defense gave up, because the offense was turning the ball over and losing games that the defense won. The OFFENSE COMITTED 19 TOs by the time Wade got fired. The defense generated 5 TOs against the Giants and the Cowboys still lost.

The last two games that were blowouts were because the Dallas offense committed 8 TOs in a span of two games. The GB game was the final straw, because they lost Romo the game prior.

6. And even then, like I said, the defense didn’t even do anything much after Wade was fired anyways. They were still giving up points like crazy, had multiple games where they gave up over thirty plus points and the only difference was the TO ratio, like I said. The offense still gave the ball up, but made a more concerted effort to run the ball and Dallas basically just beat teams that were already out of the play-off rave and sucked.

1. More "read between the lines" - No, he outright admits he was a lousy HC and we weren't the first team he failed with. Moving on.

2. Doesn't explain the defense giving up on Wade - I'm not talking offense, I am talking defense which Wade had control over. Why did they give up on Wade if they disliked Garrett? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Garrett took away the playpen locker room atmosphere?

3. Wade's biography talked about a miscommunication they had on the play against the Commanders. This still doesn't address this team imploded after that game and we went 1-7 and then finished the season 6-10 after Wade was fired.

4. Really doesn't support Hatcher's claim and is irrelevant.

5. I never stated they were playing perfect - they, however, were getting more turnovers. We got 3 against manning, multiple against the Giants, we got a turnover against Vick when he was playing out of his mind, etc. Without the defense, we don't win the Colts or Giants game. And again, pretending we looked the same in those games than we did against the Jags and Packers is revising history - watch the games again, then come back.

Again, until there is more to this, it's just a stupid conspiracy theory. These players loved camp cupcake - making thousands to millions acting like knuckleheads. It was taken away from them - no surprise most of those players on the roster went on to do very little after.

khiladi

Reaction score
I personally think it’s a combination of Garrett being a politician and him being incompetent. He’s not smart enough in reality yo sabotage anybody and I’m part, like I said, the teams ‘turnaround’ that year was dramatically over-stated. Jerry became authoritative and the defense generated TOs that allowed the offense to score more against garbage teams.

The whole situation with Garrett has been a cluster F and wasted decade plus.

khiladi

Reaction score
1. More "read between the lines" - No, he outright admits he was a lousy HC and we weren't the first team he failed with. Moving on.

2. Doesn't explain the defense giving up on Wade - I'm not talking offense, I am talking defense which Wade had control over. Why did they give up on Wade if they disliked Garrett? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Garrett took away the playpen locker room atmosphere?

3. Wade's biography talked about a miscommunication they had on the play against the Commanders. This still doesn't address this team imploded after that game and we went 1-7 and then finished the season 6-10 after Wade was fired.

5. I never stated they were playing perfect - they, however, were getting more turnovers. We got 3 against manning, multiple against the Giants, we got a turnover against Vick when he was playing out of his mind, etc. Without the defense, we don't win the Colts or Giants game. And again, pretending we looked the same in those games than we did against the Jags and Packers is revising history - watch the games again, then come back.

Again, until there is more to this, it's just a stupid conspiracy theory. These players loved camp cupcake - making thousands to millions acting like knuckleheads. It was taken away from them - no surprise most of those players on the roster went on to do very little after.

Your quote of Wade admitting he was a lousy HC is also countered by multiple quotes of Wade saying he hasn’t gotten a fair shake and boasting about his record.

You are choosing to elevate one quote over multiple quotes of Wade saying the opposite, because of your feelings.

So what? Like I said, that’s Wade’s personality...

Again, you can talk about the play-pen all they want but the problems of penalties and lack of discipline and nonsense continued with Garrett, which again, you conveniently avoid. Garrett was stripped of play calling duties in 2014 and Jerry admitted he was a head coach in training and that they don’t want him anywhere near the offense now.

So in reality, all these situations are proving that it was Garrett all along, whether or not Hatcher’s interpretations are correct or not.

That is the point.. there is nothing conspiratorial about it.

Big_D

Reaction score
1. Wade’s personality is like that. He also tweeted a few years back his record in contrast to Garrett as a point of sarcasm. Wade clearly doesn’t think he can’t HC and always felt he never got honest opportunities. He’s multiple times made his feelings known and quoted his overall HC record on support of that fact.

2. Patrick Crayton on 2010 said Wade has absolutely nothing to do with the offense. Hatcher basically said what Holley and Crayton said years ago that Garrett sabotaged Wade and they argued it was based on a ‘new play book’. Obviously if you look at it, they actually made a concerted effort to run the ball, which is what Wade was actually saying they needed to do, but was constantly ignored. People may argue they they ran the ball more because of Kitna, but in Kitna’s first game and that led to the firing of Wade they threw 30 times and the Dalla three back rushing attack only attempted 14 rushes the whole game for like 30 yards.

Also Hatcher is clearly re-writing a narrative in part, because even Crayton, Brooking and Newman all said Wade never cracked heads. So his claim Garrett sabotaged them based on harder practices is bogus. This idea they became tired Because of practices being much harder doesn’t jive with what players that were pro-Wade were saying in 2010.

Hatcher wouldn’t have known about the playbook, because he was part of the defense, so he’s clearly mixing up issues on his head.

3. Wade’s autobiography slams Garrett in reality and he speaks about how Wade to work under pressure of being fired, when he was 9-7 and also how Jerry wouldn’t offer him an extension when he went 33-15, won a play-off game and were coming off an 11-5 year.

4. He also brought up the fact that Jerry gave Garrett a raise during this time and was making more than him and even days flat out in his biography thatJerry himself said that Jerry told him after the 9-7 season maybe he should have let Garrett take the Ravens offer after the OFFENSE struggled, meaning Jerry knew their were problems with Garrett as an offensive coach. He even came out years later and said he was a “head coach in training”.

5. Wade brought up the Commanders game and Garrett’s incompetence while the defense didn’t allow a single TD. They even hit a ten yard holding penalty before the fumble on offense, meaning the offense was blowing games. And of course the defense gave up, because the offense was turning the ball over and losing games that the defense won. The OFFENSE COMITTED 19 TOs by the time Wade got fired. The defense generated 5 TOs against the Giants and the Cowboys still lost.

The last two games that were blowouts were because the Dallas offense committed 8 TOs in a span of two games. The GB game was the final straw, because they lost Romo the game prior.

6. And even then, like I said, the defense didn’t even do anything much after Wade was fired anyways. They were still giving up points like crazy, had multiple games where they gave up over thirty plus points and the only difference was the TO ratio, like I said. The offense still gave the ball up, but made a more concerted effort to run the ball and Dallas basically just beat teams that were already out of the play-off rave and sucked.

jerry's offseason moves from 2007 on were nothing less than horrendous. From the coaching choices to the RW trade, the amazing special teams draft, completely wasting Romo's prime years. Can't expect the coach and QB to correct something that the GM had no clue in correcting. Blaming that D on Wade is laughable. Setup to fail right out of the gate. That's what Jerry created. Parcell's left a team that needed a few smart decisions and jerry once again couldn't handle that. Par for the course. The GM was and still is a complete buffoon. Keeping Garrett for 13 years certainly reflects that.

khiladi

Reaction score
jerry's offseason moves from 2007 on were nothing less than horrendous. From the coaching choices to the RW trade, the amazing special teams draft, completely wasting Romo's prime years. Can't expect the coach and QB to correct something that the GM had no clue in correcting. Blaming that D on Wade is laughable. Setup to fail right out of the gate. That's what Jerry created. Parcell's left a team that needed a few smart decisions and jerry once again couldn't handle that. Par for the course. The GM was and still is a complete buffoon. Keeping Garrett for 13 years certainly reflects that.

Wade basically said the final decisions were always Jerry’s, but he kind of defended it in a way when he was here by saying Jerry was a ‘good listener’.

Wade is ultimately too nice of a guy, pretty humble kind of like Romo was that happy go-lucky type of personality. Troy Aikman on the other hand would have never tolerated it.

Guys like Wade and Jerry will never flat out say Jerry is a buffoon as a football mind and GM or Garrett was simply a scrub, but you can tell in what they say, they feel that the set-up they were working with was a joke.

Big_D

Reaction score
Wade basically said the final decisions were always Jerry’s, but he kind of defended it in a way when he was here by saying Jerry was a ‘good listener’.

Wade is ultimately too nice of a guy, pretty humble kind of like Romo was that happy go-lucky type of personality. Troy Aikman on the other hand would have never tolerated it.

Guys like Wade and Jerry will never flat out say Jerry is a buffoon as a football mind and GM or Garrett was simply a scrub, but you can tell in what they say, they feel that the set-up they were working with was a joke.

I didn’t like the wade or garrett hire. That setup was a joke destined for problems right away. Then compounded by a gm with no clue. Doesn’t matter at all if garret sabotaged wade because jerry did it for him. His intentions were very clear with garrett. Viewed as the long term solution while wade just kept the seat warm.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tell me what kind of o-line they have and maybe I could agree with money. Murray can’t turn dog crap into chicken like Zeke can.

Zeke didn't do anything spectacular last year. I would say he had an average run blocking line this year. His TD's were waaaay down and he was not great on short yardage. We all know what happened on 4th and 1. Not many long runs either. He was a volume guy last year. Led the league in rushing on volume.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Zeke didn't do anything spectacular last year. I would say he had an average run blocking line this year. His TD's were waaaay down and he was not great on short yardage. We all know what happened on 4th and 1. Not many long runs either. He was a volume guy last year. Led the league in rushing on volume.
He does things in the open field that Murray could only dream of. Murray was solid but doesn't have the skills Zeke does plain and simple.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He does things in the open field that Murray could only dream of. Murray was solid but doesn't have the skills Zeke does plain and simple.

Ill take Zeke, but Murray was a great back. You don't run for 1800 yards if your not good.

And what exactly does Zeke do in the open field? He basically tries to run over guys.

Murray also doesn't cost 15 million to resign. I think 7 million was the number.

Give me Murray and a Kareem Hunt type as a one two punch for 10 million over Zeke for 15. Take that other 5 million, dump Hurns and sign Golden Tate. Better offense and your not tied to one horse.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Got this from a quick Google search:
Romo holds several Cowboys team records, including passing touchdowns, passing yards, most games with at least 300 passing yards, and games with three or more touchdown passes. He also held a higher passer rating in the fourth quarter than any other NFL quarterback from 2006 to 2013.

Good old Hatcher has what?
A Pro Bowler, a Cowboys teammate, from the university of real men the G-Men, stood up against racism in Jena LA, and always performed well for the Cowboys when given the opportunity. He played out of position in 3-4 D but was a team player, and when switched to 4-3 DT he put up double digit sacks making the Pro Bowl.

So he is credible.

Again, if the truth hurts, you will be in pain. If the truth drives you crazy, you will be insane.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Pro Bowler, a Cowboys teammate, from the university of real men the G-Men, stood up against racism in Jena LA, and always performed well for the Cowboys when given the opportunity. He played out of position in 3-4 D but was a team player, and when switched to 4-3 DT he put up double digit sacks making the Pro Bowl.

So he is credible.

Again, if the truth hurts, you will be in pain. If the truth drives you crazy, you will be insane.
I’m not saying Hatcher is, or isn’t, being fair with his comments, but having had a good season or two doesn’t necessarily mean he is credible.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I’m not saying Hatcher is, or isn’t, being fair with his comments, but having had a good season or two doesn’t necessarily mean he is credible.
But actually BEING ON THE TEAM certainly does.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But actually BEING ON THE TEAM certainly does.

Not necessarily. Not everyone who was in a position to know something is since and fair minded in what they say, and even if Hatcher was sincere, different people on the same team can have different perceptions. Jason Witten was on the team and he undoubtedly has a different opinion about Romo. I’m sure others too. And, who knows - maybe a few that believe as Hatcher does. So who do you believe?

Last edited:

Fire407

Reaction score

The defense only quit on Wade in the Packers and Jags game, but the other games were lost by 7 or less. Contrary to the myth that is out there, the players have quit on Garrett many times during his tenure. The Colts game this past season being a good example.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Whether credible or not,what I find so funny is that this guy actually went to a division rival to get a pay day where as Romo spent his whole career with a star on his helmet and there are ‘fans’ who support the defect over the loyal player.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Well, both Beasley and Cooper were more productive with Dak than their previous QB. But I don’t think that’s really what Hatcher was saying anyway. I think what Hatcher was saying is that players will follow and respect and play hard for Dak in a way they wouldn’t for Romo. I’m not saying I agree, and frankly I doubt Hatcher’s perspective because he was never a teammate of Dak’s, but right or wrong that appears to be want he believe’s.

I hate working with people like Hatch. They are constantly back stabbing whoever is in charge. They are just poison to the organization.

Romo was the leader. Shut up Hatch and follow.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate working with people like Hatch. They are constantly back stabbing whoever is in charge. They are just poison to the organization.

Romo was the leader. Shut up Hatch and follow.
I obviously can’t say how accurate or sincere Hatcher is, but you do have to wonder about his motives. It comes across as sour grapes.