408Cowboy

Reaction score
Stopped reading after first sentence

Patrick Crayton
Miles Austin
Laurent Robinson
Jesse Holley

Say otherwise
"Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

Sounds more like he meant inspired maybe?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else is going to say something? Its only going to be the players who leave. Witten, Ware, Sean Lee.....these guys are never going to bad mouth this organization. They are going to stick up for it until the end. You will get the truth from the players who don't have ties to this organization.
Ware wasn’t offered a new contract just as Hatcher wasn’t.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He's not qualified to talk about Dak. But most of his comments were directed at what Romo wasn't.
Which is fine, as long as we remember that for every Hatcher there are just as many rank and file guys like Orlando Scandrick and Philip Tanner who have praised Romo’s leadership. There is no one size fits all type of leader. Hatcher is just one disgruntled voice.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why aren't they Roy? Hatcher had ties with the organization , he was mad he was let go. T.O was mad , Crayton was mad, it dumb
I mean ties as in he still makes money from his organization. TO doesn't. Hatcher doesn't. I would trust their opinion on what went down than I would Romo or Witten because they are still very close to this organization. Well.....I don't believe a word TO says so I'd scratch him off that list.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
https://1053thefan.radio.com/articl...-leadership-says-jason-garrett-sabotaged-wade

“Romo didn't have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don't respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn't see.”

"He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I'll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

When asked to clarify his remark about making people better, Hatcher went on to criticize Romo even more.

"Romo was feeling like he was a Brett Favre and I'm like 'dude, you ain't do nothing. What have you done? You got your own space that you leave ... don't come in the locker room an interact with your teammates, but you call yourself a leader? Nah, partner. It don't work like that.'

Hatcher was asked about what happened around the time the Cowboys fired Phillips and if the team quit on him?

"Let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you the truth. I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man."

When asked if Hatcher believed that he said, "absolutely."

"We ran three plays three freakin plays (before Wade was fired). I don't care what the media say. We was flying around. We was out of pads in week 7 (in 2009). We was beating people's heads in. Now we go into camp cupcake (in 2010) and do what Wade don't want to do. We get in pads, we beat each other down. We tired, we not fresh. And then you go and call three or four plays (Garrett on offense) till this man gets fired."

I find it funny how the Romo storm troopers are rolling out in full attack on here but have no idea what really went on behind the scenes.

It's not like any of you have ever been in the locker room yourselves. You are nothing but fans on a forum and base all of your feelings about Romo off of impressive interviews and things you've heard he did for charities and the community.

How would you feel if it was you in Hatcher shoes, knowing the facts, and people blasting your comments!

You guys are actually believing more his comments about Garrett before Romo.

It's not very hard to believe Romo was actually a grade A D-Bag. He let alot of the hype and comparisons go to his head.

And he still hasnt won ****!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
"Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

Sounds more like he meant inspired maybe?
How would he know that? He isnt in the locker room. Hes being a salty hater

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is fine, as long as we remember that for every Hatcher there are just as many rank and file guys like Orlando Scandrick and Philip Tanner who have praised Romo’s leadership. There is no one size fits all type of leader. Hatcher is just one disgruntled voice.
This is true but at the same time Scandrick and Tanner are guys closer to this organization. I'd be more interested in hearing what the Chris Canty's think or the Jason Hatchers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He made Laurent Robinson better. That's all people are holding on to lol. And he did make Robinson a lot of money but this reputation he made players around him better should've netted far more success than it did.

Umm... Did you see the catastrophes we had every time he was not on the field until Zeke arrived?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sounds to me like Jessica turned him down at some point.....
c55ede4ee82188101974537fcafc7e10.gif

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The Wade stuff not new! He was sabotaged the minute Garrett was hired as OC

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
I find it funny how the Romo storm troopers are rolling out in full attack on here but have no idea what really went on behind the scenes.

It's not like any of you have ever been in the locker room yourselves. You are nothing but fans on a forum and base all of your feelings about Romo off of impressive interviews and things you've heard he did for charities and the community.

How would you feel if it was you in Hatcher shoes, knowing the facts, and people blasting your comments!

You guys are actually believing more his comments about Garrett before Romo.

It's not very hard to believe Romo was actually a grade A D-Bag. He let alot of the hype and comparisons go to his head.

And he still hasnt won ****!
The hypocrisy from this post is golden.

plymkr

Reaction score
Lmao romo made alot of WRs have careers. What a clown
Yeah I'd like to hear Dez's opinion of Romo or TO's. Those guys speak their minds and had plenty of time to bash him. But as far as I know they haven't. But Dez did bash Garrett. So I tend to believe what he said about Garrett is true since a lot if people on this board have been saying for years that Red screwed Wade.

jujoboys

Reaction score
https://1053thefan.radio.com/articl...-leadership-says-jason-garrett-sabotaged-wade

“Romo didn't have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don't respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn't see.”

"He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I'll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

When asked to clarify his remark about making people better, Hatcher went on to criticize Romo even more.

"Romo was feeling like he was a Brett Favre and I'm like 'dude, you ain't do nothing. What have you done? You got your own space that you leave ... don't come in the locker room an interact with your teammates, but you call yourself a leader? Nah, partner. It don't work like that.'

Hatcher was asked about what happened around the time the Cowboys fired Phillips and if the team quit on him?

"Let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you the truth. I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man."

When asked if Hatcher believed that he said, "absolutely."

"We ran three plays three freakin plays (before Wade was fired). I don't care what the media say. We was flying around. We was out of pads in week 7 (in 2009). We was beating people's heads in. Now we go into camp cupcake (in 2010) and do what Wade don't want to do. We get in pads, we beat each other down. We tired, we not fresh. And then you go and call three or four plays (Garrett on offense) till this man gets fired."

I have a friend that played football with Jay Ratliff at Auburn. When Phillips was fired and Garrett took over my friend told me that Jay Ratliff was saying the same thing about Garrett. Ratliff told my friend that he hated Garrett and thought Garrett was trying to get Phillips fired so he could take over. I always thought it was BS but this really has me thinking that it might not have been BS. Ratliff and Hatcher weren't around much longer after Garrett took over.