Twitter: Jason LaCanfora: Don't worry about the Cowboys cap space

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
La Canfora is a Giants guy. Any Cowboy Fan who listens to what this guy has to say about the Cowboys is an idiot. No way he is supporting anything Cowboys. He will always report in the best interests of the Giants. I pay no attention to his guy, ever.

I get that but what is he gaining from OP tweet? Not to mention his info is verifiable.....

baltcowboy

Reaction score
BTW.....just read yesterday ( see if I can dig it up) that our 2020 cap projection is either 5th or 6th in the league at $85M if I'm remembering correctly.

And 90% of this board sides with ownership. The Jones family makes a million a day off the Cowboys. Every sports talk show has had a segment a day on Zeke since the holdout began. Get your money son.

erod

Reaction score
The team with the lowest revenue streams in football is the Jacksonville Jaguars, and they're governed by the exact same cap number you are. Not really sure where he's going with this.

Jacksonville's owner is worth $7.9 billion. He has more money than any owner in the NFL.

JBond

Reaction score
La Canfora is a Giants guy. Any Cowboy Fan who listens to what this guy has to say about the Cowboys is an idiot. No way he is supporting anything Cowboys. He will always report in the best interests of the Giants. I pay no attention to his guy, ever.
Usually I agree with that, but his numbers appear to be correct.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And 90% of this board sides with ownership. The Jones family makes a million a day off the Cowboys. Every sports talk show has had a segment a day on Zeke since the holdout began. Get your money son.

What does this mean? What does what the Jones family earnings have to do with Zeke and his contract?

JBond

Reaction score
Jacksonville's owner is worth $7.9 billion. He has more money than any owner in the NFL.
That is personal money, not necessarily NFL related streams of revenue used to pay bonuses.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Him having that money doesn't necessarily mean that the team has access to that.

Regardless of how much money the Cowboys make, they still have the confines of the sal cap.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is also 'farcical'

"They have unmatched revenue streams"

The team with the lowest revenue streams in football is the Jacksonville Jaguars, and they're governed by the exact same cap number you are. Not really sure where he's going with this.

Revenue streams is not the same as cap number. If you have unlimited cash streams, you have the money for bonuses and things to make cap numbers lower if needed. They are sitting pretty cap wise.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Usually I agree with that, but his numbers appear to be correct.

His numbers are projections so how can they be correct but either way, his subject matter doesn't matter. Revenue streams are irrelevant. 2017 numbers are no longer accurate. I mean, who cares what his numbers reflect, they are not accurate.

erod

Reaction score
That is personal money, not necessarily NFL related streams of revenue used to pay bonuses.

I understand, but that guy's revenue streams are all over the world.

JBond

Reaction score
His numbers are projections so how can they be correct but either way, his subject matter doesn't matter. Revenue streams are irrelevant. 2017 numbers are no longer accurate. I mean, who cares what his numbers reflect, they are not accurate.
Revenue is relevant when you do not have enough cash on hand to pay massive bonuses.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cash on hand generated by Football related revenue.

Jerry has a lot of money, personally, yeah.... What does that have to do with getting contracts done or the Cowboys Cap situation?