Twitter: Jason LaCanfora: Don't worry about the Cowboys cap space

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
What does a revenue stream have to do with the salary cap?

That is just a fancy way to say that the Cowboys have no issues meeting payroll, or paying out front-loaded bonuses. Some teams have issues with this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CAP SPACE???

giphy.gif

Proof

Reaction score
His numbers are projections so how can they be correct but either way, his subject matter doesn't matter. Revenue streams are irrelevant. 2017 numbers are no longer accurate. I mean, who cares what his numbers reflect, they are not accurate.

Sounds familiar :muttley:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I have difficulty believing any NFL team has issues making cash payments. As an absolute worst case scenario, banks would line up around the corner to offer an NFL team a loan. I can think of few lower risk loans out there. In the long term, the cap is fixed. That signing bonus comes off future player payments.

If some team had trouble making a payment, it was their choice and not a necessity.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry said the pie is getting smaller. We all know Jerry would never exaggerate when speaking to the media. :muttley:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And that is news how? I mean, his tweet is a bunch of nonsense.

What's nonsense about what he says? (below)

The idea that extending a LB or OL has any impact on Cowboys ability to pay top $ for a RB or QB or WR is farcical. They have unmatched revenue streams and ranked 30th in payroll in 2017 and 31st in 2018 and project to being 27th for 2019. The money is there and cash always > cap

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
%
‘Unmatched revenue streams’ are irrelevant. It’s cap space (not revenue earned) that is the constraint. LaConfora should hand in his press credentials just for conflating the two concepts.
It means that the Cowboys have the cash on hand for bonuses. The Raiders, for example, have to borrow money to put towards signing bonuses because they don't have cash on hand. Once they sign a player, they have to deposit the amount of pro rated bonuses and insurance in an account. Kirwin and John Clayton explain it every so often on NFL radio.

The Cowboys also have to spend up to the cap minimum this year, because they have not done so in the past 3 years. They have to spend 89% of the cap every 4 years, according to Clayton. So according to him, it is quite possible that Dak, Amari and Byron gets signed this year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What's nonsense about what he says? (below)

The idea that extending a LB or OL has any impact on Cowboys ability to pay top $ for a RB or QB or WR is farcical. They have unmatched revenue streams and ranked 30th in payroll in 2017 and 31st in 2018 and project to being 27th for 2019. The money is there and cash always > cap

What's nonsensical is that he suggests revenue streams have anything to do with anything in terms of what players get signed to. I mean, it's been explained to you already. What part of this do you find hard to believe or understand?