CFZ Jason Peters is a Stud

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The guy is 40 years old, helping the team by being a leader to the young guy, obviously. But when he's in the game, he's still an above average player at 40, although I suspect many won't be able to see this.

When Tyler moved to LG, and Peters went to LT, Dak had such a clean pocket on those plays. And Tyler Smith had a beast of a game today.

I would like to see Peters stay in football shape this offseason and come back again next year. I believe he can still play another year, possibly even two more years.

As someone in my 40s myself, who also stays in pretty shape for my age (still run a 4.6 at 46), I have a lot of respect for someone who can play that well at the NFL level at 40 without much, if any, decline.

On top of that, the fact he's so humble and dedicated to this team right now make me really want to see him as a head coach when he retires.

I feel like he's under-appreciated for the value he brings to the team.

Michael Gallup is still my favorite player on the team. But I'd say Peters is a close 2nd...

Really liked this pickup when it happened. And I'm like McDonald's right now, still lovin' it.

Can't wait to see what happens when Tyron enters the picture.

Lastly, anyone doubting whether Tyler Smith can make a seamless transition to flex at LG full-time isn't paying attention.

Guy is a pro bowler, if he's playing LG.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The guy is 40 years old, helping the team by being a leader to the young guy, obviously. But when he's in the game, he's still an above average player at 40, although I suspect many won't be able to see this.

When Tyler moved to LG, and Peters went to LT, Dak had such a clean pocket on those plays. And Tyler Smith had a beast of a game today.

I would like to see Peters stay in football shape this offseason and come back again next year. I believe he can still play another year, possibly even two more years.

As someone in my 40s myself, who also stays in pretty shape for my age (still run a 4.6 at 46), I have a lot of respect for someone who can play that well at the NFL level at 40 without much, if any, decline.

On top of that, the fact he's so humble and dedicated to this team right now make me really want to see him as a head coach when he retires.

Michael Gallup is still my favorite player on the team. But I'd say Peters is a close 2nd...

Really liked this pickup when it happened. And I'm like McDonald's right now, still lovin' it.

Lastly, anyone doubting whether Tyler Smith can make a seamless transition to flex at LG full-time isn't paying attention.

Did he play well tonight?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All the line-breaks disturb me. There was another poster who used to do this as well. Can't remember who.

Sounds a little soft.

You're probably on a phone.

I don't use this site on my phone. I'm using a monitor, and it's easier to read that way. I also write for a tabloid publication, so it's kind of the style I'm accustomed to writing in.

You can always skip past it, like I do when I see something I'd rather not read.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Good one there, P2R, I'm sure you do. :laugh:

I hit a 4.69 this summer... Barefooted. But I hit it.

I weigh 170, though.

Anyway, it's not really about me; I never even played college football (I'm more of a cyclist nowadays )so my point was that he's playing at 40 as an offensive lineman and it's atypical for fat guys to have a career this long and still be that good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I do appreciate Jerry's love of some aged.
Jerry has a big heart.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Sounds a little soft.

You're probably on a phone.

I don't use this site on my phone. I'm using a monitor, and it's easier to read that way.

You can always skip past it, like I do when I see something I'd rather not read.

Both monitor and phone, depending on where I am.

It's easier to read in what way? Breaking up thoughts into separate paragraphs is easier? Why don't books format their content that way? Did Hunter S.Thompson do that? The only context in which excessive line breaks are used is for proposed legislature and googled recipes. If you could please start including line numbers so I can more easily reference your posts that would be great.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

It's easier to read in what way? Breaking up thoughts into separate paragraphs is easier? Why don't books format their content that way? Did Hunter S.Thompson do that? The only context in which excessive line breaks are used is for proposed legislature and googled recipes. If you could please start including line numbers so I can more easily reference your posts that would be great.

Right on.

You do you.

I'll do me.

:)

Stay petty.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
All the line-breaks disturb me. There was another poster who used to do this as well. Can't remember who.
Oh man I know exactly who you mean and it's going to bother me now that I can't remember what his name is lol.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yawn.

You guys understand that I realize this isn't really about line breaks in my post, right?

I know for a fact there's several people who do this.

You're trolling, at this point, obviously, which means you're even more petty than what it seems like on the surface.

I sure hope this isn't about something I said, because, you know, I'm overly concerned about your opinions here, obviously, and how "disturbed" you are.

Grow up.

By the way, "used to" is bad grammar, incorrect.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Most news articles have a page break every few sentences. The idea is to make it easier for people who are not the best readers. The opposite of a wall of text.

Go to USA Today for example and they do it.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

They even took smith out for some plays

John813

Reaction score
Jason Peters has been a godsend to this line.

Liked that comment from Cris Collinsworth that when Peters came in he motivated Tyler Smith that he had the talent to play right away he just had to know his assignments(paraphrasing).
I too, wouldn't mind if he returned. Even if he was like Udonis Haslem in Miami, NBA reference, as he definitely seems like a team player/behind the scenes type of guy. That and he's probably better than Ball and Waldo.

RS12

Reaction score
Did anyone notice after the Sam Williams fumble recovery (should have been a TD BTW).when Sam was on the sideline getting oxygen that Peters was over there giving Sam props? Peters is a great teammate. I also noticed that he looked just fine in pass protection.

The Natural

Reaction score
I always notice Peters on those "Sounds from the Sidelines" videos.

He brings great energy to the team, even when he is not playing he is constantly in guys ears' with encouraging words.

I wouldn't be mad if he stuck around the staff in some capacity after his playing days are over, if he has those aspirations.