Twitter: Jason Whitlock bold prediction, Luck return in 2 years to play for the Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, used to be just the "troubled" players were associated with coming to the Cowboys, now they're adding retired. What's next? Johnny Jacobs, Pop Warner standout, said to be considering Dallas Cowboys in 10 years.

Was he required a Cowboys comment on the show and the Elliott/Prescott comments were already spoken for?

jnday

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone the tell me what are we suppose to do with Dak.......lol
It doesn’t matter to me as long as he is not a Dallas Cowboy. Fans don’t realize how limiting it is to have Dak instead of a solid passing QB. QB is the most important position on the field and several posters here are willing to settle on a below average/average QB instead of trying to upgrade. Stop settling.

Plankton

Reaction score
General forum question:

Does anyone know if it is possible for a team to trade a draft pick for the rights to a player? Specifically in this case, a retired player?

I know the Cowboys have done things like this in the past with guys like Staubach and Herschel Walker, but I wonder if the same toe of deal would apply to a retired player's rights?

Cowboys did it with Chuck Howley. He had been retired from the Bears, and was working at his family's gas station in West Virginia. Cowboys made a trade with the Bears for his rights, and Howley had (what should have been recognized as) a Hall of Fame career in Dallas.

JayFord

Reaction score
Luck isn’t coming back period

There’s a better chance for the orioles to win this years world series

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That is the vibe I am getting from Luck. However, in the off chance Luck does have a change of heart down the road, I doubt Whitlock's prediction has any viable opportunity of becoming a reality.

His prediction was akin to … "Hmm, how can I squeeze a reference to the Dallas Cowboys in this national sports story and trigger their huge following? I know! I'll proposed he will come out of retirement to play quarterback for the Cowboys! Yeah, that's the ticket."

Praxit

Reaction score
.......Jason WHitlock will be new face of Papa John's. Will introduce his mama's recipe of Curly fries NFL monster style.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LOL......wonder what suppose to happen to Dak

Very good chance Luck comes back. Although something weird seems to be going on with the leg, I assume he heals up eventually. That will no doubt improve his mood. He'll still be plenty young for a QB. Then it's just too much money to leave lying on the table for him not to play.

Playing for us? Probably not. Looks like we're hitching our wagon to Dak.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Andrew Luck is one of my favorite non-Cowboys players. Got to work a camp with him a few years back and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, definitely the coolest NFL player I've ever got to talk to.

That being said, I really hope we aren't in a position to need him in 2 years.

Zordon

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is one of my favorite non-Cowboys players. Got to work a camp with him a few years back and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, definitely the coolest NFL player I've ever got to talk to.

That being said, I really hope we aren't in a position to need him in 2 years.
I've always dreamt of Luck playing behind our oline. His dad is close with Jerry and he's a Texan...I know Whitlock is trolling but this did cross my mind as well as a "plan B" option if Dak ***** the bed this year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His prediction was akin to … "Hmm, how can I squeeze a reference to the Dallas Cowboys in this national sports story and trigger their huge following? I know! I'll proposed he will come out of retirement to play quarterback for the Cowboys! Yeah, that's the ticket."
:hammer:

links18

Reaction score
Still waiting for Jerry to lure Megatron out of retirement.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Does some lingering doubt persist? Will Prescott's signing a new contract erase remaining speculation?

I think it's likely they sign Dak soon, but doubt persists for me. Both sides could temporize and figure that they'll get it done next year, but that's a lot of time for facts to change.