News: Jason Witten believes this is the most talented team he has been on

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is why he wanted to come back. He knows this young team could go the distance. Knowing that we now have a new OC that should use everyone and change things up. This is his last opportunity for a ring.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well they talk a good game trouble is when they need it they just don't play like one will believe it when I see it happen in the playoffs and they make a deep run other wise its all just white noise

Tussinman

Reaction score

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I remember it being high (like 8 or 9) but I looked it up and your right, 13 pro bowlers which is literally insane

Flozell Adams T
Marion Barber RB
Leonard Davis G
Greg Ellis LB
Nick Folk K
Andre Gurode C
Ken Hamlin FS
Terence Newman CB
Terrell Owens WR
Tony Romo QB
DeMarcus Ware LB
Roy Williams SS
Jason Witten TE

That 2007 team was stacked
Unbelievable, right? Not only that, we had 5 All-Pro players on that squad. The Super Bowl winning Giants team? One single Pro Bowler (Osi Umenyiora).

I often wonder what could have been with that Cowboys team. I am a firm believer that, had Patrick Crayton not stuttered on his route, Romo hits him for the game winning touchdown and we would've man handled the Packers in the NFCCG. Beating the Patriots would've been a different story though.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If Jason Witten were any good at all at analyzing football, he would have kept his job in the MNF booth. Shut up JW and get your old butt back in shape. I don't care what he thinks about this or any other team. Just get open and catch the ball. We already know he'll get very few yards after the catch.
I don't think Jason was bad at analyzing football, I just think he could not put it into words very well. Some are made for working the booth and some are not. Jason isn't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Last year's overall team was young and probably the most talented since at least 2007
A year more experience plus a few additions and a full year of Coop should make this one even more talented.

DFWJC

Reaction score
2007 had 13 Pro Bowlers or am I dreaming?
But really only about half were true Pro Bowlers. I think most of us knew that.
They hype train at midseason was over the top and the fans were voting for any player wearing the star.
Certainly Zeke is way better than any running back we've had since Emmitt. This line is better too..though it was good in '07 as well. Better linebackers now. I think the QB back then was better, but not worth starting a fight over.

Coy

Reaction score
Better team all arouend than in 2014, especially on D, but being honest with a worse QB, I agree.
Anyway, this should be boom or bust for Garrett.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jason Witten were any good at all at analyzing football, he would have kept his job in the MNF booth. Shut up JW and get your old butt back in shape. I don't care what he thinks about this or any other team. Just get open and catch the ball. We already know he'll get very few yards after the catch.

So, the best public speakers are the most knowledgeable about football? Who knew?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Last year's overall team was young and probably the most talented since at least 2007
A year more experience plus a few additions and a full year of Coop should make this one even more talented.

We are deeper at wr than 2007 team. Deeper at rb (Zeke by himself I take over Barber & Jones), and obviously OL.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak in my opinion gets an A grade in 2016 instead BTB's B+ rating. He set an NFL qb record. And I don't know why there are grades for this season, which hasn't been played yet. Our WR group, being so deep, should get somewhere in the A grade. Gallup will shine. Even Dak should be in the A grade. With Kitna around, better wr's, deeper OL, deeper RB's with Pollard as a slot weapon. Most important, no more Linehand. I see much improvement in the redzone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.