News: Jason Witten believes this is the most talented team he has been on

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nope, it's to point out something stupid you were saying. Witten wasn't good at Monday Night Football because he wasn't good at conveying his thoughts on air, not because he lacked the ability to analyze football as you indicated.

Read back - your post didn't say Witten didn't have the ability to express himself well, it said Witten didn't have the ability to analyze football.
That's what I said and I stand by it. Witten is an idiot when it comes to analyzing football which is very evident by his poor performance, especially when Booger McFarland had to correct him several times last season on MNF. It's your business if you want to ignore these facts but it is what it is,

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
But really only about half were true Pro Bowlers. I think most of us knew that.
They hype train at midseason was over the top and the fans were voting for any player wearing the star.
Certainly Zeke is way better than any running back we've had since Emmitt. This line is better too..though it was good in '07 as well. Better linebackers now. I think the QB back then was better, but not worth starting a fight over.

Marian The Barbarian was no slouch in 2007. That team was stacked, 5 of the 13 were All Pro’s. We went 13-3 that year. Two receivers and one TE let us down that playoff game...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I said and I stand by it. Witten is an idiot when it comes to analyzing football which is very evident by his poor performance, especially when Booger McFarland had to correct him several times last season on MNF. It's your business if you want to ignore these facts but it is what it is,

lol - yep, a guy with limited athletic ability made a HOF career out of not knowing the game … good call there buddy.

The guy stumbled and fumbled some as an on air personality. To assume that means he is unable to analyze the game is asinine. Understanding the details and the nuances is much of what highlighted his playing career, and for you to not understand there is a difference between being able to analyze and being adept at articulating as an on air TV personality is really pretty laughable.

erod

Reaction score
Defense could be the best it has been since Wade Phillips was coordinating it. We've spent too many years just getting by on that side of the ball and leaving it up to a Garrett-led offense to carry us. If the defense can take it up another notch, it might only take a little more from the offense than what it showed last year for us to truly contend.
It's called trying to ingratiate yourself with a team that you fake retired from.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
lol - yep, a guy with limited athletic ability made a HOF career out of not knowing the game … good call there buddy.

The guy stumbled and fumbled some as an on air personality. To assume that means he is unable to analyze the game is asinine. Understanding the details and the nuances is much of what highlighted his playing career, and for you to not understand there is a difference between being able to analyze and being adept at articulating as an on air TV personality is really pretty laughable.
You keep ignoring the elephant in the room, which is every time Booger McFarland had to correct him when he said something wrong which was a lot. Witten was no good in the both for several reasons but the main one was he was wrong so much. If you only observed his speech impediment, then that's your own poor observation. Laughing at you laughing at me. :eek::rolleyes::p

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You keep ignoring the elephant in the room, which is every time Booger McFarland had to correct him when he said something wrong which was a lot. Witten was no good in the both for several reasons but the main one was he was wrong so much. If you only observed his speech impediment, then that's your own poor observation. Laughing at you laughing at me. :eek::rolleyes::p

I think you are seeing pink polka dotted elephants in the room. But that’s okay as long as you let the guy with the bright red hair, red nose and floppy shoes train the elephant. You see him too, don’t you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think you are seeing pink polka dotted elephants in the room. But that’s okay as long as you let the guy with the bright red hair, red nose and floppy shoes train the elephant. You see him too, don’t you?
So you just want to ignore the many times Booger McFarland corrected Witten when he was wrong? Must be a great world you live in where you can just ignore the facts so that you don't have to admit you're wrong. No 500 lb gorilla in this room. :p:rolleyes:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you just want to ignore the many times Booger McFarland corrected Witten when he was wrong? Must be a great world you live in where you can just ignore the facts so that you don't have to admit you're wrong. No 500 lb gorilla in this room. :p:rolleyes:

Is the 500 lb gorilla pink and polka dotted too? He and your psychedelic elephant should become close friends, and they should be safe in that padded room you are all in. Was it the elephant or the gorilla that had the computer?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Looking at the overall team I agree this is one of the most talented and complete teams we have had in a while. I think we have had just as talented offense maybe more, same with defense but having both units with the talent this team has not seen in a while.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
C'mon, the man speaks English and has never demonstrated an inability to put what he means into words before his time in the MNF both. He was just not good at analyzing football. It's undeniable if you watching him a few times. You are far too kind to him.
I do like me some Witten. Great on the field, bad in the booth.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith.

All HOFers

All Short stint as analysts or color commentators because they were just not good at it.

Does not mean they don't know the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.