Twitter: Jason Witten on Dak

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I seen it earlier but do not do twitter so could not post it.

Now it is :popcorn: time.

Anyone have a video of the old Jiffy Pop popcorn. :muttley:

shabazz

Reaction score
Wow, this was a shocker.

I was totally expecting to hear eviscerate Dak on Twitter.

I know, what does one expect to hear from one teammate to another. deep down though we all know he misses Romo and that High Octane passing attack rather than get 2nd rate passing from Mr. Mediocre

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Witten already endorse Prescott from camp? Did the Joneses ask him to do a little selling?

I really do not recall anyone here, even the Dakaters, question his leadership or work ethic, his consistency with regards to accuracy has always been the issue and I don't see that addressed here.

However, we will get to see that on display shortly so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and that Aikman might be wrong and accuracy can be improved.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully his work ethic, overcomes is natural shortcomings. I am a believer that the body is subordinate to the mind, if you are strong enough mentally you can and will overcome all obstacles.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, this was a shocker.

I was totally expecting to hear eviscerate Dak on Twitter.

I know, what does one expect to hear from one teammate to another. deep down though we all know he misses Romo and that High Octane passing attack rather than get 2nd rate passing from Mr. Mediocre

Had Witten given a quick, stock kind of answer you would have a point, but that's not what happened. Of course, Witt didn't have to say anything at all, but even if he wanted to give the media something he could have merely said something simple like "Dak had a great training camp and looks well prepared for the season". The kind of detail and length he went into suggests he really does think highly of Dak.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Witten has always been great at sticking to the party line. I like Dak more than most here, but I don't take his statement as meaning a lot either way.

Dak has no physical limitations worth talking about. Basically he needs to improve his mechanics and make faster reads. College coaches can be very lazy about drilling proper footwork and throwing motion if a guy is "good enough" to win college games.

I'm not saying he has Mahomes's arm, just that he has plenty if it's used with proper technique. Brady went from mediocre to bombing to Randy Moss deep all day by drilling his mechanics.

I don't mean to trivialize his room for improvement after 3 seasons, but he's not some guy like Chad Pennington who had his rotator cuff & labrum destroyed multiple times and had no arm anymore.

calico

Reaction score
all he needs now is to learn how to throw open a receiver and not miss wide open guys and we will win the Owl for the first time in a while.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Witten already endorse Prescott from camp? Did the Joneses ask him to do a little selling?

I really do not recall anyone here, even the Dakaters, question his leadership or work ethic, his consistency with regards to accuracy has always been the issue and I don't see that addressed here.

However, we will get to see that on display shortly so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and that Aikman might be wrong and accuracy can be improved.

I think what Aikman's comments may not take into account is that accuracy isn't just in the physical throwing motion, it's also in the mental side. The more a QB sees and understands on the field, the more confident and sure of himself he will be, and that can have an impact. Experience can help with that, as well as study of the offense and opposing defenses.

A lot of QBs see improved completion % numbers after their first few years in the league - even the elite ones like Brady and Brees and Manning.