Twitter: Jason Witten on Dak

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well what he didn't say was that "Dak is throwing the ball down the field accurately and on time." Nobody doubts all of the other intangibles Witt mentions

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Didn't Witten already endorse Prescott from camp? Did the Joneses ask him to do a little selling?

I really do not recall anyone here, even the Dakaters, question his leadership or work ethic, his consistency with regards to accuracy has always been the issue and I don't see that addressed here.

However, we will get to see that on display shortly so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and that Aikman might be wrong and accuracy can be improved.
He answers questions he's asked.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Hold on one minute - I thought Dak sucks. A HOFer says he doesn't suck. For the anti-Dak guys - can you please explain?

Dak doesn't suck. He is a QB learning his trade and is where he needs to be given where he was selected. Is he perfect? No. Is he the second coming of Joe Montana? No - no one has said this and people who support Dak have never claimed he was anything but what he is. He's a QB who is growing and learning within the system he is asked to run and execute.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Just proves again that the haters use ZERO logic and its all just a handful of Romo cry babies that will never get over it.

I look forward to watching Dak completely embarrass them again this season. Going into his 4th season things should REALLY get embarrassing for them now.
Hold on one minute - I thought Dak sucks. A HOFer says he doesn't suck. For the anti-Dak guys - can you please explain?

Really because I did not hear Witten say anything about the concerns I have about him as QB.

Nobody will argue, or has argued anything contrary to what Witten said.

This proves nothing about Daks actual play on the field!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really because I did not hear Witten say anything about the concerns I have about him as QB.

He talked about what you guys never talk about. The most important things he talked about.

He has talked previously and in THIS comment about his improvements and working on his game. The kid has all the athleticism in the world and talent. And with his worth ethic, it should be very very easy to come to the conclusion that Dak will improve dramatically over the next few years in those areas that guys like you have issues.

Case and point is that you guys OVERBLOW his issues and then also ACT LIKE a young QB should be great at that already AND ACT LIKE he will never improve on them.

ALL SHOW signs of someone that is either a biased hater or doesn't understand QB development.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Ever heard of intangibles and leadership.......pretty important for a successful NFL QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He answers questions he's asked.
Yep but I did notice the passer part of QB wasn't addressed. And I find that strange because he was touting that in camp, he was one of the more vocal supporters about that but then the reporters gave their grade and basically went the other way on that. I would have thought he would choose to support that and refute their opinions but he didn't. Witten is more than aware of the major questions about his QB and it's not leadership or work ethic.

This is tantamount to the girl describing the blind date she wants to fix you up with.

"What does she look like?"
"She makes her own clothes".
"She's a great cook".
"She's got a wonderful personality".
"She spends 20 hours a week doing charitable work"

Chances are if you aren't getting your question asked, there's a very good reason.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dak doesn't suck. He is a QB learning his trade and is where he needs to be given where he was selected. Is he perfect? No. Is he the second coming of Joe Montana? No - no one has said this and people who support Dak have never claimed he was anything but what he is. He's a QB who is growing and learning within the system he is asked to run and execute.

I know Dak doesn't suck. I know this well. It is a fact he is actually pretty good. Some here still claim he sucks. They are wrong.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also the Aikman comments are becoming an urban legend to criticize Dak. Aikman didn't say accuracy can't improve, he said that the type of elite wings-off-a-fly accuracy that he had is something you are either born with or not.

You can make a long list of Pro Bowl QBs that had OK, not elite, accuracy.

Like the "we like our guys" comment

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Ahhh, here comes the Dak haters. I won't reprint the stats. I won't recall the record. Both of which show his "actual play on the field (as you say)" to be pretty, pretty, pretty good.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This shows up as an ad on my screen. I think I would like to explore this particular Japanese women.

So much for that diversion …. lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've never paid much attention to these interviews with a player talking about another player on the same team. They rarely dish out dirty laundry and the praise is too often exaggerated. You just aren't going to get their true thoughts. For example, you aren't going to hear Witten say he wishes Dak could do this or that as Romo could.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never paid much attention to these interviews with a player talking about another player on the same team. They rarely dish out dirty laundry and the praise is too often exaggerated. You just aren't going to get their true thoughts. For example, you aren't going to hear Witten say he wishes Dak could do this or that as Romo could.

Clearly you are right to not get too caught up in it, but I give a little credence to someone who goes into this kind of detail. There is no benefit to Witten for doing that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Has Witten ever not had glowing praise for someone?
There’s saying the right thing about your teammate, and there’s going way over the top because you love your QB. Read it again. Clearly, this is the latter and genuine.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There’s saying the right thing about your teammate, and there’s going way over the top because you love your QB. Read it again. Clearly, this is the latter and genuine.
And my comment still stands. I did not say, "Has Witten not ever said positive things." I can't trust that it's genuine.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Clearly you are right to not get too caught up in it, but I give a little credence to someone who goes into this kind of detail. There is no benefit to Witten for doing that.
I think he benefits greatly to project a public persona that can articulate a positive message. Those are the guys that get invited to audition for broadcast jobs after they retire from football.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he benefits greatly to project a public persona that can articulate a positive message. Those are the guys that get invited to audition for broadcast jobs after they retire from football.

He could do that with a short obligatory comment, plus Jason Witten has already earned all the goodwill he could ever need.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He talked about what you guys never talk about. The most important things he talked about.

He has talked previously and in THIS comment about his improvements and working on his game. The kid has all the athleticism in the world and talent. And with his worth ethic, it should be very very easy to come to the conclusion that Dak will improve dramatically over the next few years in those areas that guys like you have issues.

Case and point is that you guys OVERBLOW his issues and then also ACT LIKE a young QB should be great at that already AND ACT LIKE he will never improve on them.

ALL SHOW signs of someone that is either a biased hater or doesn't understand QB development.

Biased or a hater - oh please - you guys kill me!

Just basic observations.....

2016-78.8
2017-69.5
2018-58.8

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope Dak improves but I doubt he will. We are so good offensively we will continue success 20-20 but will also continue to struggle in the redzone where accuracy and ball placement are critical.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
while I do like hearing about Dak's great leadership skills,,,, over and over again,,,, what I really want to hear about are his great strides in passing the football.
There have been great passers that have not won because they are primadonas. I'd rather play for a great leader with a good arm than a great passer with a crappy attitude. A great leader makes the whole team better, that's what it takes to win, especially with inferior coaching.