Twitter: Jason Witten on Dak

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jason Witten is devoted to about as high a standard as exists in the NFL. If he says it's so, it's a good bet that you can bank on it, if you're a reasonably savvy observer. Are you?

Dak has endured about as much doubt as anyone as devoted to his profession as any one individual can be. That's a trait to be admired, not one to be cast aside in a fit of doubt, possibly due to impatience.

I'm one who has honestly had my moments of doubt but my eyes tell me that he's come a long way toward proving himself as a viable contender to gain due respect in this league. I honestly believe he deserves a chance to prove it.

Let's try to assume an objective view of what's to come in the games ahead, shall we? Thanks, if you're somehow inclined to be fair! ;)

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
It says a lot that everyone talks about how hard working he is, what a great leader he is (both true), but rarely does anyone gush about his accuracy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It says a lot that everyone talks about how hard working he is, what a great leader he is (both true), but rarely does anyone gush about his accuracy.

That's something that remains to be seen and possibly, accepted. I think maybe we're about to discover more, as to what to believe.

Last edited:

flosho

Reaction score
There is party line (what is expected of a player to say about their QB or star player) and there is genuine praise and excitement... I think this is the latter.

Section446

Reaction score
That's something that remains to be seen and possibly, accepted. I think maybe we're about to discover more, as to what to believe.
If he takes the next step, this is a Super Bowl team for a few more years, it all rests on #4.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I know, what does one expect to hear from one teammate to another. deep down though we all know he misses Romo and that High Octane passing attack rather than get 2nd rate passing from Mr. Mediocre

Yea we all miss Romos High Octane passing attack . Problem is it was complimented with him laying in the fetal position too many times at the end of his career . We miss all those stats piled up leading directly to the NFL purgatory of 8-8 .

Dak is by far the best we could have hoped for after not preparing one bit for Romos end . If when Romo couldnt practice on Wed we bucked up and used a 1st rd pick on a QB then you could complain about accuracy issues . 4th rd picks are not turnkey QBs with no flaws .

Dak is the best we have and the best we can get so deal with it and be damn thankful because it could be far worse and looks to be getting better every year .

Dak is a great football player and a winner who gets us to the playoffs and gives us a chance . Romo was the greatest passer in Cowboy history but couldnt get us to an NFC championship game with all his High Octane ability .

Give me the football player with all the intangibles and a desire to win anyway possible who uses everything in his skill set to get the win . Keep the guy so predictable and obsessed with passing the ball that defenses bait him into failure . Dak will eclipse any success Romo ever brought this team .