Twitter: Jason Witten wants to play for Cowboys, willing to play for someone else

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Witten is still a pretty good blocker and catcher. Problem is he has slowed down tremendously with age. If he's willing to take a veteran minimum and a backup/part-time role, I would be ok with he coming back for another year.

I was watching highlights on youtube from 2007 (Cowboys vs Packers, Rodgers first appearance), and Witten was slow back then too. Not as slooow as he is now, but slow. Crafty enough to get open, but he was never Jarwin fast

Mr_437

Reaction score
Out with the old in with the new. Identify a guy (FA/Draft) to pair with Jarwin n Shultz.

Later Witten...retire bro.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is hilarious that some of these post points toward Witten being a problem on this team last season. Witten is not even in the top 100 problems that this team needs to fix.
Him personally is not the problem........but he represented what was a problem was on this team. He had no business getting as many reps as he did. He would probably even say that.

king987

Reaction score
Witten is my fav player of all time, but it's time to move on. This team just seemed unwilling to admit what Witten is at this point of his career, and that's a problem. Now we're not even sure what we have in Jarwin, which we should a clearer picture by now.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It is hilarious that some of these post points toward Witten being a problem on this team last season. Witten is not even in the top 100 problems that this team needs to fix.

Not sure Man, kind of feels like the Cowboys would have been undefeated if not for Wittens 6 drops, lol. In all seriousness Witten coming back to play was impressive, though he shouldn't have played 75% of snaps. That's on the coaching and at most 40% to 50% snaps , playing mostly in short yardage or 2 TE packages. But that was far from the Cowboy's main issues.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Please just go away Witten.

You're nothing more than a progress stopper at this point.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....if he does, most likely 2nd string. Football is a young man's game.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If Witten stays Dak will continue to throw him the ball to a fault just like Romo did.. he has his way with coaches and quarterbacks. Someone has to put a stop to this at some point..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If McCarthy is talking about Witten's future as a coach has to start at the bottom of the ladder then he is done considering Witten as a player on this team. Witten's options seem to be narrowing. Play for another team seems to be the most likely path for him. It's that or he goes coach in the college ranks because I doubt he will humble himself to be a QC guy in the pros.