Twitter: Jason Witten wants to play for Cowboys, willing to play for someone else

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No point in getting into a lengthy discussion over it. In my opinion the Giants are a ways off. Witten should just go out on his own terms instead of hanging around until he can’t find a team.

I think he is doing that. He's clearly not ready to retire. If the team doesn't want to resign him, I think he will find work. I'd hate it but I would understand. He's earned the right in my book.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why do you say this? Perhaps he wants to win a championship? I mean, it's not as if he said he was leaving to go play for somebody else because he's not getting paid enough or anything. He simply said he wants to play for the Cowboys but if that's not a possibility, he might go play somewhere else.
You dont go to the Giants to win a championship. Stop being a fanboy of Witten and keep it real. Not that hard

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be a sad testament to the off season if by July, Witten is STILL the best TE on the roster. I know a lot of folks hate on him b/c he can't blaze one down the sideline, but we didn't have a better all-round TE on the roster last year and that's the teams fault.

Flamma

Reaction score
I too have no problem with him on the Cowboys, but as a backup. He was dropping passes last year and that's not a good sign. The thing is, is Jarwin any better?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way Witten is back. Love the guy but he’s not productive. I’d say he’s counterproductive at this point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do you say this? Perhaps he wants to win a championship? I mean, it's not as if he said he was leaving to go play for somebody else because he's not getting paid enough or anything. He simply said he wants to play for the Cowboys but if that's not a possibility, he might go play somewhere else.
Witten wants to stay and play for the Cowboys because he knows the Cowboys are legit Super Bowl contenders with this new coaching staff and roster. Witt wants to get a ring as a Cowboy before he retires. I don't blame him. He's right.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Wit please retire and don't embarrass yourself..........you've had a fine career to be proud of but it's time for another phase of your life to begin.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

"Jason Witten back in the booth."

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Witten regressed in his play this year, especially with some of the drops he experienced in clutch situations. I'd like to see him coaching on another team, whether he returns to the Cowboys or not. I think his days as a starting TE are in doubt, whether it's for us or another team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
First Lawrence, now Witten. Why do these guys think they have to share their every thought with the media. Lawrence, I could care less that you want Dez back. And Witty, it's been 16 years. Go do what you need to do. WE DON'T CARE!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
First Lawrence, now Witten. Why do these guys think they have to share their every thought with the media. Lawrence, I could care less that you want Dez back. And Witty, it's been 16 years. Go do what you need to do. WE DON'T CARE!

He showed his colors when he decided to hold his injury hostage for a big payday. I lost much of my respect for him after that stunt. (jmho)