Jaws: Deep Ball passing 2018 playoff QBs

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak throws deep about as much as Romo did....Of course around here Romo's a 1st ballot HOFer but Romo didn't get blasted for this...personally I think a lot of it is the scheme in general.
Where do you find those numbers?

I’mcurious about some non playoff guys as well. Mayfield, etc.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Anyone ever find out Jaws’ source?
Im sure one of our stats guys has access.

I wonder if they do 30 or even 40 yards
:dance:

Anyone remember Jeff Blake of the Bengals years ago. What a deep ball thrower...but real bombs.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Cut it Loose Dak, big difference between being aggressive and being careless. The last thing I want to see him do is sitting in the pocket and patting the ball. This is the time when Big Time Players make big-time plays...Let's Go... Rumble young man Rumble :flagwave:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well! (lol)

Ya Dak is a Franchise QB lol......stat magic to deceive the eye's...

MUS-FAPC1114_850.jpg

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s great, but gotta have perspective...

Per NextGenStats - Daks average intended air yard average is outside of the top 20.

My take is he’s doing well when throwing deep, but not making those the downfield throws as often as others.
That's the missing stat in there. That said, I am just thankful someone finally tracked yards-in-air stats rather than including 5 yard passes that go for 50 yards.

Flamma

Reaction score
UH OH. Certain people who have an agenda won’t like this.

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don’t. Stats say Dak is a fantastic QB.

Are these stats for this season or career? To put the numbers a little more into perspective, how many did they attempt? If it's for this season alone then these stats are misleading. Like when comparing Foles to Mahomes using this statistic.

Brees -58
Wilson -47
Prescott -39
Foles -14
Mahomes -75
Brady -53
Rivers -60
Wentz -37
Flacco -29

kskboys

Reaction score
See, this is what I have been saying. THAT is how you track deep throws .. not by play yardage but by yards-in-air.

The other stat is useless, but this one gives a better representation of which quarterbacks are good at throwing the deep ball.
Yup.

It's like trying to use points to rate a D when the D didn't give up all those points.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Are these stats for this season or career? To put the numbers a little more into perspective, how many did they attempt? If it's for this season alone then these stats are misleading. Like when comparing Foles to Mahomes using this statistic.

Brees -58
Wilson -47
Prescott -39
Foles -14
Mahomes -75
Brady -53
Rivers -60
Wentz -37
Flacco -29
This adds some perspective, and is not suprising.

Where didyou find this?