Video: Jay Glazer Report: Urban Meyer could be Jason Garrett's replacement in Cowboys

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How's it going, whirl. Just food for thought, but haven't teams had time to scrutinize belichick.
I don't think you can scrutinizing. Doesn't do the same thing twice ever. He's like a magician LOL so if you can get someone in that same mold I have no issue. Some people are tunnel-visioned they don't know how to change. Every games like a new girlfriend you have to treat her differently

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How's it going, whirl. Just food for thought, but haven't teams had time to scrutinize belichick.
I'm not positive I think Bill Parcells what's the closest coach ever to win a Super Bowl with two different teams. Just to add some fuel to my discussion. LOL no disrespect ever intended my cowboy brother. I just know you can take the humor. Some people are just too serious and they don't understand me LOL

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I could care less about Urban Meyer. I'd rather have a young startup trying to make a name for himself someone the league hasn't already scrutinize. If the guy is a winner. Then he's a winner I don't know enough about him

Are you saying you aren't sure if Urban Meyer is a winner?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'd stay away from the whole college coach thing. Rarely works out. Give me an assistant/ coordinator from a team that has won or competed for championships that most importantly can bring a change of culture to this team. IMO I think that's what this team needs the most, accountability, discipline and results. Something it's been lacking since Jimmy left.

Jimmy Johnson was the best hire Jerry every made, he came straight from Miami.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would like a new yungstar up. Somebody who hasn't been scrutinized. I'm not sure how you can't comprehend that. Why would I want a Jon Gruden type leftover.
I don’t want no unknown. We’ve had those and they haven’t worked out. I want a veteran head coach with a proven track record. The lack of discipline and sense of entitlement needs to stop.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score

After Watching this Yeah i am in ! makes me think our drafts would even get better !

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No you didn’t watch it because Glazer never said what your thread title says he said. If you did watch it you have issues understanding English.

Wrong. I watched the entire video. I copied the title from the article and posted the entire thing. I did not write anything in regard to the original post EXCEPT when I quoted Jerry and my thoughts about that. If you have a problem with the title, take it up with the original context creator..

Did you read the second post I made which quoted Meyer? Or maybe third?

My suggestion is you shouldn't assume you know what I did or did not do.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t want no unknown. We’ve had those and they haven’t worked out. I want a veteran head coach with a proven track record. The lack of discipline and sense of entitlement needs to stop.
Jimmy Johnson was an unknown. So was the guy that went to Philadelphia that didn't make it

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wrong. I watched the entire video. I copied the title from the article and posted the entire thing. I did not write anything in regard to the original post EXCEPT when I quoted Jerry and my thoughts about that. If you have a problem with the title, take it up with the original context creator..

Did you read the second post I made which quoted Meyer? Or maybe third?

My suggestion is you shouldn't assume you know what I did or did not do.
If you watched it you wouldn’t have titled it the way you did.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was an unknown. So was the guy that went to Philadelphia that didn't make it
I don’t want an unknown. This team is already mostly built. Need someone to make them accountable. They’ll laugh at a college coach or some relatively unknown assistant with no skins on the wall.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I’m not as excited about Meyer as some are
I prefer nfl experience
I’m also hoping a defensive guy
There is a guy in Indy that Jerry knows well and has done a good job
We need a guy like Urban Meyer that will want almost full control. None of these newcomers that Jerry will give only some power to. We need a coach that won't put up with it, much like parcells. The next coach needs to be able to pick his own staff. Jerry and co are terrible when it comes to evaluating coaching

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I don’t want an unknown. This team is already mostly built. Need someone to make them accountable. They’ll laugh at a college coach or some relatively unknown assistant with no skins on the wall.
100 percent agree. This roster is ready to win now. Not groom a new guy for the future. Already tried that with Garrett.

jsb357

Reaction score
Should fit right in...

During his tenure at Florida, Meyer’s players were arrested 31 times over six seasons—so frequently that when the Orlando Sentinel listed all of his players’ arrests in one document, it couldn’t even fit on one webpage. The New York Times reported that 41 of the players on Meyer’s 2008 roster were arrested, either at Florida or shortly after leaving the school. There was a similar string of arrests early in Meyer’s Ohio State tenure.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Should fit right in...

During his tenure at Florida, Meyer’s players were arrested 31 times over six seasons—so frequently that when the Orlando Sentinel listed all of his players’ arrests in one document, it couldn’t even fit on one webpage. The New York Times reported that 41 of the players on Meyer’s 2008 roster were arrested, either at Florida or shortly after leaving the school. There was a similar string of arrests early in Meyer’s Ohio State tenure.
Another Jimmy Johnson comp

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Should fit right in...

Can he win a Superbowl though? If so then hire him and just deal with the rest later.

I want this team to win and be entertaining.