Video: Jay Glazer Report: Urban Meyer could be Jason Garrett's replacement in Cowboys

conner01

Reaction score
We need a guy like Urban Meyer that will want almost full control. None of these newcomers that Jerry will give only some power to. We need a coach that won't put up with it, much like parcells. The next coach needs to be able to pick his own staff. Jerry and co are terrible when it comes to evaluating coaching
I think that’s much more likely with a coach with nfl experience myself

Eightneight

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was the best hire Jerry every made, he came straight from Miami.
Good point. I just don't see very many or any other college coaches out there who have done what JJ did in the last couple of decades. Jerrah certainly struck gold with JJ. Not sure I'd go that route now.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You got excited about Wade? :facepalm:

No, what I was saying is, I got excited about getting a new coach then we got stuck with Wade.

Didn't want him or Norv hired and couldn't believe Jerry's search came down to those 2.

9of11

Reaction score
So could Godzilla...but we wont know until he is chosen or if Jason is fired...

9of11

Reaction score
Give me Lincoln Riley or give me Death!....and taxes....forget about death and taxes.....just give me Lincoln!!!!

GMO415

Reaction score
Glazer never said it "could be Meyer"....title is misleading.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'd stay away from the whole college coach thing. Rarely works out. Give me an assistant/ coordinator from a team that has won or competed for championships that most importantly can bring a change of culture to this team. IMO I think that's what this team needs the most, accountability, discipline and results. Something it's been lacking since Jimmy left.

Because that works out so often. Here's the Bellichick tree:

Al Groh, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Bill O’Brien, Matt Patricia. Coaches who have worked under Belichick have combined for one NFL playoff win (O’Brien).

Aven8

Reaction score
Most interesting thing I got out of that interview was Strahan giving him a ride all those years. That’s crazy.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Because that works out so often. Here's the Bellichick tree:

Al Groh, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Bill O’Brien, Matt Patricia. Coaches who have worked under Belichick have combined for one NFL playoff win (O’Brien).
So what's your answer genius? Instead of picking apart everyone else's thoughts and offering no solution yourself, how about you give us all your grand ideas. Besides, who on this thread even me turned Belechik?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm quite tempted to join the throng of those who want to see Bill Belichick come to the Cowboys. Jerry would have to step aside to get him here. If Bill didn't find success here, it'd be fun to badmouth him, just for kicks and payback for all the misery he's caused us in the past. :)

Rayman70

Reaction score
RUMORS ARE GROWING LOUDER by the minute about Jason Witten being our next HC. lol...its just crazy. Talk about Keystone cops running things ...it would be more complicit ineptitude. Jason would be a very slight upgrade..but nothing to get us over the hump. I WOULD HATE IT. Petersen isn't coaching for a long while...college or pro's..The guy is burnt out.

jnday

Reaction score
I could care less about Urban Meyer. I'd rather have a young startup trying to make a name for himself someone the league hasn't already scrutinize. If the guy is a winner. Then he's a winner I don't know enough about him
The league has never scrutinized Meyer. He has only won two College championships and been extremely successful at every school that he has coached. How can you not know about Urban Meyer.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The league has never scrutinized Meyer. He has only won two College championships and been extremely successful at every school that he has coached. How can you not know about Urban Meyer.
Why should I know about him. I'm a Notre Dame fan what I'm supposed to know every coach in the league. No I don't want a fired leftover NFL coach that the league has already scrutinized. I'd like a college coming up from the ranks coach.