Jay Ratliff said he was worn down mentally and physically

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
said he was worn down mentally and physically
talked to spears, hatch, others ready to go now

Commanders whom beat you; yeah, it can be a perfect scenario, were just trying to win, not necessarily prove a point but win

teams running on you; im not going to say its not effort, we give great effort, but as far as technique we have addressed it during this week, and it will be different

5-4 season, last year you coasted question, yeah it will be satisfying if we get there where we want to go with all of the adversity we had to deal with

just spent time with my dad, went hunting, a memory i will probably never forget with my dad;

never killed a deer before, yes i bore hunt, the hogs jay ratliff said he loved boar hunting

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
talking about some hogs, hunting etc,

talking about hunting comparing it to football, try to do better or see what you did wrong and fix it;

im paraphrasing here,

i got my competiveness from my family, 3 older brothers, we compete all the time, basketball, football, baseball, and my brothers and i against who ever

even in regular basketball or video games we fought, etc

takled about family fights etc, wont go into that,

their off today, back to work tomorrow

monday was pretty upbeat and everyone was engerized, we needed that, and i think things will turn around for us,

jay ratliff is always on tuesdays on ktbb if you want to listen, since im not a great recaper but i try for you cowboys fans,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Full recap,
jay ratliff

said he was worn down mentally and physically before the bye week, and helped him get back refreshed menatally and physically

Jay talked to spears, hatch, others ready to go now during the bye week, and said everyone is ready to go, he keeps in touch with other defensive players

Commanders whom beat you the game in dallas this year, question; yeah, it can be a perfect scenario, were just trying to win, not necessarily prove a point but win, if we can win be perfect beating the Commanders, with ports being reported he may or may not play and how the Commanders beat us, would be perfect to beat them in dc

teams running on you question; im not going to say its not effort, we give great effort on defense, we give great effort, but as far as technique we have addressed it during this week, and it will be different in the upcoming game against the Commanders

5-4 season, last year you coasted going 13-3 but 5-4 now question,
yeah it will be satisfying if we get there in the playoffs etc, I don?t want to talk ahead, this is a question that smoky was asking jay Ratliff, where we want to go with all of the adversity we had to deal with so yes, if we do get to the playoffs and im not trying to look ahead, just focus on this game right now,

smoky asked jay what did he do during the bye week; just spent time with my dad, went hunting, a memory i will probably never forget with my dad;

jay you never killed a deer before, yes i bore hunt, the hogs jay ratliff said he loved boar hunting, but no I never have gone deer hunting before,, but I did with my dad over the weekend and a memory I will always cherish

talking about some hogs, hunting etc,

talking about hunting comparing it to football, try to do better or see what you did wrong and fix it;

im paraphrasing here,

i got my competiveness from my family, 3 older brothers, we compete all the time, basketball, football, baseball, and my brothers and i against who ever

even in regular basketball or video games we fought, etc

talked about family fights etc, wont go into that,

their off today, back to work tomorrow, jay said he saw the team upbeat a lot and ready to go

monday was pretty upbeat and everyone was energized, we needed that, and i think things will turn around for us,

jay ratliff is always on Tuesdays on ktbb if you want to listen, since im not a great recaper but i try for you cowboys fans,

JonCJG

Reaction score
We need a NT with some size so we can move Ratliff where he belongs (DE).

Ratliff has great quickness off the ball and it's wasted at the NT position because of the constant double teams he faces. One on one with a RT he could dominate.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I agree KD, totally,

but remember good ole wade said he didnt like big huge NTs, he likes smaller quicker NT's but thats where i disagree with wade, the NT has to tie up the center and guard so the linebackers can flow to the football, smaller NTs get pushed around

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2413352 said:
but remember good ole wade said he didnt like big huge NTs, he likes smaller quicker NT's but thats where i disagree with wade, the NT has to tie up the center and guard so the linebackers can flow to the football, smaller NTs get pushed around

:bang2:

He didn't say he didn't like big NTs.

In fact, he said he'd rather have a big one. He only signed Pat Williams out of college, for crying out loud.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2413317 said:
said he was worn down mentally and physically
talked to spears, hatch, others ready to go now

Commanders whom beat you; yeah, it can be a perfect scenario, were just trying to win, not necessarily prove a point but win

teams running on you; im not going to say its not effort, we give great effort, but as far as technique we have addressed it during this week, and it will be different

5-4 season, last year you coasted question, yeah it will be satisfying if we get there where we want to go with all of the adversity we had to deal with

just spent time with my dad, went hunting, a memory i will probably never forget with my dad;

never killed a deer before, yes i bore hunt, the hogs jay ratliff said he loved boar hunting

This explains Ratliff's hunt and kill mentality. Hopefully he'll bag a couple more hogs this weekend.:D

kmp77

Reaction score
KD;2413335 said:
We need a NT with some size so we can move Ratliff where he belongs (DE).

I've been saying for years we need a FAT boy at NT....we need someone who can anchor. Rat and tank just aren't big enough.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well i read a few months ago, a media writer asked wade about having a bigger NT, and wade said, i like the smaller quicker NTs, thats what i read, and heard

Eskimo

Reaction score
Rat may be gettng worn down with the pounding inside.

I think it is in our and his best interests to find someone else to play NT so we can move him to RDE beside Ware. We can leave Spears and Spencer to anchor the other side with their physicality. We will have improved 3 positions in this process. The last piece needed is a big, physical, fast ILB ala James Farrior.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
This article is right up my alley. Ratliff is getting worn out, because he is not a Nose Tackle. He is a DT at best. To no fault of his, that is the reason teams are able to run the ball all the way down the field, especially late in games. We need that 350 LB NT that can tie up two blockers, allowing our LB's to make tackles cleanly. That is the concept of a 3-4 defense. Without a sizeable guy in the middle, the system does not work.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What exactly was he worn down from? Half a season? What a pu...pansy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Future;2414141 said:
What exactly was he worn down from? Half a season? What a pu...pansy.

Maybe he's getting worn down from being undersized at his position and taking on consistent double teams.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2414155 said:
Maybe he's getting worn down from being undersized at his position and taking on consistent double teams.

Didn't bother him last year. Which by the way, makes me wonder what's different. TC perhaps? Walk-thru practices two out of the three days they actually practice? Very little contact?